What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever?

+5
jibers
Le Samourai
The Franchise
The 14th
BarrileteCosmico
9 posters

Go down

What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever? Empty What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 am

Winning 2 euros and a WC consecutively is an unprecedented achievement, albeit on an age where national football is not at its best moment. Would reaching another WC final make them the best ever? Winning it? Would that not be enough?

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever? Empty Re: What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever?

Post by The 14th Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:01 am

Well everybody has their own opinion and own bias and for many, like the brazilians , it would be impossible to place this team over the 1970's brazil for example, but to tell you the truth..

I'm of the believers who declare that the modern generation is the best, in a similar fashion in tennis in which if you'd magically put a team in a different era the more modern team of same relative quality would win because of advancements in many areas. That may change in the future when it comes to the future generations and the current one as i cant imagine yet such big leaps in quality..

Anyways for me because of the squad it self, the way they won, who they won against, and how many times they have won, do make this nt the best ever.

Its modern, it has amazing quality, and its won it all. So in terms of legacy its the best imo. In terms of quality in a relative 1v1 situation, what teams from the past can you honestly say would be able to beat spain nt clearly enough to be put above it?

Theres no way this isnt the overall best imo.

Believe me once its over and as this generation gets older and passes by, its legacy will be enheightened.

The dutch probably think their orange clock or whatever they called it was the best, brazilians probably think of pele's sides..but taking in all arguments this side is the best.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever? Empty Re: What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever?

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 am

Play a better standard of football.

Winning isnt enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

The Franchise wrote:Play a better standard of football.

Winning isnt enough.

Do you think they'll persist with Busquets, Xabi and Xavi again in 4 years. Xavi is the oldest and there's a plethora of attacking midfielders gunning for his spot. That's the main point for me.

Only 2 of those 3 should play and Busquets is obviously not being dropped lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 am

If Xavi comes out and says, he wants to play in Brazil, then he will play and he will start.

4 years, I dont think he will want to be a part of.

I cant say how the team might change 4 years from now, I imagine the coach wont even be the same. But even so, I personally dont believe they will play a higher standard without Xavi than with him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:01 am

This BC character again. Mate there is no Best ffs. Greatest, yes they will have a stronger case but best? Please... Rolling Eyes

There is no way of saying who the best is ffs, can they play Brazil of old, or germany of old? No. They are the best of this era, why not just leave it at that.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Duly noted and I agree, I have changed the title according.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 pm

They already are the greatest ever, end of.

Maybe not the most entertaining, but results speak louder than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:46 pm

I am biased,but the brazil generation of 60-70,that was built around pele, won more and played much more attractive football
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 am

If they win next WC, I won't have a choice but to call them just that out of pure merit, even if their football is coma inducing.

Not happening, though.

Se queda en America. :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 am

They will need to win the world cup in Brazil in 2014 to cement their legacy as the best ever, they already have a claim to be fair but only a moron could argue against it if they did that.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 am

For the record, Spain on form are as good on the eye as any team I`ve seen, their passing is simply mesmerising.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:48 am

What does this Spanish golden generation need to be considered the greatest NT ever?

Lio Messi

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum