Firenze
Mr Nick09
Eivindo
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PSG agree Cavani deal  - Page 3 Empty Re: PSG agree Cavani deal

Post by Forza Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:32

15-20 mil for Menez rofl funniest thing I've heard all day, and it's been a pretty funny day

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:32

Forza wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:
Forza wrote:A transfer rumour hasn't disappointed me this much since T.Silva to PSG.

Flamini's renewal. PSG agree Cavani deal  - Page 3 Le_210
Didn't that happen slightly before T.Silva? ...or has he been given another year and I just don't know about it?! Shocked
dostoevsky wrote:You said "transfer rumour," so I was counting the current speculation :coffee:
Forza wrote:Never mind the technicalities, the important thing is that Flamini's contract has not been renewed since.

PSG agree Cavani deal  - Page 3 234

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:34

sportsczy wrote:PSG tried vey hard to get Higuain but he's too indecisive. Same with Benzema. With the market for top scorers being so tight, i think they just want to make sure they get one quickly. I kind of agree with that.

There are french options for all the other positions of need and french players can be bought very cheaply. This purchase will also be offset by the 15 mil they'll get for Gameiro and the 15-20 mil for Menez. The total wages for the club is 87 mil and, after unloading those 2 and getting Cavani, it jumps up to 90 mil. Still very low. You also have deadweight like Tiene and Camara coming off the books. They make keep Armand.

The club is really managed well. Their total wages are lower than Milan and Juve... have of the elite in EPL and Spain... at least 70% lower than Bayern.

Fair enough then, I can understand Higuain being reluctant to leave Madrid, he has spent such a long time in the city, though I do think that it would be a fantastic project for him to join.

If the deal is to be done, it's very positive for all sides that PSG are aiming to move very early in the window to ensure that they reach their objectives. Allows Napoli ample time to actually spend their cash wisely should the deal go through and Cavani can actually spend his pre-season with the team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:35

rofl Ninja

After this weekend when I have more time, we're settling this once and for all.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 12:23

EPL teams have offered 20 mil for Menez over the winter and PSG refused... one of them being Man U who were looking to offload Nani and aren't impressed with Young. He's only 25. 15-20 mil is very fair given he was PSG's second best attacking player in the first half of the season. Only reason he's playing little is that PSG paid 40+ mil for Lucas and they can't leave that kind of money on the bench.

Lille and Lyon want Menez too. Every number out there for him has been 15 mil or more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 12:29

15 million sounds very fair for Menez imo
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 12:32

Zealous wrote:15 million sounds very fair for Menez imo

Not even in a parallel universe mate. Rubbish one dimensional player, with terrible work ethic hmmm sounds so enticing lol
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 12:42

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Zealous wrote:15 million sounds very fair for Menez imo

Not even in a parallel universe mate. Rubbish one dimensional player, with terrible work ethic hmmm sounds so enticing lol

From what I've seen of him at PSG he has been good imo. Can't really speak about his Roma days since I didn't follow them when he was there but based on what I see now 15 seems OK.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 13:05

LOL at 15 millions for Menez. PSG paid half of that to sign him and he has been a failure.

Now he is relegated to the bench and is being a problem maker. I wouldn't him for 5 millions really. He is such a Ben Arfa like player, with less talent.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 13:58

He's on the bench because Lucas cost over 40 million... nothing else. Same reason Grenier gets benched and was practically sold over the winter when Gourcuff briefly came back before getting injured again. It has nothing to do with quality. It has everything to do with economics.

Again, he was the second best attacking player for PSG in the first half of the season. Easily better than both Pastore and Lavezzi. But again, Pastore cost 40 mil and Lavezzi 25 mil.

I'm not a big Menez fan. But you cannot deny his talent.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 13:59

The Cavani-Lavezzi partnership reunited. I see this as a sign though that Ibra is leaving.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 14:10

Raiola said yday that, as long as Carlo stays, Ibra is not leaving. So it's pretty clear what it's come down to.

Cavani was a Carlo requested player.

On a side note, RMC is reporting that PSG is also negotiating with the agent of Falcao and are ready to pull his release clause too. Also mentions that Mourinho is aggressively recruiting Falcao for Chelsea. Bottom of this link http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/372646/paris-et-cavani-posent-les-bases-d-un-accord/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:33

Ibra learned french yet?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:35

sportsczy wrote:PSG tried vey hard to get Higuain but he's too indecisive. Same with Benzema. With the market for top scorers being so tight, i think they just want to make sure they get one quickly. I kind of agree with that.

There are french options for all the other positions of need and french players can be bought very cheaply. This purchase will also be offset by the 15 mil they'll get for Gameiro and the 15-20 mil for Menez. The total wages for the club is 87 mil and, after unloading those 2 and getting Cavani, it jumps up to 90 mil. Still very low. You also have deadweight like Tiene and Camara coming off the books. They make keep Armand.

The club is really managed well. Their total wages are lower than Milan and Juve... have of the elite in EPL and Spain... at least 70% lower than Bayern.

woot
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:51

Mr Nick09 wrote:so we shall hate on PSG because they are rich? Laughing

Hate them? No absolutelty not. But the amount of respect people want to give them is ridiculous. People are acting like they're an extremely well run club who are getting results through class management, whilst overlooking the fact they can buy whoever they want and spend more in one window than some big clubs spend in 10.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:59

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:so we shall hate on PSG because they are rich? Laughing

Hate them? No absolutelty not. But the amount of respect people want to give them is ridiculous. People are acting like they're an extremely well run club who are getting results through class management, whilst overlooking the fact they can buy whoever they want and spend more in one window than some big clubs spend in 10.

They are well run though lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:24

But people all over the place are putting their success down to good management and overlooking the monumental fact that they have the funds to buy whoever they want bar maybe a handful of players. Of course you can compete with the best teams in the World if you buy the best players in the World. It's not that special.

Carlo is a great manager, but give any half-decent manager an infinite supply of money and he's going to be able to beat well-run teams on 1/5th of the budget.

Look at Mancini ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:26

I don't think being rich should be seen as something negative. It's just as fair as having a low budget and doing well. They're just 2 different strategies.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:29

Serie A wage bill BEFORE Milan bought Balo, etc (as of Sept 2012):

Milan €120 mil
Juve €115
Inter €100
Roma €95

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/24903/serie-wage-bills-revealed

For PSG (updated and adjusted for winter mercato that included Lucas Moura):

PSG €87.9 mil

Source: http://www.sportune.fr/article/psg-salaires-des-joueurs-saison-2012-2013-72314/2
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:31

Yes I know they have a decent wage bill and no i'm not saying being rich is a negative thing ffs

But people are giving them too much credit, they've went from being well behind the likes of Lyon, Marsielle etc to having some sort of amazing fantasy football mix of serie A stars in 2 years and people are acting as though their success is down mostly to good management rather than the fact they can afford to make a dream team.

I'm not hating on money, but i'm annoyed at how much respect people are giving them as though they're innovating football and doing wonders with that they have at their disposal.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:33

Now lets compare that to BPL teams as of February 2012:

Chelsea - £191m
Manchester City - £174m
Manchester United - £153m
Liverpool - £135m
Arsenal - £124m

That's in pounds too. In Euros, that's 15-20% more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:36

sportsczy wrote:Serie A wage bill BEFORE Milan bought Balo, etc (as of Sept 2012):

Milan €120 mil
Juve €115
Inter €100
Roma €95

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/24903/serie-wage-bills-revealed

For PSG (updated and adjusted for winter mercato that included Lucas Moura):

PSG €87.9 mil

Source: http://www.sportune.fr/article/psg-salaires-des-joueurs-saison-2012-2013-72314/2

Very well run club :bow:

Tom have more kebabs ffs
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:44

Laughing

If people admitt that the main factor in PsG having a good season is down to the fact they're getting bankrolled and given an all star team of top class footballers and not 'being well run' then i'll have my kebabs.

I'm not saying the club's a shambles and that is clueless, but the main factor in PsG's success is the amazing money that's allowing them to buy almost whoever they want.

Okay, give some scrub manager Thiago silva, Ibra, Cavani, Lavezzi, Pastore, Menez, Verratti etc etc and the money to add to that team and compare his season to a top manager who has a team of scrubs.

I guarantee you as soon as the shit manager's sugar daddy team get used to each other they'll achieve more than the Top class manager and his team of scrubs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:48

Madrid before Mou and Mancini at City are perfect examples of how spending money and buying great players does not equate to immediate success. Even Bayern have had bad cycles (they have a wage bill of €165 mil btw). You have to convince top players to join because these guys have options + you have to get the right manager + you need the right club infrastructure.

It's not as easy as FM2013 makes you think it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:50

Yeah it's not a guarantee to immediate success. But you're forgetting that PsG have not had some sort of amazing success either.

Didn't win Ligue 1 after spending hundreds of Millions, knocked out of the French cup by Evian and they done well in the CL. But it wasn't really amazing.

Yes they've had a good season, but it hasn't been great and for the sheer spending power they have I just don't see what they've done that demands so much admiration.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:55

Winning Ligue 1 and getting to CL quarters is a very good season. City owners would give their first born children if they could get good CL results. It's a good season however you look at it.

Players don't really get excited about cup play... especially the big stars. It's always a problem. That's why you have a lot of random winners in France and other countries ever year. I mean Man U hasn't won a FA cup since 2003-2004. In Spain, Madrid's CDR win last year was its first one since 1993. Most clubs that win league titles just tank the cup usually... you have the guys who are behind for the league title that concentrate on the cup as a consolation prize.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: