stevieg8
Arquitecto
fatman123
Art Morte
Red Alert
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it time we part-ways with Reina? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it time we part-ways with Reina?

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 am

His contract with Liverpool runs until the summer of 2016, so there's still significant time on his deal.

Any sales price next summer will depend mainly on how he performs at Napoli this season, but regardless it will be more than LFC would get if he spent the season on the bench at Anfield.

I still think his personality and leadership will be missed this season, but I can understand why the decision was made. And a loan move is still rather different from a sale. If Mignolet fails to bed well we could potentially see Reina back in the season after next (assuming he can get over his hurt feelings at the club dealing with club business without informing him at every step along the way).

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it time we part-ways with Reina? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it time we part-ways with Reina?

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 am

RedOranje wrote:His contract with Liverpool runs until the summer of 2016, so there's still significant time on his deal.

Any sales price next summer will depend mainly on how he performs at Napoli this season, but regardless it will be more than LFC would get if he spent the season on the bench at Anfield.  

I still think his personality and leadership will be missed this season, but I can understand why the decision was made.  And a loan move is still rather different from a sale.  If Mignolet fails to bed well we could potentially see Reina back in the season after next (assuming he can get over his hurt feelings at the club dealing with club business without informing him at every step along the way).

I think Mignolet will "bed well". He's too good not too. And even if he doesnt Reina has been poor for a while now,to the point where a good save is a shock. Simon will be fine.

I dont see Reina back here next season. He gone, and the underlined paragraph is what makes the loan the right move.

Nightmare scenario Mignolet gets a bad injury. Lets just hope for the best.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 pm

McAgger wrote:
McAgger wrote:My thoughtful post match analysis are in the other thread, I feel I need some sort of closure for this game as well with a little rant against Reina. (although he wasn't the only one to blame in this match).

The second goal vs. West Brom went f*cking through Reina 🤦He's lost any sense of goalkeeping ffs. I understand that we should never have been caught out so badly in the first place and Agger was to blame for the large portion of that for horrid defending on Lukaku, but the shot was straight at Reina ffs. I was laughing at us when we conceded that goal. I saw the funny side of it. Last week I defended Reina (sort of) but he keeps making these shite mistakes. Wee really do need a new keeper.

Top priorities for the summer and we all know it: GK, CB, LB

McAgger Proud

Demand Eriksen ffs. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2