TheRedStag
nj
Red Alert
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
Brigate Rossonere
11 posters

Go down

30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD Empty 30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm

-Jones 20K
-Knochesky 40K
-Cole 100K
-Jovanovic 120K
-Kyrgiakos? 30K(not sure if he is deadwood)
-Ngog 40K
-Poulsen 60K
-Darby 5K
-Aquilani? 80K
-Degen 40K
-ElZhar 30K
-Insua 10K

thats 12 players. a rough estimate for their wages (some may be inaccurate, but a rough estimate), it adds up to 575K a week.

that's 575k a week who are unlikely to make any kind of contribution (with exception of a FIT Aquilani, or maybe Soto and NLength)

it adds up to close to 30M Pounds a year in wages.

shocking....we'll be lucky to cut the damage to half IMO
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am off to bang my head to the wall

Back to top Go down

30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD Empty Re: 30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 pm

-Cole 100K
-Jovanovic 120K

[insert facepalm emoticon]
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD Empty Re: 30 Million Pounds a Year on DEAD F***** WOOD

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Jovanovic:

He still has good reputation on the continent.Plenty of interest will be there only sticking point is his wages.But he has a international career to save.SO i wont be surprised if he even takes wage cut to move for regular football.Jovanovic isnt on 120k.Thats u just sensationalizing things.

Cole:

No chance i would say

Konchesky:

PL experience and cheap.There will certainly be few clubs like wolves would take him gladly for the price mooted.Most championship clubs will take him albeit on loan

Poulsen:

Hopefully someone will be there though not confident.But u never know he to has international career and Euros ahead of him so need regular football desperately.I wont be surprised if Stoke move for Poulsen late in the window.They usually do business very late and they are regularly linked with him.

The key thing is the window has not even opened.These sort of players usually move late in the window.They are always likely to be 3rd or 4th choice for buying clubs.So only would move once they miss out on their main targets.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Jovanovic:

He still has good reputation on the continent.Plenty of interest will be there only sticking point is his wages.But he has a international career to save.SO i wont be surprised if he even takes wage cut to move for regular football.Jovanovic isnt on 120k.Thats u just sensationalizing things.

He is 30 and hasn't really played for a year. That's a problem.

Cole:

No chance i would say

29 and had a bad season. I agree, takes a miracle to offload him unless he's willing to take a huge wage cut.

Konchesky:

PL experience and cheap.There will certainly be few clubs like wolves would take him gladly for the price mooted.Most championship clubs will take him albeit on loan.

Another 30-year-old with a bad season. Maybe someone will buy him for £1m.

Poulsen:

Hopefully someone will be there though not confident.But u never know he to has international career and Euros ahead of him so need regular football desperately.I wont be surprised if Stoke move for Poulsen late in the window.They usually do business very late and they are regularly linked with him.

He's 31, it's getting even worse : /
No way that a top league side in Europe will fancy him. Hopefully someone from Russia or MLS will buy him, but... well, would you? : (

My depressing comments in red.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Posted somewhere else on this.... Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:
He is 30 and hasn't really played for a year. That's a problem.

But he still has his reputation in overseas market.There were bids for him in January and enquiries already made.He still has a international career to save so will be desperate to leave.Wont be surprised if he take a wage cut to move.

Cole:

29 and had a bad season. I agree, takes a miracle to offload him unless he's willing to take a huge wage cut.

There's always hope come on 'Arry.
Konchesky:

Another 30-year-old with a bad season. Maybe someone will buy him for £1m.

Ya.I dont think he will fetch more than 1mil but for that price there will be few clubs interested for sure.Also he is not on high wages apparently so that wont be an issue.

Poulsen:

He's 31, it's getting even worse :
No way that a top league side in Europe will fancy him. Hopefully someone from Russia or MLS will buy him, but... well, would you? : (

There will be clubs in Germany Spain Italy or even Denmark.That will be interested.He was poor for us and Juve but he still was good for Sevilla.Also moving to abroad some clubs might be able to afford his wages because of their tax rules.Also Euro 2012 is next year that n=might help us shift these players too.

We just have to wait.Its too early for clubs to make offer for these types of players.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

-Jovanovic 120K

[insert facepalm emoticon]

technically Jova isnt on 120K/weeks. (only Stevie is on that kind of wages in our squad).

Jova was given a 60k/weeks wages, and the 120k figures includes a signing-on fee payable only over the first 12 months of his contract (but it isnt part of "wages").

but that's not the point of the thread,
ofc we are paying waaaayyyyyyy too much on dead woods.
but thank god now we have the right managment and we won't be seeing that kind of stuff any time soon.

now we'll only overpay for british youngsters... Cool
jk jk ^^
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 pm

I think we should offer Cole a new contract. Maybe pay him 200k a week to be shit. That'd be fun Mad
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:07 am

Jova isn't on 120k a week.

Cole is closer to 80 or 90k.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:10 am

Jovanovic is a great footballer IMO.

Hodgson ruined him...Dalglish didn't even give him a chance.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:16 am

VibeTribe wrote:Jovanovic is a great footballer IMO.

Hodgson ruined him...Dalglish didn't even give him a chance.

Hope some managers share ur view pale
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:40 am

In fairness Jovanovic didn't really get enough chances to prove himself. In saying that I still want him out the door asap.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 am

1. Aqualini isn't a dead-wood
2. We spend 25% of wage-bill on them
3. Transfer fee isn't the problem, it's the wage that will hinder their deperture
4. Only second division or low-ranked first division teams will have them (apart a few).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 am

Sepi wrote:-Jones 20K
-Knochesky 40K
-Cole 100K
-Jovanovic 120K
-Kyrgiakos? 30K(not sure if he is deadwood)
-Ngog 40K
-Poulsen 60K
-Darby 5K
-Aquilani? 80K
-Degen 40K
-ElZhar 30K
-Insua 10K

thats 12 players. a rough estimate for their wages (some may be inaccurate, but a rough estimate), it adds up to 575K a week.

that's 575k a week who are unlikely to make any kind of contribution (with exception of a FIT Aquilani, or maybe Soto and NLength)

it adds up to close to 30M Pounds a year in wages.

shocking....we'll be lucky to cut the damage to half IMO
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am off to bang my head to the wall

I don't really consider insua as dead wood though, he's a pretty good back up, kyrgiakos too .
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 am

Only Degen, Cole, Ngog and Jones left now.

Cole and Ngog both expected to leave tomorrow as well which leaves us with Degen and Jones which is 60K combined in a week, which translates to 3M over a year.

Congratulations guys, we've saved ourselves 27 Million Pounds annually.

Hats off to Comolli and FSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
The key thing is the window has not even opened.These sort of players usually move late in the window.They are always likely to be 3rd or 4th choice for buying clubs.So only would move once they miss out on their main targets.

How about this for a prediction when everyone was worried about deadwoods Cool

Still think Degan will go on loan somewhere before the end of window.That will leave us with Jones as the only deadwood hopefully.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Comolli certainly deserves a round of applause for his work this window. He's brought in the right players and shipped out the deadwood. There's really not much more we could ask for.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum