Our youth team is terrible at defending set pieces also

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Viareggio Tournament Empty Re: Viareggio Tournament

Post by Forza Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Cristante is the real deal. Prosenik looked alright too.

Henty's finishing was woeful. Ganz wasn't much better.

Cracking goal from Pedone.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 pm

As has been mentioned, our set piece defending was enough to make one cry. Beautiful goals, however Henty and Ganz should have added another four or five between them, unbelievably poor shooting from the front pair.

Not enough focus in the vide on the midfield battle, however I'm still very eagre to give Cristante every chance to prove himself and succeed at Milan without the need to send him out on a loan, the sort from which very few players ever return from.

In further news, Milan have advanced another round in the Viareggio Cup, defeating Empoli 1-0. I might rename the thread so that we can continue the discussion of this youth tournament here, as I'm sure we all hope there will be more vision of some of our stars of the future to come yet.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 am

Quite seriously, I'd rather play Cristante than a trio of Flamini - Ambro - Muntari. That midfield makes me die a bit inside. It's obvious Cristante has the quality and potential. I know that Allegri is good at integrating youth into the team, but we desperately need to cover this vice-Monty position. 3 DMs were the main reason that we drew our last game. And our rubbish CBs cost us a goal the game before.

I recall a discussion we had a month ago dos, where we were talking about transfer market priorities - CB and CM. In the end, we got Salamon (who probably won't get much playing time) and no vice-Monty. So we're pretty much screwed in both departments unless we rush some youth players into the team soon.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 am

Merkel was the best that we've produced and we didn't even consider him worth keeping in the squad. Don't think Cristante is physically ready to compete in midfield against Serie A level opposition. But i guess there would be no harm in trying him out in the near future.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 am

Cristante is still very young, although i would like Allegri to integrate him in the team. I just think he needs to develop a bit more before making appearances in the Serie A.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

Definitely too young for regular game time, even if he can start to impress in cameos, however I'd like to see him at the least be an option from the bench so that he can grab time at the end of matches in which we are comfortable. I'd rather see Cristante run around for ten minutes than Bakaye when we're comfortably ahead. The impact that El Shaarawy and De Sciglio made last season on the team was quite minimal, however it provides an excellent taste of what is required at the top and hopefully some of our youngsters can be prepared for next season. I include Salamon in this list, who I do not expect to see much game time over the next few months, barring injuries at the back.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Quite seriously, I'd rather play Cristante than a trio of Flamini - Ambro - Muntari. That midfield makes me die a bit inside. It's obvious Cristante has the quality and potential. I know that Allegri is good at integrating youth into the team, but we desperately need to cover this vice-Monty position. 3 DMs were the main reason that we drew our last game. And our rubbish CBs cost us a goal the game before.

I recall a discussion we had a month ago dos, where we were talking about transfer market priorities - CB and CM. In the end, we got Salamon (who probably won't get much playing time) and no vice-Monty. So we're pretty much screwed in both departments unless we rush some youth players into the team soon.

I cant understand how that line up is gonna get fans come and watch Milan play!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Our primavera team impressed to progress to the final of this tournament, however unfortunately we fell 3-0 to Anderlecht at the last hurdle. Still, a very impressive run from our youngsters and Cristante in particular stood out, which is fantastic news.

------------------------------------------------------------

Milan teenager Bryan Cristante is set to be offered a new contract by the club after impressing in the Viareggio youth tournament.

The 17-year-old midfielder was named Player of the Tournament despite the Rossoneri losing 3-0 to Anderlecht on Monday.

But the club's hierarchy were so impressed by his performances that they are set to sign the Italy Under-18 international on a long-term deal.

Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has reported that Adriano Galliani and other Diavolo board members will meet with Cristante's agent his afternoon to propose an offer.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Our primavera team impressed to progress to the final of this tournament, however unfortunately we fell 3-0 to Anderlecht at the last hurdle. Still, a very impressive run from our youngsters and Cristante in particular stood out, which is fantastic news.

Milan teenager Bryan Cristante is set to be offered a new contract by the club after impressing in the Viareggio youth tournament.

The 17-year-old midfielder was named Player of the Tournament despite the Rossoneri losing 3-0 to Anderlecht on Monday.

But the club's hierarchy were so impressed by his performances that they are set to sign the Italy Under-18 international on a long-term deal.

Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has reported that Adriano Galliani and other Diavolo board members will meet with Cristante's agent his afternoon to propose an offer.

That is amazing news. I haven't really watched the primavera, what type of midfielder is Cristante? Do you think he has the talent to be a good player for us in the future? And how far away is he from being good enough to start for us (given how poor our midfield is currently)?

If Cristante can develop into a top shelf ball playing CM that will be amazing.

I heard Petagna is our next best prospect, how's he doing?

Thanks for your opinion

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 am

KR10 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Our primavera team impressed to progress to the final of this tournament, however unfortunately we fell 3-0 to Anderlecht at the last hurdle. Still, a very impressive run from our youngsters and Cristante in particular stood out, which is fantastic news.

That is amazing news. I haven't really watched the primavera, what type of midfielder is Cristante? Do you think he has the talent to be a good player for us in the future? And how far away is he from being good enough to start for us (given how poor our midfield is currently)?

If Cristante can develop into a top shelf ball playing CM that will be amazing.

I heard Petagna is our next best prospect, how's he doing?

Thanks for your opinion

Viareggio Tournament Andrea%20PETAGNA Viareggio Tournament Acmilan_ronaldo

he definitely got the looks of a great striker
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:29 am

Cristante is miles ahead of what Merkel was. I don't think you all have watched him very much if you don't think he is ready. Bringing him up next season will be like a 20mil signing, just watch.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down