Muzza
VivaStPauli
Great Leader Sprucenuce
tonger
Lex
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What Did I Just Watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Did I Just Watch?

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 am

Bénin wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:Arsenal scored 11 vs Spur's defence :coffee:

Over 3 games...the only one of which that's relevant at this time is the last game, where you scored one.

Why do you have Arsenal's badge ? Laughing

Oh this will not end well for someone...

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:43 am

CBarca wrote:Inter can't score 3 vs ANY defense.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 am

I'd say that if they didn't score 3 vs Catania just the other day Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:47 am

AVB can make Spurs win this whole thing.I think they are going to clinch a CL place anyway and it generally disappoints me to read that some people rather prefer a CL spot than an EL trophy, in this case Spurs.

You know people love the bragging and gloating and all and guess what if Spurs win an EL ,they will have more European trophies than Arsenal and Chelsea combined.Isnt that something 'worth' bragging about ? EL or CL,a trophy is a trophy as far as i'm concerned and this is a European one so it will be highly valued either ways .

I hope Newcastle go in with the same attitude rather than aiming to finish higher up in the table as priority.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:55 am

:coffee: they had to sell players duo to FFP and their own finance problems , also they had many injuries and last but not the least bad transfer like pereira made the team like what you saw
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:15 am

Surag wrote:AVB can make Spurs win this whole thing.I think they are going to clinch a CL place anyway and it generally disappoints me to read that some people rather prefer a CL spot than an EL trophy, in this case Spurs.

You know people love the bragging and gloating and all and guess what if Spurs win an EL ,they will have more European trophies than Arsenal and Chelsea combined.Isnt that something 'worth' bragging about ? EL or CL,a trophy is a trophy as far as i'm concerned and this is a European one so it will be highly valued either ways .

I hope Newcastle go in with the same attitude rather than aiming to finish higher up in the table as priority.

The money and revenue as well as the prestige the CL brings will help Spurs keep players like Bale, Vertonghen and Lloris, and attract players like Damiao and (too late now) Willian- and other similar caliber players. Hell, Moutinho as well- although I don't think he's particularly needed anymore. What if Spurs had CL last season? Oscar might have joined Spurs instead of Chelsea.

This plus the money benefits it would provide are crucial to Spurs getting these players. Spurs have a great squad and a great manager and can achieve great things, but without that monetary boost, it might be hard to convince Levy to bring out the chequebook and pay up for players that will raise this Spurs team from a top 4 team to potentially a title challenging team.

Yes, I think Spurs have that potential with a couple key signings, and holding onto players like Bale.

The EL is an amazing trophy and it would be awesome if Spurs won it- but CL qualification is far more important in the long term. It is also crucial for Spurs to compete in the CL year after year to continue getting that money bonus and the prestige and ability to attract players that comes along with it, because that will help Spurs stave off the pressure from Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool, who are all vying for the same spots.

If Spurs can keep their CL spot for a while, get more money from the new TV deal, sign some top players, and stay in the top 4 while a new stadium is built...

The future is bright, and in the short term- the EL is glorious. In the long term, the CL is far more important.

But with AVB in charge, I think both are possible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 am

Epoto wrote: :coffee: they had to sell players duo to FFP and their own finance problems , also they had many injuries and last but not the least bad transfer like pereira made the team like what you saw

They could have easily had a far better team by now plus they might have even passed FFP had they not given long term contracts to their older players after they won the treble.Plus they sold a younger player like Balo instead of selling Sneijder and Maicon for instance who had big bids received from teams interested in him but they chose not to do so and gave higher salaries to them and are now suffering as a consequence of that.

Inter team right now is made up of a bunch of mediocre/past it Argentine/South American players with no proper direction whatsoever.Well this is nothing new here though as they're the worst management in the world when it comes to footballing decisions.

Besides nature is taking it course. :coffee: (If you know what i mean).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 am

@CSpurs ,I am talking about this current season anyway.There is a very good chance you can win this whole thing.This is the business end of the competition now and i would like it if you go for it rather than resting your key players for the 'important' league clashes.

Plus matches which involve the big sides with full-strength lineups would attract the neutrals into watching it anyway even though this is pretty redundant for you as a Spurs fan.

Last edited by Surag on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 am

I've read in articles that AVB has specifically trained his Spurs players to be able to handle the rigors of three games in a week- apparently he did the same thing in Porto.

I trust in the ability of AVB to put out strong squads in both competitions and still challenge to the best of Spurs abilities on both fronts.

If there is a conflict though...the league takes priority.

CSpurs Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 am

Muzza wrote:this is like 3 years late. The CL winning inter got smashed by spurs 4 months after winning it as well.

The Inter team was injury hit in 2010 that played SPurs,but wow,Spurs demolished them

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:40 am

Does anybody know why Spurs played Albinoleffe in the Europa League last night?? UEFA haven't given a clear answer.

Spurs and Lazio look strong contenders.Both undefeated,you can argue that their hardest games have been against each other,they drew with each other twice in the group stages 0-0.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:43 am

Zealous wrote:Plot twist Inter win 4-0 at the San Siro because Bale is suspended hmm

When pigs fly

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 am

RealGunner wrote:They are building in a way

but selling coutinho, longo, livaja :facepalm:
Yea, they are building, but in a wrong way. Everyone expected Strama to promote and play their promising youngsters, but instead they are actually selling even those who are already first team quality. Sad.

Milan31 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Inter can't score 3 vs ANY defense.
They did against Catania Very Happy

Last edited by dronte on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:53 am

what happened to the talented Inter midfielder Joell Obi?

where is he?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:10 am

aleumdance wrote:what happened to the talented Inter midfielder Joell Obi?

where is he?

He's been out injured ever since the start of the season. Inter could definitely use his talents.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am

Cassano leading the attack, such a great role model :facepalm:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am

Rebuilding Laughing We have been going backwards since the treble,and every single fan of Inter could see it except for our management.

It doesn't even matter we sold the stars,cause we had the material to replace them already sitting on our bench.If we used those players from the start and played them every game they would have developed by now and we wouldn't be in this situation.Since we already had a couple of bad seasons,all that time could have been used on development and now we would be so much better off financially and squad quality wise.I don't think performance would have been hindered much,since it was shite. It would have been a smart sacrifice(?) to make.

Instead we have been buying average players and leaving the talent on the bench rotting. Coutinho was benched for half a season so Kharja could play AM.Then he was benched for Forlan,and this year I don't even know.

Other part huge part are the tactical fallacies of pretty much every manager after Mou.Benitez was such a tactical fail,afraid of Mou's shadow.A team doesn't just go from the best team in the world to bottom table material in 3 months.He also changed the fitness training regime which cause lots of injuries.

Leo just started playing defensive football and set a record for first 13 games on a bench for a manager in points.Then he got cocky and tried attacking which resulted in us getting smashed by Schalke and couple other games.He did not have the tactical sufficiency of Mou either,we just relied on our defense and Eto'o producing wonders.

G45p3r1n1 Laughing He was just from another planet...Ranieri came and steadied the ship with defensive football,won 10(?) games in a row.How?Just installed defensive tactics.Then he made the same mistake as Leo,started making his stamp on the team and sacrificed all our qualities for the sake of his 4-4-2.

Fact is,all the managers felt the pressure for immediate result and didn't have the balls to go through the transitional period of installing youth to the team.So we end up fielding mediocre player week after week,and when that doesn't work in sub in our youth with 10 minutes left and expect them to produce wonders after weeks of bench sitting.And hen they fail they are deemed as not talented enough and sold.

Sad story but true.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

Where are the NextGen Kids?

They beat Ajax who thumped everyone else.

There has been no visible strategy in place to implement these kids into the first team squad.Instead they get loaned out or stay in the same place whilst Inter sign Rocchi and almost signed Carew.If Inter are not careful,they will fall into the Real Madrid bracket of having let players like Juan Mata, Borja Valero, Luis Garcia, Alvaro Negredo, Roberto Soldado, Dani Parejo, Jose Callejón, Juanfran , Miguel Torres , Javi Garcia ,Esteban Granero and not forgettin g 2 Inter stars who once played in the Real B and C teams,Samuel Eto'o and Esteban Cambiasso,all walk out the door for peanuts.Imagine the cost in trying to sign these players now.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm

league 3 in Bangladesh is quality tbf
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Surag wrote:

Well you are in luck, its the priority for us now we are massive outsiders mind.

If we get through to the last 8 we will probably be the worst team there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Stormer77 wrote:Where are the NextGen Kids?

They beat Ajax who thumped everyone else.

There has been no visible strategy in place to implement these kids into the first team squad.Instead they get loaned out or stay in the same place whilst Inter sign Rocchi and almost signed Carew.If Inter are not careful,they will fall into the Real Madrid bracket of having let players like Juan Mata, Borja Valero, Luis Garcia, Alvaro Negredo, Roberto Soldado, Dani Parejo, Jose Callejón, Juanfran , Miguel Torres , Javi Garcia ,Esteban Granero and not forgettin g 2 Inter stars who once played in the Real B and C teams,Samuel Eto'o and Esteban Cambiasso,all walk out the door for peanuts.Imagine the cost in trying to sign these players now.

7 of the most Important players from the Primavera double were all sent on loans to other clubs

MBaye and Benassi are the only key pieces still with Inter ATM...

Also Vibe :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

couldn't have said it any better Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Vibe wrote:Other part huge part are the tactical fallacies of pretty much every manager after Mou.Benitez was such a tactical fail,afraid of Mou's shadow.A team doesn't just go from the best team in the world to bottom table material in 3 months.He also changed the fitness training regime which cause lots of injuries.

Rafa won two trophies in 6 months. Mourinho left the club in a turmoil, and this has been the case with every club he has managed (Real Madrid by the midway of the season, though recent results have been encouraging). Mourinho thinks short-term and wants to win every trophy by hook or by crook. That's not the case with Rafa - he requires time to imprint his tactics on the team, that's why he hasn't worked even at Chelsea and given the management at Inter, that was never gonna happen. Blame the management, not the manager.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I was always on team Rafa when he was at Inter...Think he was probably our best manager overall post Mou, and he was lied to by management about the kind of support he'd get

He had Coutinho and Obi very involved in the squad, and we played some of the better passing football we had in years with the Coutinho-Eto'o-Sneijder triangle on the left of 4231...dat one-touch play in the final third Proud :fap:

But its generally accepted that his switch to a training regime heavily based on weight training was likely to blame for the plethora of injuries that marred his first couple months (which hurt him tremendously)

Also everyone forgets: Bale did nothing in the first half of the game at the San Siro; We had Biabiany doing a solid job of alternating between doubling back on Bale and also trying to pin him back when he had the chance

Bale scored what should have been nothing more than a consolation goal early in the 2nd when it was 4-1, but it wasn't until Rafa took Biabiany off midway through the 2nd in favor of a f*cking Cordoba (Thus removing Maicon's flank cover and leaving him expose) that Bale roasted us...That was pretty much the turning point in Rafa's downfall, and hes only got himself to blame there tbh

Also for the record: Our goals in that 1st Spurs game were f*cking beautiful...Can't remember the last time we had a game like that (Probably not since Leo, Bayern maybe?) - And Rafa deserves credit for that just as much as he deserves blame for some of the other shit

Compare our performance in Inter 4-3 Spurs to Inter 0-3 Spurs and it is basically two different universe's
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Swans, can you promise me that Inter won't be so dire in Italy? I don't think I can survive the media whirlwind if Inter get battered at the San Siro
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Lex wrote:Swans, can you promise me that Inter won't be so dire in Italy? I don't think I can survive the media whirlwind if Inter get battered at the San Siro

rofl Hell no did you watch the game yesterday? I'd have to be a fool to bet on that

Our squad is capable of nicking a win against Spurs through clinical finishing and solid defending (We proved that vs Juve) in a one-off

But that performance was one of the worst I've seen from us in ages...Not just the fact that we suck as a football team and cant string together 5 passes (Handanovic for Ballon D'or for saving us from double-manita btw) - but the fact that our players truly look like they cba to try and put up a fight (Exception Zanetti, ofc)

Think it will probably be a very comfortable game for Spurs...Don't think we'll get smashed, but we'll never threaten to put the tie in jeopardy

2-0, 2-1, 1-1...Something like that for Spurs I think, barring some massive change in team form
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

What happened to McDonald Mariga ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next