Your Thoughts please............

+3
Raptorgunner
Jay29
IndianGunner
7 posters

Go down

Your Thoughts please............ Empty Your Thoughts please............

Post by IndianGunner Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:25 am

Gael Clichy: "I joined Manchester City because I want to win things"

Samir Nasri:"I want to win things"

Why are Arsenal players all of a sudden turning rebel........?Even last season we did not win any trophies but no one said a word about it...But this year out of the blue towards the fag end of the season two of our players one of them a invincible,suddenly turn their backs on us... Sad

Why such a shift of attitude.....?Have they become definite that Arsenal won't win anything....?

P.S.Gervinho:"I am going to Arsenal to win" Very Happy

Atleast someone is ready to trust Le Prof!!

IndianGunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts please............ Empty Re: Your Thoughts please............

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 am

I'm willing to bet that a couple of seasons ago, Clichy and Nasri were both told "this team is going to win something and we'll all we can to make it happen". When that promise turned out unfulfilled, they probably got fed up. The club simply isn't matching their ambition.

As it is, both can leave and I won't really be bothered. Clichy, as we've discussed in detail, has not been the same since that Birmingham game in 07/08 and him moving on was probably best for everyone concerned. It's just a matter of finding an adequate replacement now.

Nasri is being made out to be some sort of superstar but a quick look at the facts tell you that he's not going to be a great miss either. From August to January, he scored 14 goals and got about 3 assists. From that point, he scored once and assisted once... even if he had to switch flanks because of Walcott's return, that's still a poor return. Another case of an inconsistent talent failing to reach his true potential. And this is not because of us, either.

The thing is, both say they want trophies and what have you which is perfectly reasonable, but the fact is neither Clichy or Nasri did enough to make sure Arsenal got that success they were after. That's what makes the whole situation a bit sour. They're blaming Arsenal for their lack of success, but not acknowledging that their own form has been below par.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by IndianGunner Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm willing to bet that a couple of seasons ago, Clichy and Nasri were both told "this team is going to win something and we'll all we can to make it happen". When that promise turned out unfulfilled, they probably got fed up. The club simply isn't matching their ambition.

As it is, both can leave and I won't really be bothered. Clichy, as we've discussed in detail, has not been the same since that Birmingham game in 07/08 and him moving on was probably best for everyone concerned. It's just a matter of finding an adequate replacement now.

Nasri is being made out to be some sort of superstar but a quick look at the facts tell you that he's not going to be a great miss either. From August to January, he scored 14 goals and got about 3 assists. From that point, he scored once and assisted once... even if he had to switch flanks because of Walcott's return, that's still a poor return. Another case of an inconsistent talent failing to reach his true potential. And this is not because of us, either.

The thing is, both say they want trophies and what have you which is perfectly reasonable, but the fact is neither Clichy or Nasri did enough to make sure Arsenal got that success they were after. That's what makes the whole situation a bit sour. They're blaming Arsenal for their lack of success, but not acknowledging that their own form has been below par.

I agree but what about the replacements......?Whether these replacements adapt to the Eng Weather,Physicality,Arsenal Style etc.,?

Despite their inconsistency Both of used to produce OMG moments in matches,sometimes helping us win the game itself(Nasri vs. Fulham, Clichy's Assist Vs. Barca)

IndianGunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 am

If Nasri was to leave he would have done the same as Clichy, dont believe the papers. By the end of the week we will know what is going on. Wenger had a hard season, and trust me he is going all out this year.

Lets move on from Clichy thing, is not a big loss.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jback2 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:13 am

it is a big loss actually.. but no one can blame clichy for leaving. like wenger said, he leaves with our respect and best wishes

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am

i agree with goonerj. wat i actually think is post 07/08 has been out of form and didnt do anythng special at all. some myt say the Barcelona assist was good but every dog has its day and even Bendy bended a crucial goal in that cup game bt that doesnt mek him gr8. actually the drop in for form of clichy affected our left side of play. from 08/09 th left side has been pathetic. he is a gr8 player bt i hate it if players say they want 2 win blah blah and 4get that they are th ones who shud put extra effort. and 2 nasri, hw can u win somethng wen u have 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 months. pshh.

i think now i can safely say though he has Barca at heart, Fabregas is our most loyal and passionate non english player at the moment.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am

I don't even care if they'r leaving -even cesc- ,my thoughts: A club can win only with loyal n talented players 4sure ,but never with them who don't care for ...! None of them are irreplacable...that's a true fact . I'm just a bit anxious to Wenger who looks like he never heard about :Bale,Coentrao,Wiel,Rodwell,Huntelaar,Shaqiri,Afellay n many moreee.....is he a menager or ! what the hell he's waiting 4 !!!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 am

boss wrote:I don't even care if they'r leaving -even cesc- ,my thoughts: A club can win only with loyal n talented players 4sure ,but never with them who don't care for ...! None of them are irreplacable...that's a true fact . I'm just a bit anxious to Wenger who looks like he never heard about :Bale,Coentrao,Wiel,Rodwell,Huntelaar,Shaqiri,Afellay n many moreee.....is he a menager or ! what the hell he's waiting 4 !!!

^^^^Footbal Manager addict
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:54 pm

since1996 wrote:
boss wrote:I don't even care if they'r leaving -even cesc- ,my thoughts: A club can win only with loyal n talented players 4sure ,but never with them who don't care for ...! None of them are irreplacable...that's a true fact . I'm just a bit anxious to Wenger who looks like he never heard about :Bale,Coentrao,Wiel,Rodwell,Huntelaar,Shaqiri,Afellay n many moreee.....is he a menager or ! what the hell he's waiting 4 !!!

^^^^Footbal Manager addict

goalol has like 10 players that he loves and seems to hate everyone else Razz
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down