I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

+27
sportsczy
Zealous
nasir6371
baresi
The Franchise
Onyx
TalkingReckless
DeviAngel
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
Be/\/ceCALI
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
the xcx
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
CBarca
LeBéninois
Rev
OLpower
Lex
la bestia negra
VanDeezNuts
nichabr
The Legend
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

it's not about track records or trophies. it's a grave insult, nothing more nothing less and shows complete lack of respect. he didn't make Wenger look bad, only himself..

Mancini name dropping Wenger as a desperate attempt to justify his own failures and shortcomings as a manager is pathetic. I know he's under pressure and about to lose his job so it's hard to keep cool, but a very classless thing to do

really low from him and tbh I didn't expect something like this. You don't kick a man while he's down, and he knows Wenger is going through some bullsh1t right now. Says a lot about his character.

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win!

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm

You're right, money doesn't guarantee success. But it is 100x better than not having any.

Let's look at the current highest achieving clubs from the best leagues in recent times.

In spain you have Barcelona, more often than not they have won Liga BBVA in the past few years. They also have a great recent record in the CL. Do they spend large sums of cash? You bet they do.

Then you have Real Madrid, the only team competing with Barcelona in spain for most of the time. Do they splash the cash? Oh yes, yes they do. Infact, these two teams hold the two largest transfer records among having completed other 20-30+ Million deals on a regular basis.

In the BPL we have Man United. Do they spend large amounts of cash? Mmhm.
Rooney, Nani, RvP, Ferdinand to name a few of many costly transfers. Berbatov deserves a mention too.

Man City. Well, there's no need for me to elaborate on this one. They have spent something like over £500,000,000 on players. That £500,000,000 is enough to buy most football clubs in the world outright.

Chelsea? Well, since Abramovich has arrived they've spent hundreds of millions on players which has brought them a few FA cups, 2 or 3 Premier league trophies (Can't remember exactly) and the clubs first Champions League trophy.

How about serie A? Well we'll start with Juventus. Have Juventus spent the big bucks to get back to the top? You bet we have. Even with our penny pinching Beppe Marotta we spend plenty of cash on depth. And I mean plenty.

Both Milanese Clubs have never been shy of spending the money until recently. And they were both in the front seat for the scudetto... until recently. hmm

Last of all we have Germany and the Bundesliga. The biggest club in the league by far is Bayern Munich. Are Bayern afraid of spending? Nuh-uh.

I fail to see how spending big and buying better players as well as buying expensive, young talent doesn't put you in a better position to win trophies than the methods Arsenal have been using in the past 10 years.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Not trolling but genuinely believe Mancini would have won an FA or Carling cup with this current Arsenal squad.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Yea and 4th in our CL group
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Swanhends wrote:But to argue that he has no right to say anything to "The Almighty Wenger" just doesn't make sense given their respective track records..
He won two tournaments with Fiorentina and Lazio (i thought he'd won Serie A with both and was getting ready to applaud him) and since then, has moved on to two clubs pumped to the brim with cash, riding his way to success on a carpet of unlimited money. Forgive me if I'm feel that's that not good enough for him to run his gob

Last edited by Lex on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea and 4th in our CL group
lol

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

What would you define as a 'successful season' for this current Arsenal side ?

Wouldnt winning a trophy after so many years constitute a successful season ? And its not like he's a dud in the league either.He knows how to grind results and meet achievable objectives as far as the league is concerned.And this side on paper is definitely worthy of a Top 4 team in the league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Surag wrote:And this side on paper is definitely worthy of a Top 4 team in the league.

Highly debatable.... are they better on paper than Spurs or Chelsea?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Arsenal have money, they just choose not to spend it. Just pointing that out there.

In any case does anyone really believe that Arsene still thinks he can win the league (even at the beginning of the season)? I don't think calling him out on not having a winning mentality anymore is unfair.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Rev wrote:Looking at City's recent performances, Mancini would get relegated with this Arsenal team.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Arsenal have money, they just choose not to spend it. Just pointing that out there.

we have money but not City, Chelsea, Man U etc money....we probably only have 30-40mil in the bank which is used not just for the transfer fee but wages too for the new player....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Isn't the stadium completely paid off? If so, what's holding back the team's cash-making ability?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Apparently Arsenal have 70m to spend this Summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 pm

The last installment for the debt will be paid around now. So by this summer we will be debt free ( finally ) and be able to spend. But still not City level because we prefer to spend what we earn. 70m would be the max amount for example.

From today's conference

Q: You have received the full backing of the board, you've got money to spend, but in the past why do you always seem so reluctant to spend?

AW: "I'm not reluctant to do so. First of all, we only had money recently. Secondly, in England there is a way of thinking that every problem is sorted out just by spending money but that's not always the case. If it was like that, the same teams would win the Champions League every year. There are two or three clubs in Europe who are richer than everybody else and do not play in the Champions League. I believe that the problem today is not the money, it's to find the talent that strengthens your team. And, as well, I believe we have to be faithful to what this club is about, which is to give a chance to the young players we educate - that is vital - and therefore to bring in the players only who give us really a plus. If we find tomorrow a player of top, top, top quality, we will take him."

People don't understand that we had to sell to buy after moving to the Emirates till about last year.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Which teams didn't spend to win the CL? If it's Inter, well they made a few big transfers.

Milan had experience and quality players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:28 pm

I am not Arsene Wenger, we are different. I want to win! - Page 2 8+Arsenal+Profit+Adj
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 pm

So disrespectful.

Mancini is embarassing himself, falling apart with his comments..blaming his players, playing everyone else, taking shots at people for no reason...all because he and his team are failing.

Pathetic coach.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Lex wrote:What punishment did Tevez suffer for going on a 3 month golf tour by the way?
Man City refused selling him to Milan and called him back to the squad, thats enough imo... :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 pm

I want Mancini out in the summer, lets get that straight. Also Mancini has won same number of Trophies as Wenger before he came to city.

So then Are We Seriously say that Wenger can't be criticized???
THEY MAN HAS WON SHITE IN 8 YEAR WITH A TOP 4 SIDE!!!!!!!
Swansea could win a trophy this season and Arsenal could win nothing*.

Any other fan base of a top 4 team would have had his ass feathered and tarred and on on the street for that shite.

*CL still a possibility
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

baresi wrote:
Lex wrote:What punishment did Tevez suffer for going on a 3 month golf tour by the way?
Man City refused selling him to Milan and called him back to the squad, thats enough imo... :coffee:

Da fuq does player disciplined have to do with this discussion.

***Also we should have sold Tevez and kept Balo Sad
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

No, people are saying who is Mancini to be throwing stones at anyone?

His gift wrapped Serie A titles impress noone and his teams are constant failures in the CL.

Not all titles are equal in value and difficulty. Why cant he just shut his mouth and get on with his job, all I hear recently is him blaming everyone else but himself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:No, people are saying who is Mancini to be throwing stones at anyone?

His gift wrapped Serie A titles impress noone and his teams are constant failures in the CL.

Not all titles are equal in value and difficulty. Why cant he just shut his mouth and get on with his job, all I hear recently is him blaming everyone else but himself.

Mancini is out in the summer and he is just politicking to look good for his next employer.

People living in the past Franchise... He man has won nothing in 8 years and people saying who is so-and-so can't criticized. Two weeks a go people were call for his head and now there getting defensive scratch

I like Wenger he plays attacking football that is fun to watch.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
baresi wrote:

Da fuq does player disciplined have to do with this discussion.

***Also we should have sold Tevez and kept Balo Sad
Just refer to the OP..
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Well I think, Arsenal aint winning things the last 8 years because they have lesser players than at least one, normally 2-3 of their rivals.

Not because Wenger is a bad coach and doesnt know what he is doing.

I think people are getting defensive, even if calling for his head earlier, because they can criticise Wenger, Wenger has a responsibility to them...but Mancini...

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:24 pm

The general feeling is that Mancini has had the majority of his trophies gift wrapped for him but the real question is does Mancini feel that way? hmm

I dare you to say that to his face, he'll probably just laugh at you. I can't blame a guy for thinking he deserves what he's won because he was running the club day to day when they won anything. That work translated into success and he will naturally feel like a winner as a result.

Anyway I don't like kicking a man when he's down but honestly Wenger has allowed this to happen. There is no reason why he should sacrifice his image and reputation on a broken club like Arsenal and yet he continues to do so. The man has won nothing in close to a decade, if you're surprised someone is calling him out then you need a reality check.

But still, Mancini isn't one to talk lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Well thats not true, there is a reason he should continue to sacrifice his image...its called loyalty and love for what has now become, his club.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next