Art Morte
Zizi_Red
urbaNRoots
archwooohh
10 posters

Go down

Rooney and his drama Empty Rooney and his drama

Post by archwooohh Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Found it hard to forgive him the first time he did it, and now he's done it again I for one can't wait for him to leave Old Trafford.

Thanks for your years of service, though. Where do you think he'll end up? Would be ironic if he ends up at Arsenal but I see him ending up in France with either of the two big spenders.

Anyway Kagawa to finally light up the PL next year playing behind Van Persie cheers
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Rooney and his drama Empty Re: Rooney and his drama

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 pm

United will be stronger without Rooney if Moyes does a good job in the transfer window, just look at a potential first team for next season (potential new signings incl.)

de Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Baines
Strootman Carrick
Zaha Kagawa Ronaldo*
van Persie

*(just kidding, new winger or Giggs/Young, whatever Moyes' plans are)

Bench: Lindegaard, Valencia, Evans, Cleverley, Young, Welbeck, Chicharito

That right there is a sick first team.

------------

As for Rooney I can't imagine him going to PSG/Monaco and having to learn a new language, that said... can't imagine him taking a pay-cut to join Arsenal either so he'll probably stay or is he 100% leaving?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizi_Red Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Yeah, I don't know of any Utd fan who doesn't mind seeing him go tbh. In hindsight, all of this gives on an understanding into SAF's thinking behind the RVP signing, I was against it at first but imagine if we had to rely on Rooney the entire season ? I doubt we would be champions. I think SAF knew we needed a more reliable (and maybe more lean, lol) star player in our ranks. He's no longer indispensable, which we must admit he was after CR7 left, and I think the team would actually be better off if he did depart. Kagawa has the ability to be more effective in that AM/SS position and I think he could grow to be a real lynchpin in our team next season if allowed to. So yeah, really can't see much good coming from Rooney staying on board...I think we can go on to build a much better TEAM without him.
Zizi_Red
Zizi_Red
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, most United fans seem happy at the thought of letting him go. I'm not surprised, looking at your squad and how it performed last season there doesn't seem to be need for him. But I think he could do a good job for a team that played to his strengths instead of trying to accommodate him to their game.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizi_Red Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

True, which is why I would think its best for both parties he gets a transfer. Wouldn't surprise me to see him set the world alight again should he move to a team that will make him the focal point of their attack. Will never forget how lethal he was for us the season after CR left, scoring over 30 goals by March before suffering that horrible ankle injury. A move could give him a new lease of life, I don't see it happening for him here unless Moyes guarantees him of a starring role in the side and base our system around him again, which would suck because it would mean less playing time for Kagawa in his preferred position.

Where he could go is a complete mystery tho, going to Arsenal would be lol'worthy considering all the nonsense he spewed about us lacking ambition etc. In 2010. Hopefully he ends up outside the EPL.
Zizi_Red
Zizi_Red
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Sell him to Anzhi Mahsdjsadjsakdask and let's get this over with.

Last edited by Zero on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *with)
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 am

Ironic if he goes to arsenal, kinda weird to see him go to PSG, but either way I think this season showed united does without rooney. However, stat wise, him playing how ever games show pretty good results even with him playing playing midfield. Also I love those free-kicks he takes, but his departure does give kawaga the room to grow into an attacking midfielder. Really want to see this sage end and hopefully its good for both parties.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:20 pm

'Manchester United would want to keep a fit and happy Rooney', says Macari

Manchester United accept Wayne Rooney did not hand in transfer request
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:'Manchester United would want to keep a fit and happy Rooney', says Macari

Manchester United accept Wayne Rooney did not hand in transfer request

I know he won't leave...I think he was just upset at the end of the season, he had poor form and SAF was dropping him, playing him out of position and subbing him. He probably mentioned a transfer to SAF, not knowing he was going to retire, I think now he realizes he has a fresh start with Moyes coming in and the Guardian was reporting he doesn't want to move his family because he just had a another kid.

I will be happy he stays, my favourite player, and the teams best player when on form.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 am

We're always going to be better off keeping him in our squad as he's a top draw player but the truth is we can't have a player constantly throwing in transfer request, nobody is bigger than the club and that's something Rooney needs to grasp.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MidfieldCarousel Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:12 am

I think the plan is to hold onto him for 6-12 months and see how he does.

If he does well, we'll offer him a new contract (which I think he genuinely wants).

If he does badly, we'll ship him out and look to bring in Lewandowski at the end of his contract.

MidfieldCarousel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down