Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already!

+28
Valkyrja
CBarca
donttreadonred
Margera
Vibe
The Franchise
Gil
Zero
tonger
rwo power
RealGunner
McLewis
TheRedStag
sportsczy
guest7
Die Borussen
halamadrid2
EarlyPrototype
Swanhends
Abramovich
Mr Nick09
Zealous
Ion Creanga
Forza
Highburied
fatman123
Onyx
urbaNRoots
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already! Empty Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already!

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Hugo has only been at Tottenham since deadline day a couple of weeks ago and he is said to be upset about comments that Villas-Boas made in the press after the Norwich game.

The Tottenham manager was full of praise for Brad Friedel after the American goalkeeper put in one of the best performances in a Tottenham shirt against Norwich which led to the manager saying he is the number one keeper for the season and it is his shirt to lose.

Hugo Lloris has been talking to his French manager, Didier Deschamps, about the current situation and saying that he is unhappy with the comments that Villas-Boas made.

Hugo Lloris has said: 'When I join up with the national team, I concentrate uniquely and we’ll see about my personal situation when I go back,' Lloris said. 'Obviously it is not nice if the coach says he will pick someone else for the first team, but we can see what happens.

'For now, I have to put the situation to one side as France have important matches and I cannot worry about what might happen at my club.'

It also seems that Brad Friedel is not prepared to give away the number one kit for the new signing without a fight.

The 41-year-old American said: 'I feel like I played pretty well in my last game and hopefully I continue to get picked. Right now I believe the shirt is mine to lose.
'I believe the manager came out and said that and if this is the case then it’s a great challenge for me.'

------------------------------------------

Lloris seems pretty upset as he probably thought he had a starting place nailed on when he joined Tottenham. Is Villas-Boas doing right by letting Friedel play? Remember Friedel is in an awesome form at the moment and secured Tottenham a point last match with some nice saves.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already! Empty Re: Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already!

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Ability > form.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already! Empty Re: Hugo Lloris wants talks with Villas-Boas... already!

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

AVBs man managment skills :bow:

cant wait to see things blow up between him and ade, the only good thing this tools has done so far at spuds is get rid of one of the other big egos in vdv
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ability > form.

So you think Friedel deserves to be dropped because he's done everything right? I think Hugo is being ridiculous here, he should fight his place.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Whats with French players recently??

Sagna, Coquelin and now Lloris.

No wonder France sucks these days.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't blame Lloris tbh. He was probably promised the starting spot or at least led to believe he would automatically have the starting spot when he made the decision to move there.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Epl teams spend huge amounts of money, they probably have the best players, but most of the managers are terrible(so it's the England NT)
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 pm

French players are so stuck up it's unbelievable. Just train hard and the coach will play you eventually, in Lloris's case sooner rather than later.

They probably get a lot of pressure from agents/friends/FFF to play all the time or they won't get called up to the national team. Lloris is not the only French player bitching about playing time.

Having said that AVB's man management is probably the worst I've seen in a while among top level coaches.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Bitching must be a french thing :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Suck it up Hugo and prove you are superior banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Spurs shouldn't of bought him if he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:47 pm

A French player causing problems...what a new and unique story
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm

They see me bitchin' they hating......
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Spurs shouldn't of bought him if he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot imo.

No one forced Lloris to sign lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Friedel is 41, he doesn't have that many years left, LLoris will get his chance in due time he just needs to be patient
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 pm

bought a gk for 12 m as an investment for the future he wont be part of

like a boass

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Hugo Lloris is 25 years old, not 20. Why would he want to wait? Besides, he is the better goalkeeper, so again, why should he wait?

Lloris has every right to complain imo. Besides I wouldn't wait in Tottenham either if I was him. He has the quality to start for better clubs that can actually achieve something unlike Spurs.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Lloris wouldn't have gone to spurs if he wasn't told he had the #1 spot immediately. Again, lying to players is the best way to get them upset. Tell them straight up what the deal is and there would be no problems.

It just so happens that sagna, lloris and benzema are top players at their positions in their prime or late prime. Nothing wrong with them wanting to play or get a market rate contract.

Coquelin wants to play too.

If you don't like it, stop buying french players. Sure there are plenty of clubs that want them if you don't lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Deschamps also said he would comment extensively about Lloris after the international break. This one is set to explode. There's another one ticking on France NT too.... But at least in that one, the respect for club is holding things back for now. No such thing with Spurs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Se7en wrote:Hugo Lloris is 25 years old, not 20. Why would he want to wait? Besides, he is the better goalkeeper, so again, why should he wait?

Lloris has every right to complain imo. Besides I wouldn't wait in Tottenham either if I was him. He has the quality to start for better clubs that can actually achieve something unlike Spurs.

because a goalkeepers career doesn't exactly end at the age of 30, lloris is still extremely young for a goalkeeper
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:If you don't like it, stop buying french players. Sure there are plenty of clubs that want them if you don't lol.

If they want to play for a top team they should expect to fight for a place, if they are not good enough then there is no way in hell they should start because the of their desire to play, thats absurd if they are not happy with that i am sure Birmingham City would happily take them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Hm2... Don't lie to them. Lloris was happy to stay at Lyon until next summer. Only reason he moved was because of a promise. In fact, he didn't commit until he had the commitment to him.

Plenty if elite teams want these players. Lyon didn't want to sell to PSG. Benz... He has everyone lining up lol. Sagna has barca, city and man u who want him. Etc.

Coquelin actually said he would compete for the next 6 months (end of the year) and then see how things stand. Nothing wrong with that. He's blocked at Arsenal.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:Hm2... Don't lie to them. Lloris was happy to stay at Lyon until next summer. Only reason he moved was because of a promise. In fact, he didn't commit until he had the commitment to him.

Plenty if elite teams want these players. Lyon didn't want to sell to PSG. Benz... He has everyone lining up lol. Sagna has barca, city and man u who want him. Etc.

Coquelin actually said he would compete for the next 6 months (end of the year) and then see how things stand. Nothing wrong with that. He's blocked at Arsenal.

LLoris only had a year left if i am not mistaken, it was the president's plan all along to chip him out for cash, and also bench>>>>>>sinking ship like Lyon

I just found it abit mind-boggling that someone not only the French should have a spot reserved to them when they start at a team

They should work themselves into the starting eleven, Sagna would be benched in place of Alves, and would compete with Maicon in City he would probably be benched there as well... and thats not because the coach has some sort of grudge towards the players but because the person playing ahead of them are simply better. Llrois is benched until Friedel has a bad game and LLoris impresses... which is what Man U have done with DeGea/Lindergaard

And you know Madrid never want to keep an unhappy player, so if Benz is unhappy i am sure Juve will come calling sometime where he might start every game depending on how he adapts, if he adapts the way he did in our team can't see him starting there either

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Sagna has been so unprofessional with his last interview, its unbelievable.

i dont care how much you are getting paid or how many games youv been told to play.

There's a reason why people sign a contract ffs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Quite frankly Lloris doesn't deserve to start at this very moment. Friedel has been excellent while Lloris is being a cry-baby. Just because he has a bigger name it doesn't mean he has to start ahead of a player who's done nothing wrong so far and is working his ass off. Dunno about Villas-Boas's man management skills but he's doing right in this case. Players these days....
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next