What we need to move forward

+2
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
6 posters

Go down

What we need to move forward Empty What we need to move forward

Post by jibers Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 am

So after watching that Final, it is clear that English football is behind the continent. Bayern and Dortmund utilising modern principles to their fullest effect. As the ring bearers of English football, we need to make changes. It is clear we are behind Bayern and Dortmund.

Moyes is known as a striker killer and I fear for our front lines productivity to be honest. Young is not good enough, neither is Valencia. I reckon we should use Nani and Zaha on either flanks making sure they track their full backs.

In terms of actual coaching, we need better coaching. Carlos Quieroz was the last great coach we had, those who follow United closely know that Sir Alex hasn't coached for like 13 years. Mike Phelan was the coach and I'm glad he is gone. Moyes likes to get involved but I fear he is too negative. We need a Javi Martinez type of CM, a ball winner and possibly another controller as Carrick isgetting on a bit. Baines coming in @ LB, our backline is sorted and a change in tactical approach.

Hope we sell Rooney, Use Kagawa as an AM/SS so he can play off RVP.

....................De Gea.................
Rafael......Jones.....Vidic.........Baines....
................Carrick?......BW.........
........Nani.........Kagawa..........Zaha...
......................RVP......................

Our transitioning needs to improve. We need to move the ball a lot quicker
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

What we need to move forward Empty Re: What we need to move forward

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 27, 2013 11:16 am

Don't think I've ever posted here but to be honnest United aren't the problem. Had Nani not gotten a red card then United could have got into the latter stages of the CL.

The problem lies with City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

City are European flops, it might change next season but talking about currently they've been shit.

Even 2 seasons ago everybody was like "Oooooh, group of death. They got 10 points and were unlucky."

The Group stages were extremely kind to city because they got 3 points from a Bayern team who had already won the group and fielded something like 10 bench players. Had it been a slightly different draw I have no doubt Napoli would have been 3 points better off and City would have had 7 points.

Chelsea won it, and then got shat on in the group stages. Really let the BPl down, defending champions and all.

Arsenal... we all know the details there.

So United with a couple of signings will be where they need to be. Can't say the same about the other 3 clubs. That's where the noticeable difference is.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 am

I think you need somebody to partner Carrick and you are set

there are guys like Cesc, Modric and Fellaini being thrown around and honestly whoever you get between will be a great addition
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I think you need somebody to partner Carrick and you are set

there are guys like Cesc, Modric and Fellaini being thrown around and honestly whoever you get between will be a great addition

We need a ball winner not cesc of flopdric
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

don't know about Cesc but Modric does win alot of balls just not in the air. I don't know how good Carrick would be as a dm but honestly if I had to chose I would choose any of the three over him if it came down to choosing

you can always get Fellaini plus Modric/Cesc to partner eachother Proud use Moyes' ties to get Fellaini and one of the other two one who is not favoured at his club while the other would compliment Fellaini the most
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 pm

personally i want us to go after Gundogan. Was already a fan of his coming into the season, but after seeing him more and more especially in the champions league, he is like a german iniesta.

if Dortmund would be willing to sell him is the question, they do have a heck of a player in the wings waiting named Leitner who has future GOAT written all over him, so maybe they would be willing to part.

if not i will take any of the rumoured players in Cesc/Modric/Thiago....don't want Fellaini, just not a fan of his honestly....his personality and temperament more then his ability
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 am

It is clear that we do need a defensive/ ball winning midfielder. My favourite choice would be Fellaini. Two simple reasons: first, skill and physique; with his he has demonstrated that he can boss a midfield (what he did to Carrick, one of our better and most consistent players, in the inaugural stage of the past season springs to mind) and that he can be a valuable asset in both attacking and defending set pieces. The second advantage would be Moyes' pre-existing relationship and experience with both his former club and player and these could greatly facilitate his transfer and settling in at United. As for Fellaini himself, he just needs to tone down the temperament a bit, because United have been hurt before by players' rash decisions during games.
Now, as for Gundogan, Modric, Fabregas and Thiago, I would welcome any one of them at the club (especially Fabregas or Gundogan), but our midfield needs a lot of streamlining: Anderson out, figure out where to play Cleverley and Kagawa and, in the eventuality of Rooney staying, for the love of god play him as a striker.
The priorities should be the defensive-minded midfielder and a competent left back, as Evra is aging, not well-covered and Buttner and Fabio still haven't confirmed as much as I wanted. Only after sorting out the midfield with the players that we already have we should think of an additional creative midfielder.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Bradley would be a perfect ball winer. Completely forgot about him. Bradley and Strootman are plausible targets.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Fellaini isn't a ball winner and he can't boss a midfield as he can't pass or tackle.

He's glorified target man battering ram who dominates aerially and holding the ball up.

He's fine as an SS as shown but as a CM/DM he's average.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down