lszanto
LeVersacci
Onyx
71 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

FIFA 14 discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: FIFA 14 discussion

Post by LeVersacci Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:56 am

Nah not slide tackling. Thats Square. I mean when you push the opponent with your hand/shoulder. It's way too easy to get the ball that way.

Also am I the only one that laugh when the ball sometimes doesn't connect to the player. The player looking at the ball like it's something he's never seen before ffs Laughing

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:09 am

i dont laugh I facepalm, happens far too frequently

pass the ball 30 cm from the player and he's looking off into the stands
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 am

LeVersacci wrote:Nah not slide tackling. Thats Square. I mean when you push the opponent with your hand/shoulder. It's way too easy to get the ball that way.

Also am I the only one that laugh when the ball sometimes doesn't connect to the player. The player looking at the ball like it's something he's never seen before ffs Laughing
We use different controls, then(I use Alternate).

And do you use legacy defending or what? I find that push useless tbh, except you're really close to the player. I usually use triangle/Y. My defender sticks his foot in for the tackle without getting too close for a foul(even though this automatically brings out my GK just a little bit).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 am

Yeh, although FIFA 14's the best FIFA to date, there's a lot more things they need to do to make it a proper simulation. It's nowhere near the finished product.

Every single team on FIFA 14 seems to press high up the pitch, highline, resulting in numerous offsides. Not every team presses like that in real life. It doesn't help that the wingers constantly run away from you when you try and pass to them down the line.

Also players sometimes move as if they're stuck to the ground. FIFA doesn't need to be like that in order to be realistic. PES' movement is good and it doesn't feel overpowered or feel like you're stuck to the ground at times.

Problem with EA is it feels like they make the game based on what they think football is, instead of actually watching football.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:09 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, although FIFA 14's the best FIFA to date, there's a lot more things they need to do to make it a proper simulation. It's nowhere near the finished product.

Every single team on FIFA 14 seems to press high up the pitch, highline, resulting in numerous offsides. Not every team presses like that in real life. It doesn't help that the wingers constantly run away from you when you try and pass to them down the line.

Also players sometimes move as if they're stuck to the ground. FIFA doesn't need to be like that in order to be realistic. PES' movement is good and it doesn't feel overpowered or feel like you're stuck to the ground at times.

Problem with EA is it feels like they make the game based on what they think football is, instead of actually watching football.
How exactly is it the best Fifa to date? It's the worst FIFA to date, in my opinion. It's a good thing that they're trying to make the game more realistic, but the end product is awful.. and the game is riddled with minor bugs. Overall, it's such a half-arsed attempt at making progress, and I can't believe some people are praising them for it. Basically, they're trying to take the game in a new direction, while at the same time playing it safe; No revolutionary new features, just half a step in a new direction... the exact same thing that Infinity Ward and Treyarch are doing with the CoD games. Thank god, they have yet to attempt to make the CoD games more realistic. They just don't have enough time to come up with convincing, new ideas and execute them properly, when they insist on releasing a new game every damn year. Unlike, Battlefield which had a realism-minded concept, to begin with.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

Too many bugs indeed. I agree that the idea behind FIFA 14 it is a step in the right direction but it really isn't a finished game as it is now, and it doesn't seem like EA are willing to patch even the most obvious bugs.

I presume (or hope rather) that they've been focusing on the next generation edition hence they've put less effort into making this one.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 am

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, Norway is like sh*t expensive but also wages are through the roof. Oil and codfish, what else do you need...

EA are trying too hard to "improve" the gameplay. FIFA 12 was really good, but 13 and 14, not bad, but they lack balance.
I can't complain about our wages, but we do pay about 1/3 of it in taxes Razz

Yeah, they are trying hard to improve/attempt at revolutionising the gameplay, but I don't think they have enough time on their hands to do it properly. And why should they? Regardless of how good their games are, they earn great reviews every single year - they've been doing it for the past decade, or so. They just don't have any proper competition, and people are content with what they bring to the table, year after year. If only they'd let us update squads for older games in the series, I'd stick to FIFA 13.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:22 am

Thimmy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, although FIFA 14's the best FIFA to date, there's a lot more things they need to do to make it a proper simulation. It's nowhere near the finished product.

How exactly is it the best Fifa to date? It's the worst FIFA to date, in my opinion. It's a good thing that they're trying to make the game more realistic, but the end product is awful.. and the game is riddled with minor bugs. Overall, it's such a half-arsed attempt at making progress, and I can't believe some people are praising them for it. Basically, they're trying to take the game in a new direction, while at the same time playing it safe; No revolutionary new features, just half a step in a new direction... the exact same thing that Infinity Ward and Treyarch are doing with the CoD games. Thank god, they have yet to attempt to make the CoD games more realistic. They just don't have enough time to come up with convincing, new ideas and execute them properly, when they insist on releasing a new game every damn year. Unlike, Battlefield which had a realism-minded concept, to begin with.
Usually the latest FIFA is always the best one. tongue

FIFA 14's the best one because it's the most realistic one. Usually every FIFA has bugs at the start. It's just like one of those companies. They know that they don't have proper competition and they know they have a long term following, so they can pretty much do anything and people will still buy the product. If PES improved, FIFA would need to as well.

CoD however just has new guns, maps etc each year and doesn't improve the gameplay too much. However I don't think CoD needs to improve each year as much as FIFA does. There's only so much they can do to make shooters realistic. It's not really a simulation like FIFA's meant to be.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Both CoD and FIFA have plenty of room for improvement. Their respective companies just aren't willing to take a risk, in introducing brand new, inventive elements to their games. Instead, they add minor, new features and make a few tweaks here and there.

"Usually, the latest FIFA is always the best one".

- I don't agree. FIFA 2009 was probably considered a far better game than it's predecessors, by many. But in my opinion, it was one of the worst in the series. It did have updated graphics, and a few cool, minor updates, but it was by far the easiest FIFA game to score in. You could pretty much score from midfield, consistently. It was highly unrealistic. It's the gameplay that matters, not the worthless BS that they add on the side Razz Since it's very unlikely that EA (with their 1 game per year policy) will produce a FIFA game in the near future that is realistic enough to truly be compared to real-life football, I think they should just find a balance, instead of gradually adding a bunch of these elements of "realism" that just mess up the flow of the game. Granting all teams high pressure and introducing an extremely flawed first touch system, in the same game..

FIFA 14 discussion - Page 39 BZO2n
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm

The latest FIFA is always an upgrade compared to the previous one. The previous FIFA's become obsolete, unlike CoD, where older CoD's can still be played. The reason for that is CoD isn't really meant to upgrade the gameplay every year. They can just put new maps, guns, perks etc in and it'll suffice. FIFA however needs to upgrade each year.

FIFA could make the most realistic game ever next year if they just replicated what real life football is. However either they don't watch football and make the game based on what they think it is, or they just want to spread the features out over a number of years. Or maybe they haven't found the code yet to create a realistic game.

I've always wondered why it takes so long to replicate what real football is. It's not like football changes every year. It's always been the same in terms of how players move, or pass, so why does it take so many FIFA's to implement that? Maybe they just don't want to get to a point where all they can do is update the squads, since the gameplay would be identical to real life?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The latest FIFA is always an upgrade compared to the previous one.
I don't know about that.

EA do try and add new features and improved gameplay, but it has reached a point where those new features are not necessarily an improvement at all. Like this First Touch control thing, it works too irrationally, they should get rid of it until they are able to implement it better.

But in the back of my mind I can't help thinking that EA are holding back in the FIFA series, that they consciously avoid bringing out the Perfect Game. Now that computer technology is no longer developing in leaps, and that more powerful machines do not necessarily automatically result in better FIFA games, yet EA has to sell a new FIFA every year... I'd imagine that in the current environment they are quite happy to tweak the game back and forth a little bit every year. If they really wanted, I believe they could produce a better game than what 13 or 14 are - or what 15, 16 will be - but that would leave them nothing to improve on and it's easier to sell an imperfect yet slightly "improved" (altered) game rather than that one perfect game every year.

In short, up until about FIFA 11 EA were able to count on technological advances to guarantee that the next game will be better than the old one and hence people will buy the new one. Now that factor has diminished greatly and EA have to do unnecessary or imperfect tweaks into the gameplay to keep up an illusion that the newest game is always the most progressed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 am

Art Morte wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:The latest FIFA is always an upgrade compared to the previous one.
I don't know about that.

EA do try and add new features and improved gameplay, but it has reached a point where those new features are not necessarily an improvement at all. Like this First Touch control thing, it works too irrationally, they should get rid of it until they are able to implement it better.

But in the back of my mind I can't help thinking that EA are holding back in the FIFA series, that they consciously avoid bringing out the Perfect Game. Now that computer technology is no longer developing in leaps, and that more powerful machines do not necessarily automatically result in better FIFA games, yet EA has to sell a new FIFA every year... I'd imagine that in the current environment they are quite happy to tweak the game back and forth a little bit every year. If they really wanted, I believe they could produce a better game than what 13 or 14 are - or what 15, 16 will be - but that would leave them nothing to improve on and it's easier to sell an imperfect yet slightly "improved" (altered) game rather than that one perfect game every year.

In short, up until about FIFA 11 EA were able to count on technological advances to guarantee that the next game will be better than the old one and hence people will buy the new one. Now that factor has diminished greatly and EA have to do unnecessary or imperfect tweaks into the gameplay to keep up an illusion that the newest game is always the most progressed.
I completely agree.

They definitely should've perfected the first touch system before implementing it. Did they even test this game before releasing it? Previous FIFAs all had a few bugs during their early days after release, but FIFA 14 has tons of more significant bugs and flaws, like players spacing out instead of meeting a pass from a team mate, constant off-sides, goalkeepers (on some occasions) refusing to move from their spot.. the list goes on. When I got FIFA 11 through pre-ordering, the minor bugs didn't really bother me that much, but this game is pure frustration. FIFA 15 will probably have "improved first touch system" as one of their so-called updates/improvements.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 am

Yeh they'll most likely keep putting out features named like, 'improved first touch', 'pro dribbling', '360 stamina engine', 'pro superhuman amazing goalkeeper engine', 'one touch passing' etc etc.

When all they have to do is scrap those named features and just create a game exactly like real football. They make the features as if they're something new in real football when they're creating the game. When instead football's always been the same.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Not sure what my defender is doing here. They ended up scoring.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/PS3/mtfootball/2014/video/172762875

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:06 am

:coffee: after playing demo i said i dislike the game , i said the speed is low and reactions are slow . I had an idea what that will make the game , chase and rush all day and there it is . chase and rush game it is other than that ive seen my players flying up into air like a super man when an opponent pushes me specially close to the line . something like tackle is American Football. Add a home run and make it American football already
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 am

elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:51 am

The demo is better than the full game and i just don't know why it just feels different....better.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 am

Will EA nerf heading? Waaaaay too OP ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

nichabr wrote:The demo is better than the full game and i just don't know why it just feels different....better.
The Fifa 13 demo also looked better than the full game.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:21 am

LeVersacci wrote:Will EA nerf heading? Waaaaay too OP ffs
No its not. You just don't know how to defend it Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:31 am

do tell then :coffee:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 am

The last post on page 51.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:48 am

Blue Barrett wrote:The last post on page 51.
Thanks will try
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 am

Blue Barrett wrote:No its not. You just don't know how to defend it Laughing

Back to top Go down