Great Leader Sprucenuce
vizkosity
S
rwo power
11 posters

Go down

Borussia Dortmund and the money Empty Borussia Dortmund and the money

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm

The Swiss Ramble wrote:Last season was truly memorable for Borussia Dortmund’s many supporters, as their beloved Schwarzgelben retained their Bundesliga title and also secured the first double in the club’s 103-year history by winning the DFB Cup too.

They have admirably managed to cope with the loss of key players each season, so when they sold influential captain Nuri Şahin to Real Madrid in the summer of 2011, his place in midfield was effectively taken up by Shinji Kagawa, whose return from injury meant no loss in momentum. Similarly, when the Japanese international was sold to Manchester United this summer, Dortmund had already signed his replacement, the highly talented Marco Reus from Borussia Mönchengladbach.

All this has been done with Dortmund playing an exciting, attractive brand of football that has been appreciated by fans everywhere. Under charismatic manager Jürgen Klopp, this is a side that attacks with pace and defends with great intensity, proving that teams can win with style.

They have also achieved the seemingly impossible task in football of combining victories on the pitch with financial success, though it is equally true that sporting success has helped lead to improved economic results. In 2011/12 Dortmund’s revenue rose by an imposing 42% to a record €215 million (€189 million excluding player sales), while pre-tax profits surged to a hefty €37 million. Despite higher bonus payments, the wage bill of less than €80 million can still be described as “merely average” for the Bundesliga.
Read the full analysis with a lot of stats and numbers here at The Swiss Ramble:
http://swissramble.blogspot.de/2012/10/borussia-dortmund-back-in-game.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund and the money Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund and the money

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Well i dont think they'll win the Bundesliga this year and also they've been handed a tough draw in the Pokal.

CL is where i believe they should be focusing on in my opinion and if they go far in the competition this season,it will benefit them heavily not only on the sporting front but most importantly financially as well..They've already raked in an impressive 17.1m euros in the Group Stage and i sure hope there's more to come from them.

So given their impressive financial results this past year or so ,i dont think they may have to sell any of their key players like they've done the past two seasons infact they could build on their already strong squad with some quality depth additions.I think irrespective of what they achieve this year in terms of silverware i believe they are already in a strong position to build on the solid foundation they've laid on their team.Their project is clearly here to stay no doubt.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Well, I think they can get into at least the semi of the CL and reach the 2nd or 3rd place in the BL. But then, other than for Bayern this will be considered a good success in Dortmund already.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 am

it would be nice if they can go to the semi final this year....they totally deserve it imo. Winning would be cool too! and it's certainly not impossible
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am

Also i would like to add one more thing for which i might get criticized but i recently read the whole Swiss Ramble report on Dortmund's finances.For an 80,000 capacity stadium they earn a paltry matchday revenue of 28m euros compared to even Bayern thats way too low.Dortmund belong amongst the big boys now ,football is all a business nowadays and if they want reach the heights of Bayern's financial prowess in the football world they might have to increase ticket prices perhaps ?I mean that is one way to increase their overall revenue.Depending on success levels,merchandising and loads of sponsorship deals will automatically follow.

Also have they paid off their stadium debt yet ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Also have they paid off their stadium debt yet ?

Anyone ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:55 pm

According to "Die Zeit", in 2012, Dortmund has about 40 mio Euros debt left (of originally 180 mio Euros in 2005; in 2011 it was still 57 mio Euros).
Source: http://www.zeit.de/sport/2012-04/borussia-dortmund-bvb-meister
Source: http://www.manager-magazin.de/unternehmen/artikel/0,2828,760005,00.html

In some other article it was written that the majority of debts were from the buy-back of the stadium. An exact number wasn't given, but if the debts left are about 40 mio Euros in 2012, the stadium can "only" have a maximum of 40 mio Euros debts on it still.

BTW, this doesn't factor in the 34 mio Euros revenue the BVB made after taxes in 2012, the majority of which should go into lowering the debts even more.

Source: http://www.fr-online.de/wirtschaft/borussia-dortmund-bvb-zahlt-erstmals-dividende,1472780,20966440.html

An interesting find when I looked for the stadium debt info - Kloppo's annual wages are "only" 2.1 mio Euros:
http://www.futebolfinance.com/os-30-maiores-salarios-de-treinadores-de-futebol-2012

BTW, some interesting info on the history of the Westfalenstadion / Signal-Iduna-Park:
http://www.schwatzgelb.de/3511.html (History and future of the Westfalenstadion, part 1)
http://www.schwatzgelb.de/3514.html (History and future of the Westfalenstadion, part 2)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

RWO or anyone else for that matter know how much Dortmund stand to earn from their CL run this season should they get to the final?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:45 am

Well, AFAIK Klopp mentioned that by now and including the Götze transfer, they earned about 80 mio Euros. If they reach the final, they can add another 5-6 mio Euros (too lazy to look it up), and if they win it would be about 10-11 mio instead of the 5-6.

Oh, and additionally they seem to get a new commercial deal with Turkish Airlines where they earn around 10 mio Euros over 3 years.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks RWO :bow:

Updating a database for Dortmund with up to date finances on Football Manager Laughing and the finances are a bit of out of date.

And Swiss Ramble won't have any of the pending CL figures i would think so thanks very much Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Also beginning next year each single Bundesliga club gets 20ish million Euros more TV money.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

First and foremost I believe we can challenge Bayern next season for the tittle, like we have always done we need to buy intelligently and strengthen our depth.

The 2 fullbacks position need strength in depth and I don't have anyone in mind, perhaps maybe Sebastian Jung and Zapata will be good reinforcement for the defence. Santana, Sobutic, Hummels are already more than enough for CB position, perhaps maybe we should hurt Bayern a little by signing Van Buyten for free as emergency back-up, if he his willing to reduce his wages.

As for midfield, I have seen a lot of Sebatian Rode and I think he will be a prefect replacement for ageing Kehl. Since former 1860 Munchen signings have traditional done well for us maybe Kevin Volland wouldn't be a bad ideal.

The all important signing will be a player who will replace Gotze and a back-up striker for Lewandowski, and no one fit this role better than Isco and Pizarro(Yes Pizarro from Bayern).

Isco is the perfect replacement for Gotze, I believe he can fit well into Dortmund intelligent style of play and Pizarro if release by Bayern will be a cheap back-up for Dortmund that can also play as AM.

In conclusion I think the following players should be consider by Dortmund to strengthen their squad and depth next season, Sebastina Rode, Pizarro, Dzeko, Isco, Eriksen, Kelvi De Bruyne, Kevin Volland, Patrick Hermann, Matthias Ginter, Andre Hoffmann etc.

1st team.

------------------ Weidenfeller-----------------
Piszczek---Subotic--Hummels---Schmelzer
-------------Bender---Gündoğan--------
Reus--------------Isco-----------------Błaszczykowski
---------------Lewandowski-------------

----------------Langerak-------------
Jung----Huffmann--Santana-Jansen
------------Rode--------Sahin---------
Hermann-----Leitner-------Bittencourt
----------------Pizarro---------------

go for it Dortmund.
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:01 pm

I'd plan with Dzeko as a striker by now TBH.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 15, 2013 5:49 pm

BVB published the 3rd 'financial report' of the season which covers a period up to 31.03.2013:

http://aktie.bvb.de/Publikationen/Quartalsfinanzberichte/Quartalsfinanzbericht-3.-Quartal-2012-2013 (in German)

BVB announced third quarter turnover of almost €180mio, which is almost €40mio more than last year and almost €125mio more than 2 years ago.

On top of that, BVB also announced a temporary gain of over €19mio and improved revenue in all areas.

BVB are absolutely on track towards the turnover of €250-300mio (without player-sales, by just reaching the CL Round of 16) which is the benchmark for a top 10 european team.

I'm very pleased with the numbers.

The 4th quarter will be the bomb though, as it'll include the quarter/half final aswell as the final of CL money and Götze money on top of that and reach turnover of cca. €285mio.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Well, as things look, the BVB will go on a shopping tour to get some fresh blood in and that will need to be taken into the balance, too, thus the numbers for the profit will even out a bit. The turnover does look quite good, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Splendid. Absolut herrlich, ich kann einfach nicht für die nächste Saison warten!
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Dortmund have voted to issue a Follow-On Offering of stocks.

They'll collect capital from investors Puma and Signal Iduna, which seem to be ready to buy up to 5% of shares each.

Dortmund hope to gain up to 110m € capital through this move.

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-set-to-announce-massive-capital-increase/a-17868998
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Dortmund have voted to issue a Follow-On Offering of stocks.

They'll collect capital from investors Puma and Signal Iduna, which seem to be ready to buy up to 5% of shares each.

Dortmund hope to gain up to 110m € capital through this move.

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-set-to-announce-massive-capital-increase/a-17868998

Now they'll have money to replace Reus next summer Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 pm

or money to pay Reus a lot of wages hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend