Donuts
windkick
VanDeezNuts
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:I can only judge what I saw on the one replay, looked like an accident to me.

But more importantly, still think Cesc milked it, just like the yellow he got.
was as intentional as Pepe stomping on Messi
both looked down at the area they are going to step on, and pressed harder.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 pm

free_cat wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Not only has our RW been absent all season (Pedro doing well recently though)

Still insisting in this?

Pedro is not playing any better than he did the first 20 games of the season. He is just scoring goals. He is playing as good as before.

Seeing the replay of Wellington's step on Cesc, it looks completely intentional. He could easily have avoided it and Wellington is known to do this kind of stuff.

Pedro has been getting in behind more as Dani pointed out, and he has been scoring goals.

Doing both of those would make you a better player in my eyes, yes. You can't just say that he's been as good but now scoring the goals. If you are scoring the goals, you are playing better (unless that is at the sacrifice of your overall play, which isn't the case). And no. Excluding what I have just written (better runs and finishing which btw are essential for forwards), Pedro has been a bit better overall as well. His passing, movement and touches have been better recently.

I agree that maybe his overall game excluding runs and finishing has not improved immensely- but I've noted some improvement. Now when you add to this the fact that he has been able to be a little more prevalent in the final third than he has been, you can see why I would say Pedro is doing well in our RW spot recently.

If he continues on like this I would say our RW spot is fixed. But I will not go back on my word and say it wasn't a problem before- it was, and Pedro was a part of that. Full props to him for playing like he has done recently though, I sincerely hope it continues because he is slowly getting back to the Pedro I know and love.

But now that we have the RW spot fixed (potentially)- our LW spot is abandoned. Damn :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 pm

free_cat wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Not only has our RW been absent all season (Pedro doing well recently though)

Still insisting in this?

Pedro is not playing any better than he did the first 20 games of the season. He is just scoring goals. He is playing as good as before.

Seeing the replay of Wellington's step on Cesc, it looks completely intentional. He could easily have avoided it and Wellington is known to do this kind of stuff.

Indeed, he did it to Messi a couple of seasons ago..

0:11

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Don't you guys think Semi FInals are way too soon?

we are missing Di Maria, Coentrao, Ramos and maybe Pepe too
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Donuts wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I can only judge what I saw on the one replay, looked like an accident to me.

But more importantly, still think Cesc milked it, just like the yellow he got.
was as intentional as Pepe stomping on Messi
both looked down at the area they are going to step on, and pressed harder.

Again, I can only answer the question based on the one replay I saw.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

Real Kandahar wrote:Don't you guys think Semi FInals are way too soon?

we are missing Di Maria, Coentrao, Ramos and maybe Pepe too

Also your cup goalie Iker no?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 am

The Franchise wrote:Second, do we make subs or even change the team at all?

The same front 6 game after after after game...whats the point of depth?

I felt we did well, and I felt Dani Alves continues to show why he is still the king of his position, not just for us, but for anyone, anywhere. He is constantly up that side, always on the overlap, links with Messi like no other and back in his position is good time.

Iniesta continues his great run of form, scored a goal but also involved in others.

Glad I'm not alone on this, I felt exactly the same way, and it was frustrating to see some much needed subs (like Villa coming in) not come. Although now that I've had some time to process my thoughts a bit, I have to say that Tito does usually bring in subs so this is on Roura, who hopefully will not be behind the bench much more.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am

we will probably play

Adan( :coffee: )
Arbeloa... Varane... Albiol.... Marcelo
..............Khedira.... Alonso............
Ozil............Modric......................CR
.............Benz....................

With albiol in the back line, we can honestly see at least one away goal by barca...Carvalho? maybe he is old and slow but he is God positioning wise.

Ozil in the wings? well he did play there in camp nou Copa last year when he was pitted against Abidal remember? He was impressive...

Di Maria and Coentrao got Useless red cards last game copa against valencia... :s

Pepe has thigh injury, not 100% sure if he will be there next game...

and i don't think Ramos has served his 3 / 5 ?? game suspension.

Marcelo has JUST recovered but doesnt have match fitness...

im not against Adan, Adan is not bad, IF you guys can play pinto, why cant we play adan? so at least we will be equal there.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 am

Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 3 1VZ4g8

cheers

Iniesta has 18 assists now by the way,he is definitely hitting his peak now.This season he has been better than he's ever been imo,much more consistent too.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 am

My 2 cents.
Malaga was amazing in the first half. So much energy and pressing, while we were way below our usual standards especially in retaining possession and passing. On the second half we were back to our best, maybe because Malaga lost a big deal of their energy.
On individuals, I am happy to see Alves back, while Iniesta is slowly getting as influencial as messi.
The sub thing needs to stop. What’s the point of bringing a player in for 3 minutes when the game is already won many minutes before???
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 am

you just cant take the ball from iniesta can you; there was one moment where 3 malaga players where on him yet he managed to escape all three of them one by one in a matter of seconds, then he got fouled
ffs im starting to love him even if he plays for barca :bow:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

why didnt villa get subbed on Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 3 2276801876, the guy should of atleast got 10 minutes of running.

really wish malaga had a competent owner who loves the club.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 am

I call him the 'Bald Angel'.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Idiot wrote:you just cant take the ball from iniesta can you; there was one moment where 3 malaga players where on him yet he managed to escape all three of them one by one in a matter of seconds, then he got fouled
ffs im starting to love him even if he plays for barca :bow:

indeed... his skill is mind bogling.
also don't feel bad... there are a few Madrid players i like too Razz
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

One of them being Ozil for me personally.

He is better on the wing vs us, mostly because he can escape the clutches of Busquets who has given him problems before.

I am sure if used on that side again, he can give us many problems. However, this time around it wont be Abidal in attack, it will be Alba making runs constantly down that side. He will have to do some dirty work this time around.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Best way is to attack Özil right from the start, making him track Alba back and get him tired eventually. There is no way he can compete with Alba in fitness.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Agree, but you need the ball to do that. The last few Classico's we have started very slowly and Madrid have not allowed us to get into any rhythm with their pressing.

We need to do a little better job not being rattled by their pressing, like its a surprise.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 am

sometimes i feel Barca gives its fans the glory,pleasure and entertainment through beautiful play but none of this just voluntarily ofcourse. They demand our nerves even though they come out with result most of the times.
Up until that third goal i could not explain how was my feelings. We were dominating in 2nd half but at the same time they scored their second just like fun. Not extraordinary skill, not individual goal, same old counter and took shot far from the bar. the goal looked to be so simple that after that goal i could not rely on our defense too much. That is the reason that iniesta goal made me mad.
while i am happy with little passes and skills from Cesc, his overacting makes me sad. I hope changes himself just like Busi did.
I think Madrid now knows very well on how to play vs us and they did so perfectly in last 3 matches winning 2 of them. No matter what their league standing is they will be very confident just for this. And for us i could not be happier for the timing of our first defeat in the league. This kind of defeat must increase your hunger. SO i am confident we will win

Last edited by neuro11 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 am

The way we play is filled with glory, pleasure and a hell of a lot of entertainment, although only when it is done right.
Vs Malaga, our passes were horrible, Xavi and Messi did very odd passes that gave away our possession, and our defence was a bit sloppy, but when it works out we play like magic..
re-watch the madrid vs Barcelona 5-0 it was a masterpiece because everything went on so perfectly.
IF we stopped playing the way we did, we'd be worse off in my opinion
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Again didnt like Iniesta on the left.Kept coming inside all the time and was practically playing CM.This meant Cesc was pushed out of midfield and he had no clue.Had an atrocious game barring the piece of skill for the Iniesta goal.
If Iniesta plays left I think he needs to pick his moments to come inside.If he keeps coming in all the time we lose our midfield structure and shape.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 pm

On individuals I thought everyone had an excellent game bar Alba and Cesc.
Alba doesnt convince me defensively.There was one moment in the first half.Xavi was covering the Malaga player with the ball and Alba came up to do the same ignoring the player making the run.Xavi had to gesture at him to cover the runner.His explosive pace allows him to make up for his mistakes which happen far too much.
I thought Masch had a very good game too.Hope he keeps it up.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Cesc was MotM for me especially in the second 45 minutes, don't know what substance you're using but please send some over Laughing

I agree that Alba was crap. Mascherano I thought lost his man on the first goal. He was completely out of position but otherwise a solid performance.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Cesc MOTM Laughing

He had a bad game, especially the longer it went.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

danyjr wrote:Cesc was MotM for me especially in the second 45 minutes, don't know what substance you're using but please send some over Laughing

I agree that Alba was crap. Mascherano I thought lost his man on the first goal. He was completely out of position but otherwise a solid performance.

i don't like Mascherano. Always out of position. ffs this is a basic and most important thing for a defender. No wonder we always concede when he is on the pitch.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:Cesc MOTM Laughing

He had a bad game, especially the longer it went.

Yup, that substance please. I want it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Cex is an amazing player, but I still wish we didn't sign him. It had a horrible domino effect on the rest of the team

After we signed him, I noticed this effect happen

- Thiago gets less minuets
- the strongest partnership in the world Xaviesta was being used at first with Villa/Pedro/Tello on the left wing with Cex being used as Iniesta's back up/rotation player
- Cex complains about playing time.
- Cex starts to start next to Xavi with Villa/Pedro/Tello on the left wing with Iniesta as the Cex back up/rotation player
- Iniesta makes a comment about how much he is playing
- Xavi + Cex becomes the midfield with Iniesta now playing on the left wing. Since this has happened, Villa/Tello have hardly featured and we have no speed on the left wing and Spains all time goal scorer is not being used at all.
- Various reports of now Villa, our only 2nd true natural goal scorer on the team, wanting to leave during this window.
- Cex is happy with playing time and the best midfield duo of all time, Xaviesta is broken up.

wtf.

He also complains when playing for la Roja. At the Euros he was upset he wasnt starting and he ended up being used as a false 9 when the team had true 9's such as Llorente, Negredo, Torres and even Soldado that wasn't called up for whatever reason. He throws fits if he doesn't play...even though he is playing for the most stacked midfield in history with Barca and Spain. And the coach's comfort him. He should of known what role he was going to play when he signed.

Also, what if we do sign Neymar? That means no more Iniesta on the left wing as that's Neymars position. Or what about when Deulofeu gets called up? Also plays on the left wing. So what, are we going to start to bench Iniesta so Cex can get his minutes? That's pretty ridiculous. Cex is good, but in our team, and paired up with Xavi no one is better than Iniesta. No one should arrive on the team and knock him out of position..forcing Villa or Tello (a true winger) to be knocked out of position.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next