Ronaldinho vs Messi

5 posters

Go down

Ronaldinho vs Messi Empty Ronaldinho vs Messi

Post by AC Milan King Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:23 am

Who do you think had more talent? Obviously Messi has longevity on his side, and we don't need to point out that he is a freak goal scorer and one of the best players in history, but in the true context of the game this is what I am asking:

At their absolute peak, at their most potent levels of game play, do you think Ronaldinho or Messi was better?

I think Ronaldinho was. He revolutionised the game. His skill, dribbling and tricks were unparalleled. I strongly believe that one cannot argue against the fact that he was far more entertaining to watch than Messi, and Ronaldo for that matter.

I think it's good that this generation has been marked by the Messi-Ronaldo rivalry, but I think the obvious content missing from these two is the breathtaking factor. We watch Ronaldo and Messi and they're supreme goal scorers, probably the best in history, but I feel like I am watching two very great, efficient, effective match winners, as opposed to two people who entertain the hell out of me.

Same goes for Zidane. And Brazilian Ronaldo. I think Ronaldinho was the most entertaining player in history, and I don't get overly entertained by Messi and Ronaldo- I appreciate they are great, but there's a clear generational gap in entertainment value.

Di Stefano/Puskas-Pele-Maradona-Van Basten-Ronaldo/Zidane-Ronaldinho. For me, it stops there.

I'm hoping for an engaging discussion, so please don't take offence- I'm not derailing Ronaldo and Messi, no way.

AC Milan King
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Ronaldinho vs Messi Empty Re: Ronaldinho vs Messi

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t24594-ronaldinho-vs-messi?highlight=ronaldinho

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27913-has-the-messi-brand-exceeded-the-ronaldinho-brand-in-your-country?highlight=ronaldinho

http://www.goallegacy.net/t25922-belletti-ronaldinho-was-better-than-messi?highlight=ronaldinho

http://www.goallegacy.net/t29469-ronaldinho-is-the-most-enjoyable-player-to-watch-of-all-times?highlight=ronaldinho

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AC Milan King Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:37 am

Oh wow, I didn't realise it was such a hot topic. At least I didn't post Ronaldo VS Messi.

AC Milan King
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 am

First of all man if you want to compare players make sure you post it up on the right back section
Second of all, we already have too many threads about this topic...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 am

First player to win 4 Ballon D´or - says a player with 1 Ballon is better :bow:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am

Tricks never worked more than 2 years. Tricky players become predictable in 1-2 seasons. What Messi does works for long period. Did you see how CR gave up all tricks because he understood that tricks are waste of time and less effective

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 am

I'm willing to say that Ronaldinho is the better entertainer, however Messi is much more talented and 'better'. Better vision, better transition, better positioning. Also, his dribbling/movement with the ball is much more effective. I see no contest in this.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:08 am

i agree Ronaldinho was more entertaining.as many players was in the past. Today its different.maybe because messi is benchmark today and example for others. Not just on the pitch off the pitch too. Messi is a very great example as you can see nobody is going to night clubs as they did in the past. And many more things changed

On abilty i think Messi's ball control while changing directions at full speed will not be repeated. It has no explanation he was born with this. This ability is underestimated but this gives him huge advantage over defenders. Others can do it in straight line but messi can run around an oval circle at full speed

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum