CBarca
Donuts
BarcaKizz
61 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 40 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Alex my point was not that Tello was better but that we already have a similar player to Valencia who fulfills the same role. I think you may be right that Valencia is a better player than Tello, but it's also worth noting that Tello is younger and has gotten better every season since we have had him, and does offer some things Valencia can't. On the whole, at the moment, Valencia is the better player, I just don't know if going for him would be the right option since we have Tello who is a very similar player. Unless he comes cheap that is. That has also increasingly become Pedro's role in recent times since he has not made as many runs in behind, he often has sometimes tried to beat the fullback on the right and cross it in on the ground.

Also it's worth noting that while Valencia does cross a fair amount in the air, my experience watching him is mostly that he likes to cross the ball across the box on the ground or cut it back on the ground. This would happen even moreso in Barca due to our lack of height.

Alex I don't rule out Valencia altogether, I'm just not sure what price he would come at, and unless it was fairly cheap, I don't see much use in buying Valencia. I also feel he is more at home in the EPL than in La Liga, but as Navas has shown us, there is definitely room for players like him in La Liga too.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm

I find the statement "loaning has never worked for us so we should not do it" very wrong. There is no problem loaning out players, a lot of teams loan in/out with good returns and results. If your club flops at doing it, don't blame it on the act of loaning, blame it on the way your club handles it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

free_cat wrote:Roura said in a press conference that they (Tito and him) didn't know about that clause in Thiago's contract. So no, they weren't told.

When the papers mentioned that clause, there was no way Thiago could reach the necessary games.

Who would head VAlencia crosses? Messi, Neymar and Iniesta...? Unless we don't sign a header, Valencia is useless to us.

How did the press know before them?? sounds like 'saving skin' to me
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:No... that's not what he said.  He said that "Unlike Milan last year, PSG do now want to sell me."  Not only can Barca not afford his wages, PSG have also slapped a 50mil pricetag on him, all paid at once, that they will not go off of.  That's what it cost them, with bonuses, to buy him (43+7).  So it's clear and Silva agrees with the stance.

I just can't see how Barca could get Silva given the monies spent of Neymar so far this summer.

Silva knows that... so he's being careful to not offend either side in case Barca suddenly decide to bankrupt themselves for him.

So what you are saying is that the article I read tried to exaggerate his words. Maybe. Anyway even your comments indicate that he does have a desire to join Barcelona. As it stands the transfer is very unlikely but its still not impossible I suppose.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:35 pm

On the point alex made I think it will be terrible if Neymar was to defer to Messi all the time. By now pretty much everyone has realized that he is an outstanding "talent". How far he can actually go of course remains to be seen. Yet we MUST NOT limit his abilities. He needs to a strike a balance between taking shots and passing but like any quality forward he should shoot when there is a good chance of the ball going in and pass only when there is very little chance.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by laxman363 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm

^^ Yeah those words from thiago silva show that he wants to leave but the main obstacle is PSG. Rumour now is that we are going all out for David luiz. Reports suggest mourinhio deems him useless or surplus requirement and Bayern or Barca may buy him. We can lure him into spain with money and all but I wonder if mourinhio becomes an obstacle.
laxman363
laxman363
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Chelsea pricetag was €25 mil before confed cup... not sure what it is now for Luiz.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Stoke City sign Marc Muniesa on free transfer

Stoke City have completed the signing of Marc Muniesa on a free transfer from Barcelona on a four-year contract.

The centre-back was part of the Spain squad that won the summer's European Under-21 Championship in Israel and becomes Mark Hughes's second signing since taking over from Tony Pulis, following the arrival of Erik Pieters from PSV.

The 21-year-old is delighted to have joined the Premier League outfit, telling his new club's official website: "I'm very excited about moving to England to play for Stoke City and will do everything I can to help the club.

"It wasn't a big decision for me to make. I came to England [on Monday] to meet the people at the club and look around the training ground, which is very impressive.

"My season only finished a fortnight ago when the European Championship ended but I can't wait to get started for Stoke. I would start tomorrow if the club asked me to."

Hughes is confident that Muniesa will be a success in English football, stating: "Marc has been well schooled by Barca. Technically, he's a very good player and I've no doubts he will be an excellent addition to our squad.

"I know he's very highly regarded in Spain and was attracting interest from clubs in la Liga but he's an ambitious young man and wants to test himself in English football."

The Potters' chief executive, Tony Scholes, highlighted the key role that Hughes played in the deal.

"Marc has an excellent pedigree, as you would expect from someone who has come through the ranks at a club like Barcelona, and we're delighted to have secured his signature," he added.

"We were alerted to his availability and moved quickly to make him a Stoke City player. The whole process was greatly helped by Mark Hughes's links with Barcelona and it's clear to see he's very excited by the challenge of making an impact in the Premier League with us."

Muniesa, a product of La Masia, made just two appearances for Barcelona's senior side during his time in Catalunya.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Dani Alves: I am trying to convince Silva to join Barcelona

Dani Alves has revealed he is trying to convince Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva to join him at Barcelona this summer.

The former Milan centre-half recently admitted to discussing a potential move to the Liga giants with the Blaugrana coach Tito Vilanova following les Parisiens' defeat in the Champions League last season.

And Alves, who repeatedly championed the idea of signing Neymar, has seemingly set his sights on aiding the recruitment of another Selecao.

The attacking fll-back told Radio Montecarlo: "Silva would be coming to the best club in the world if he were to join.

"I have described the club to him and told him all the advantages he would find at Barca.

"We need to strengthen the squad considering all the competitions we have to play in."

Despite the reported interest, though, Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi recently warned off potential suitors by stating he intends to keep the Brazil international at Parc de Princes for the duration of his contract - which expires in 2017.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:17 pm

danyjr wrote:I find the statement "loaning has never worked for us so we should not do it" very wrong. There is no problem loaning out players, a lot of teams loan in/out with good returns and results. If your club flops at doing it, don't blame it on the act of loaning, blame it on the way your club handles it.
While the future may not resemble the past, it does provide a good idea of what to expect. At FC Barcelona, if a player is loaned it means the technical team has stopped believing in him. Otherwise they would rather keep him, promote him to the first team where he will train every day with the stars and get him used to the system regardless of minutes. There is ample evidence that this is the case for us.

messixaviesta wrote:Those who said that Thiago Silva doesn't want to leave PSG read his recent comments carefully. Did you notice the lines which go something like "It is very difficult to get out of here." ? Smile
I pretty much agree with this view. TS would like to come, but knows it's unlikely and that Barca would have to break the bank to meet PSGs price.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 am

Anybody else sad at the thought of losing Thiago? I don't blame him, but yea it sucks regardless
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:15 am

Marc Muniesa to Stoke City. Tbh, I don't think he will be playing CB alot of time next season, he would more suit LB or DM. Glad he has moved on!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 am

windkick wrote:Anybody else sad at the thought of losing Thiago? I don't blame him, but yea it sucks regardless

I think every single Barca fan is sad about that. There haven't been any updates on that matter during the last few days. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 am

The Sanchez wrote:Marc Muniesa to Stoke City. Tbh, I don't think he will be playing CB alot of time next season, he would more suit LB or DM. Glad he has moved on!

I don't follow the youth team as such but I do remember some here considered him our finest youth CB prospect. Injuries ruined him as far as I understand. We wish him all the very best for his future.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:00 pm

So according to El mundo deportivo, we have made the first offer of 32Mm for T.Silva........true/false, seems there will be lot more coming on this in next two weeks....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Bojan edging closer to move to Real Betis
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:42 am

Thiago, consistently the MVP for the U21 in world football Razz It was be crazy to have him join Man U, I hate that fking club looool, not to mention we NEED him to cover for Xavi etc....

I pray that it doesnt happen... Plssssssssssssssss

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=31634
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content