Le Samourai
McAgger
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
76 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager Empty Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the season after 26 years in charge.

The Scot, 71, has won 38 trophies during his reign at Old Trafford and will now become a director and ambassador for the club. His haul includes 13 league titles, two Champions League crowns, five FA Cups and four League Cups.
"The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about. It is the right time," Ferguson said.

Everton's David Moyes is the bookmakers' favourite to take over, with Jose Mourinho, currently at Real Madrid, also tipped.
BBC sports editor David Bond says United are confident of announcing a successor to Ferguson before the weekend. He believes they are looking for someone who understands the club's history and is committed to youth development while employing an attractive, attacking style of football.

Ferguson, who will undergo hip surgery in the summer, is confident his successor will take over a club in good health after winning their 20th top-flight title 17 days ago. "It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so," he said. "The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one."

Ferguson praised the people he felt helped him build the club from a team that had not won a title for 26 years into one of the biggest in the world.
"I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential," he added. "My wife, Cathy, has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.

"As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich.

"In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team. "Over the past decade, the Glazer family have provided me with the platform to manage Manchester United to the best of my ability and I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with a talented and trustworthy chief executive in David Gill.

I am truly grateful to all of them. "To the fans, thank you. The support you have provided over the years has been truly humbling. It has been an honour and an enormous privilege to have had the opportunity to lead your club and I have treasured my time as manager of Manchester United."

BBC

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud banana banana banana banana banana banana banana drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager Empty Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager

Post by RealGunner Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Moyes is apparently who United want to replace Fergie with

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager Empty Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

mourinho joining Man Utd would be a dream come true for me
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10042798/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-considering-retiring-as-Manchester-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 07, 2013 10:10 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

MY GAWD OH YEAS YES YES YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

drinking banana drinking banana
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:mourinho joining Man Utd would be a dream come true for me

Please God :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

If this will happen, I will throw a party in my house.

And all of you are invited.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Mourinho to manyoo plz. Would luurve to see the reaction of Mr. Jibercus
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Time for the jinx to work its magic, come ooon Laughing
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Arquitecto wrote:If this will happen, I will throw a party in my house.

And all of you are invited.
drinking drinking
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Pls no. FmL if Mou joins us I will leave GL. The trolling will be too much for even me...ffs SAF u glorious piece if chit, don't **** us over before you leave...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Can some1 pick me up so we can go to Arq's house?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Mourinho will never be Utd manager. Moyes would be welcome.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm

"There's been very strong talk that Ferguson would have gone last May but for Aguero's winner."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Man Utd might want a long term manager and Mourinho isn't one. I'm not sure why they want Moyes. He's been at Everton for a long time, however he hasn't really progressed much. If he got them into the CL a few more times, then yeh... But he's just kept them at a similar level. Man Utd would be settling for Moyes because he's like the only long term EPL manager they can get.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:mourinho joining Man Utd would be a dream come true for me

This is what i think, wondering if the news is coming out now to stop him going to Chelsea and be Fergie's successor instead.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Can some1 pick me up so we can go to Arq's house?

Father can you up.

You'll have to get in the back though, as his van looks like along these lines

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as the Manchester United manager Free-candy
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Mourinho at UNited is sending shivers down my spine....

fml
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Man U-rinho!!!!!

Come on Jibes, sing along with the rest: Jose! Jose! Jose! Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 pm

jibercus wrote:Mourinho at UNited is sending shivers down my spine....

fml
hey cheer up, theres always Rafa Benitez available eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Rafa Benitez as Fergie's successor rofl

Oh my lulz if that happens Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

By God, this is more exciting than any number of classicos eco smile . Just imagine Mou's press - conferences.... banana drinking banana
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:Moyes is apparently who United want to replace Fergie with

Please RG. Do not scare me with that talk.

Feck!!!!! If this happens. I don't know what to think right now...

SAF did say health is the one thing that will determine whether he carries on or not. Now he is having that hip surgery....

fck.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

If Mourinho comes to Man United, we will win EPL, FA Cup and UCL for sure.

Real Madrid seems to be the only club where he failed ( if we compare the RMA era to his performances at other teams) ... and I am pretty sure it is not Mourinho's fault.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Rafa Benitez as Fergie's successor rofl

Oh my lulz if that happens Laughing

genuinely more chance of me walking to my room tonight and find Rachel McAdams naked, and oily waiting for me, than that happening Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next