Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season?

+28
boss
El Gunner
Forza
Emaharg
CBarca
SUPERCARTTS
Kick
julias
Sina
Artilleristen
6unner
Chumlum
RealGunner
Twoism
djoe26
Lex
furiouswindbottom
Raptorgunner
Eman
REWB
Rev
SamuelJayC
TalkingReckless
EL Patron
Wilson37
BeArsenal
Amar
Jay29
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season? - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:God how I wish this was true: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/03/3574733/wenger-hits-out-at-vermaelen-gervinho-jenkinson-in-furious?source=breakingnews

If only Arsene & Bould hit out at Podolski too, lack of effort was embarrassing.

I dont believe this, Wenger would never hurt his kids, that is why he gave many players this week off.

When you sell your best player year after year, he knows is not the players fault its his fault.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season? - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season?

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Good to know Bouldy tore them a new one.

I think radical thinking is needed. We have a bunch of players who think they won't be dropped and are comfortable in knowing that not winning a trophy (translated as not winning) is acceptable.

Drop them! Bring in some fringe players and reserves. Why are we paying them if we never use them?

We need competition for places and our squad is not as bad as you may think.

First up, drop Wilshere and Arteta for Eisfeld and Coquelin. Let's have a bit of power and hunger in the midfield. It will give Arteta and Wilshere something to think about.

Don't play Gervinho. Ever.

Get men in the box for crosses and don't wait 87 minutes to put a cross in.

Give Arshavin a game. Change the system a bit (support for Giruod...Walcott or Podolski...even Chamahk).

Tell them that they WILL BE SOLD in January or at the end of the season if they play without passion. Any of them.

No more mothering them Arsene, your protecting them is what they expect. Stop giving it.

Tell them to earn the shirt and quickly.

Obviously we need re-inforcements. I would tell them we are going to do that and that if they fight like mad they may have a future at the club.

If they plod about and think they can collect their 80k per week tell them QPR may be interested.

A lot of focus on the manager and the board (I am no fan of the board btw), but THE PLAYERS need to take some responsiblilty.

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm all for change, but Wilshere would be the last player I'd drop.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm all for change, but Wilshere would be the last player I'd drop.

He's been shit lately. Needs dropping. Wonderful player but so what? If a player feels like he can't be dropped no matter how he plays...sit on the bench and have a think.

A player having an off day insn't enough to drop them.

For me, three or four poor performances on the trot and any decent manager will drop them.

Sometimes players need a wake up call. Trust me on that.

Even Cazorla is getting close in my world.

Look at Chelsea with Torres. Still plays despite being utter garbage for 2 years as the owner likes him.

Bad move.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Except he hasn't been "shit" lately. He's been improving by the game. And what do you expect from someone playing his sixth or seventh game after a year out?

Wilshere doesn't need "a wake up call", neither does Cazorla. One needs games to find form, the other merely needs a break.

This radical change your proposing is too excessive, in as much that you're not identifying which players aren't performing well due to tiredness or a lack of form due to lack of games, and which players aren't performing simply because they aren't good enough or are just far too inconsistent. Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla are in the former category. Gervinho would be in the latter.

Dropping players merely for the sake of dropping them or for no real reason leads to its own set of problems.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

and which players aren't performing simply because they aren't good enough or are just far too inconsistent. Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla are in the former category. Gervinho would be in the latter.

So Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla aren't good enough?

Man, and you say I'm radical (I got your point btw Cool .

Three or four poor performances on the trot, whether down to form or tiredness needs addressing.

Our situation is a bad one, It needs addressing and the players need to know this.

I'm not asking you to agree, this is a forum and everyone has different opinions, but I would like to make them fight for a place in the side.
GoonerJay29 wrote:Except he hasn't been "shit" lately. He's been improving by the game. And what do you expect from someone playing his sixth or seventh game after a year out?

Wilshere doesn't need "a wake up call", neither does Cazorla. One needs games to find form, the other merely needs a break.

This radical change your proposing is too excessive, in as much that you're not identifying which players aren't performing well due to tiredness or a lack of form due to lack of games, and which players aren't performing simply because they aren't good enough or are just far too inconsistent. Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla are in the former category. Gervinho would be in the latter.

Dropping players merely for the sake of dropping them or for no real reason leads to its own set of problems.

Not good enough: Gervinho

Out of form: Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey, Podolski and Oxlade Chamberlain (be careful using tiredness...sometimes it's not just that. It can be complacency or not having the fire for a battle). To be fair, Ox may need more game time but he looks really poor too when he plays.

In the end we need changes. And dropping players out of form (for whatever reason) is a must.

Like I said, just my opinion.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

The whole team including Wenger should be deducted pay for the past few weeks, I want to see how they respond the next game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Wenger on Bould
on Steve Bould reports...
That's not true at all. There's nothing more irritating than superficial information nowadays. It would be better if people are a bit responsible for what they write. I take my responsibilities, but I think to inform people in the wrong way is bad as well. It's time for some people to realise that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I agree with Jay on Wilshere not "being shit", and that he's been improving game by game.

But honestly the trip to Greece is always tough, and I don't think we'll be getting a win there. So much rather drop Wilshere, and let him be fresher for the weekend.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BeArsenal Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I agree with Goonerjay. But we need some changes. Players need to be dropped and we need some new WC players
BeArsenal
BeArsenal
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Wenger on reports of players being angry after the defeat to Swansea: "Do you want them to dance when we lose?"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wenger on reports of players being angry after the defeat to Swansea: "Do you want them to dance when we lose?"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea: Any one else done with this season? - Page 5 Xowen10 Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5