McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:32 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:haha, fahim difficult to replace you...at least for me Laughing
I was just going through following:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4603867/Tomer-Hemed-on-Liverpools-radar.html

yeah rwo power is correct about hunter and then it is picked up by English media

It would be better if u could just delete the post.Hope u know Liverpool's history with the Sun newspaper.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:haha, fahim difficult to replace you...at least for me Laughing
I was just going through following:
yeah rwo power is correct about hunter and then it is picked up by English media

Dude horrible source.
Please delete the post. Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Oh wow i thought posting a article that referenced it was bad.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 am

donttreadonred, great shout on Mertens. Very classy player and I can see us being genuinely interested in him with Downing rumoured to leave.

He fits the FSG policy of buying young and improving the team as he is a goal-threat and will share the workload off of Sterling. Or we can shove Sterling out on the right to compete with Suso and leave Mertens fighting for a position against Assaidi.

If we're still looking in the Eredivisie, Chadli is another classy player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I would like to have Rossi on loan. BTW how old is he? 27! 28!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

iftikhar wrote:I would like to have Rossi on loan. BTW how old is he? 27! 28!

He's 25.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Montpellier)

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

Lewis Holtby (Schalke 04)

Daniel Carrico (Sporting Lisbon)

Juan Manuel Vargas (Fiorentina)

Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Stuttgart)

Douglas (FC Twente)

Klaas Jan-Huntelaar (Schalke 04)

Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)

Above is a list of some players who we can avail for free during the Summer. . . . . thanks to a post from @Robish13 in twitter.

The names there are really impressive considered they would be free agents. But then again it does not change the fact that the better ones won't be a easy to attract at all!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Mbiwa and Carrico are top young CBs, would be great if we signed one but i dont see us shoping the market for a defender unless of course a better LB than Enrique comes for cheap. Huntelaar and Llorente would both come cheap for the quality they possess but are both of an age which doest suit our new philosophy of buying young.

Im hoping for an Assaidi type signing out of the blue. We should wait till the summer then go for JoJo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Mbiwa and Carrico are top young CBs, would be great if we signed one but i dont see us shoping the market for a defender unless of course a better LB than Enrique comes for cheap. Huntelaar and Llorente would both come cheap for the quality they possess but are both of an age which doest suit our new philosophy of buying young.

Im hoping for an Assaidi type signing out of the blue. We should wait till the summer then go for JoJo

Yeah... I just don't see Jovetic moving for less than £25 million without a transfer request. Even in that case, he's far too high-profile to move to us as long as we're outside the CL.

Our striker targets will either be players in contract disputes, players seeking playing time, or young, up-and-coming strikers at "smaller" clubs. I really don't see us poaching a well-established, high profile striker like Llorente, Huntelaar, Jovetic, etc., who is used to, or seeking, CL football.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 am

JoJo is an up and coming young forward, He's only 22, and doesnt really play for a team with CL ambitions so i really do see us being able to snatch in the summer. One thing with him is that he will be expensive at 24m but the owners have said that money wouldnt be an issue if the player is worth it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:12 am

He's not up-and-coming, he's already well known and established. If he's for sale a club in the CL will be in for him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:57 am

He's an up and coming in the sense that he hasnt reached his full potential :coffee:

And dont get me wrong but its sounds like most of the fans are afraid to spend big on one player. Risks are necessary to get to the top again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 am

Sneaky bid for Cavani I say. Napoli are being investigated for match-fixing. This could be our chance. :coffee:

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:He's an up and coming in the sense that he hasnt reached his full potential :coffee:

And dont get me wrong but its sounds like most of the fans are afraid to spend big on one player. Risks are necessary to get to the top again.

Injury has set him back a year or two in developing but he is still an established player.

Think people are just trying to act smart. There would be no point making Jovetic our number 1 target for multiple reasons...

A) He plays for a CL club.

B) He's happy at Fiorentina. He wants to be Fiorentina's very own "Totti". Famous quote of him saying that.

C) He's exactly like Suarez. Whilst they'd be on the same wave length and would be amazing to watch, Jovetic is more a second striker/playmaker than a 'finisher'.

Jovetic and Suarez behind "player X" would be unreal, but we wouldn't be able to get "player X" if we splash it all onto Jovetic.

D) If he was available, like red said, other teams would surely be in for him. Our only chance to get him would be in the winter window where majority of teams are 'static' when it comes to transfers. He would be similiar to Suarez in that sense. And similiar to Suarez, we'd have to pay alot higher than what he's valued as he is a key player at Fiorentina and they're not going to want him league half-way through the season.

Don't think the owners are going to spend too much on a player without a lot of scouting also (our scouts from City just arrived) with the money splashed out on Carroll, Adam, Downing and to an extent, Henderson in the past.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 am

He doesnt play for a CL club, but otherwise your rigth that we'll have a tough time getting him. Also i completely disagree with you that if we get JoJo he wont fix our goalscoring problems since he's not an out and out striker. I believe we have differen views on this, but I think someone similar to Suarez would help the team more than a poacher would. I've explained this in previous posts that a poacher in the middle would limit Suarez's space up top, and handicap his game in a sense. Whereas a similar player, like JoJo, who would be on the same wavelenght as him, would take the attacking load of his shoulders a bit. I truly believe getting a poacher would fix one problem but create another.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 am

Our defence for now is solid enough. There has been defensive mistakes in the past but it looks as if our defenders are adapting to Rodgers style. Reina is still a question mark but I have my faith in him to turn around this slump off form. Jones looks a solid back-up. Don't really need any improvements here in the winter.

Our midfield is one of the better midfields in the league. With Lucas back, we're arguably one of the best. Don't really need to sign yet another midfielder. Could see us being active in this if Henderson is sold, though.

Go higher up the pitch and there's a massive problem. We really should be in the hunt for a player in the final third. Just look at the players around Luis:

-Sterling; 17 with only one goal. Whilst he does have a bright future as a footballer, he really shouldn't be starting every game week in week out.
-Suso is 18 that hasn't scored a senior goal as of yet. A lot like Sterling.
-Downing is so bad Sterling and Suso stole his position. He may have to adapt to a LB role to save his Liverpool career. (Sell him damnit!)
-Assaidi is still adapting to Liverpool. Some good performances in Europa, should be starting in the PL soon. Still need an improvement though.

He has it all to do. We need to find a player that would improve us now but this purely depends on where Rodgers sees Suarez playing in the future.

He has two options in my opinion. Either:

Suarez as an inside forward; where he has more space to roam and freedom to get the ball. In this case, we should be looking for a striker that can score. Simple. Preferably someone on the same wavelength as he.

I want us to exploit the situation with Manchester City's Balotelli, but not too sure if Mario would want to join us. (Already mentioned in the opening post.)

He would be the main striker and would be getting game time regularly - something he struggles to get at City with the likes of Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez and he all fighting for a spot.

OR

Suarez leading the line; to pull the two centre halves out of position and to feed the inside forwards going forward. Would also be our main goal-threat and we would need to find somebody that can take the goalscoring burden off him.

In this sense, I feel we should be getting someone like:

The "next" Jovetic. See the likes of Chadli, Mertens etc. A winger/inside forward that is a goal-threat and can actually score. Or we could even go for Jovetic if a miracle happens and he decides to push for a move. After all, Suarez had it all at Ajax too. Loved the club and CL football. Wink
/getshopesupforaggerswagger

That went longer than expected, and I'm sorry for going all "FM" on you people but it's quite clear we lack quality in the final third. It really should be our number one priority in the summer.

Our scouts should be doing their job as we have games in January and we don't want to spend too much time looking for a player then. Really don't want to see another panic signing either.

I am aware that Borini comes back in January (or after?) but we still need another player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:12 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:He doesnt play for a CL club, but otherwise your rigth that we'll have a tough time getting him. Also i completely disagree with you that if we get JoJo he wont fix our goalscoring problems since he's not an out and out striker. I believe we have differen views on this, but I think someone similar to Suarez would help the team more than a poacher would. I've explained this in previous posts that a poacher in the middle would limit Suarez's space up top, and handicap his game in a sense. Whereas a similar player, like JoJo, who would be on the same wavelenght as him, would take the attacking load of his shoulders a bit. I truly believe getting a poacher would fix one problem but create another.

My mistake. Fiorentina have fallen quite abit (far more than we have). They don't even play Europa this season... but Jovetic is trying to guide his side back into the CL. I'm sure I've seen the quote somewhere.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying Jovetic wouldn't fix our goalscoring problems - I just see him being a lot like Suarez. He would pitch with his own share of goals. I just don't feel Jovetic would be as effective as signing a poacher/goalscorer type for Suarez to work off.

I am in no way against signing Jovetic. I rate him highly as a player. I just don't feel as if we should pursue him as a number one target as I don't see him as a realistic target. He has a brilliant relationship with his club and gets first team football at Fiorentina. He has not publicly come out and said he seeks a footballing career elsewhere. We would have to overpay to get his services and would be invulerable position with the on-going negotiations as Fiorentina wouldn't want to sell which would be a delayed option.

I'm in the belief that we should exploit other problems surrounding player issues at clubs (such as Balo at City - only example that's coming to me at the moment) where we could offer them first team football. We could also target lower known players from "smaller" clubs where they would push for a move and the on-going negotiations would flow a lot quicker meaning we can go back to making football on the pitch our number one objective again.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:36 am

From Fahim's list, I could see us going for Lewis Holtby and/or Honda in the Jan Window.

Honda purely because of PR reasons and trying to get a better relationship with the Asian spectators. He could potentially play Rodgers pass and move philosophy also. Classy player. Also a threat with set pieces and is a creative player in the final third.

Wouldn't really fix our goalscoring problems, though. The only problem would be his wages though, as I'm certain he's getting paid quite abit with his long haul in Russia. After all, he has had the ability to play in a "better" league and was targeted by us and Arsenal in the past. Either the reports were fake or he was getting paid quite a bit he didn't really want to move.

And Lewis Holtby as he was targeted earlier by us and look's like he wants to play in England. Would be available on the cheap. Could play anywhere upfront behind the striker. He's also better than Marco Marin. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:40 am

What about Pukki?? Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 am

Background check on him please.

You know what I'm looking for. Where's he live, his age, occupation etc. Razz

But honestly, havn't watched enough of Schalke to comment on him. He always seems to be an impact sub...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 am

If I personally had a hand on the transfers I would go for these players in the next two transfer windows (and tbh my list is very realistic).

- Jovetic (CF,RF,LF,AM,SS)
- Pukki (CF,RF,LF,SS)
- Griezmann (LW, RW, AM)

If we weren't able to keep Sahin for longer than his loan then

- Benat (CM, AM)

Also if we got rid of both Downing and Enrique

- Cuadrado (Wing Back, Winger on both sides)

All very much possible if we set our sights on it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 am

ynwa wrote:Background check on him please.

You know what I'm looking for. Where's he live, his age, occupation etc. Razz

But honestly, havn't watched enough of Schalke to comment on him. He always seems to be an impact sub...

Sadly Stevens doesn't give him enough game time Sad Every appearance he makes, he contributes in some sort of way (like you said an impact sub). But tbh he's much more than that, if only he was given the chance he'd shine.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:03 am

Can't see Enrique sold, honestly.

Injuries have hampered the start of this campaign. He isn't playing now as we're in no position to rush him. Wisdom is looking solid and Glen Johnson has been one of our player of the seasons thus far imo.

I'm sure he'll do well under Rodgers. Just needs time to get match fit. He can find out a pass and is solid defensively. His only problem last year was in the final thrid but he did well coming off the bench against Reading. He was normally clueless in the final third under Kenny but during the Reading game, he seemed to look up more and found Suarez out numerous times.

There's also other positions to worry before making more problems in the squad. Our defence is solid enough, imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:14 am

Rumor has it (not the one of Adele Razz ) . . . that we are trying to sign Drogba on loan for two months as the Chinese season ends this month . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 am

I doubt he would want to play for any other team in England bar Chelsea, but he would be a great help even for two months until January where we can sign someone and get Borini back.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 am

Some high profile names being linked. . . .

Loic Remy & Christian Eriksen according to Sunday Times.

The Drogba rumors are still solid rumors Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Some high profile names being linked. . . .

Loic Remy & Christian Eriksen according to Sunday Times.

The Drogba rumors are still solid rumors Razz
As stated in my post here a little while back, I think Remy would be the perfect striker to "lead the line" with Rodgers. He has pace, skill on the ball, and he knows where the goal is. He is even quite capable of scoring with his head (to satisfy those proponents of a "Plan B".

However, if we're going after strikers in the mold of Remy, we should really be looking at Aubameyang. The kid has pace to burn, an eye for goal, decent aerial threat, and very nice skill on the ball. He's also still relatively low-profile, which I think will be a big boost to us. He wouldn't command the high price likely for Remy. Moreover, we really don't need another protracted, high-profile transfer saga. Offer Saint Ettienne the money, sign the man, and let's all be home in time for tea, sans drama... (If only it were truly that simple.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next