urbaNRoots
iftikhar
Art Morte
11 posters

Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal Empty Liverpool v Arsenal

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Are we so down about the deadline day that no thread for this game Neutral

In 1.5 hours we face Arsenal in a game that both teams really want to win as both are without a league win still. Bring it on!!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal Empty Re: Liverpool v Arsenal

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:03 pm

I'd like to see Sahin and Assaidi get their first minutes, perhaps from the bench. Would be great if Borini scored since we need him firing in goals this season. Should be very interesting to follow the midfield battle between us and Arsenal since that's argueably both teams' strongest area.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Is Agger fit to play!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Cazorla, Arteta, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Podolski.

LFC: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

Mertesacker vs Suarez Laughing

It's in your hands to win it. Neutral
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Cazorla, Arteta, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Podolski.

LFC: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

It's in your hands to win it. Neutral

Nah, man, you've got so much skill in midfield and class in attack that, well, let's just say I'm very very excited to watch this game Very Happy
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Sterling vs Jenkinson Laughing

Diaby vs Gerrard Laughing

I'm predicting 3-0 for Pool.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Not even we're that optimistic Urban cmon Very Happy One thing I know is that i cannot f*cking wait to watch this game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:03 pm

The options we have to.bring on is disgusting
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:10 pm

mr-r34 wrote:The options we have to.bring on is disgusting
Just realizaed that Assaidi isn't even on the bench... :facepalm:

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Absolute joke of a performance from Gerrard and Suarez. Disgusting.

Allen, Sterling and Shelvey our best players by far.

Reina is turning into David James :facepalm:

Our attacking options on the bench ?! f*ck it, rather SAVE ON WAGES.

Rather not talk about FSG, because you know how much I despise those bastards

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't think Rodgers knows what he's doing. Both Allen and Sahin are the same type of players.

Borini would be better on the left as an inside forward.

Gerrard and Suarez are too wasteful. Gerrard should be on the bench.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Schweini wrote:Absolute joke of a performance from Gerrard and Suarez. Disgusting.

Allen, Sterling and Shelvey our best players by far.

Reina is turning into David James :facepalm:

Our attacking options on the bench ?! f*ck it, rather SAVE ON WAGES.

Rather not talk about FSG, because you know how much I despise those bastards

THISSSS

How we let ourselfs not acquire a striker is beyond a joke. When all fails our ONLY attacking option is stewie downing, who scored no goals and had 0 assists in the PL last year.

Gerrard suarez reina :facepalm:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Can we recall a player on loan, serouisly just bruing andy back, we dont have strikers FFS
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Agger our best player by far today. The score would have been far worse had he not been playing. Reina, Skrtel, Johnson, and Enrique were all shite. So many f*cking errors. Gerrard is past it, bench his a$$ and give him garbage minutes. Suarez was complete and utter disappointment today!!! Borini needs to play better, not even living up to his 10mill price tag. BR horrible squad selection. Carra shouldn't even be on the bench. Going into the game with only one attacker on the bench (and that attacker is Downing) :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger our best player by far today. The score would have been far worse had he not been playing. Reina, Skrtel, Johnson, and Enrique were all shite. So many f*cking errors. Gerrard is past it, bench his a$$ and give him garbage minutes. Suarez was complete and utter disappointment today!!! Borini needs to play better, not even living up to his 10mill price tag. BR horrible squad selection. Carra shouldn't even be on the bench. Going into the game with only one attacker on the bench (and that attacker is Downing) :facepalm:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BR had no option bar downing, assadi has never played in the PL, and is prob not match fit, what the hell could of BR done, bring in morgan , its not his fault the admin screwed him over. he is brilliant in my eyes, i hope he doesn't get the wrong side of the stick for what he cant do.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

- Reina's performances are scaring me. After the last two matches (Hearts and Arsenal), I'm beginning wonder if we shouldn't be looking for some legitimate competition in January. He's had a few howlers in the last two matches, and he might've even done better one-on-one with Tevez when Skrtel botched his backpass against City. (The last one is a bit harsh, but after watching it several times, he might've made him work harder and give Coates more time to get back... It's asking a lot of Reina, and perhaps I've been biased by the last two performances. Hindsight being 20/20 and all...)

- Suarez's passing was left lacking quite a bit today. It was far from his usual accuracy (in passing). For some reason, he seemed to be on a different page than most of LFC's attackers.

- Like Suarez, Gerrard seemed a bit off today. He simply didn't connect with his passing and failed to read the runs/movement of the other players. I also think he began to get a bit too direct, attempting to impose himself on Arsenal, after going down 0-1. We swung in crosses towards Suarez... who is 1.81 m (5 ft 11 in) on a good day... It's like they still expect big Andy to be roaming in the middle.

- Allen was his usual classy self in midfield. I'm quickly falling in love with him as a player, and he is precisely the calming influence the LFC midfield needs.

- Sahin really failed to make much of an impact, but I can't judge him too harshly in his first match since preseason.

- Sterling was good again today, as was Shelvey when he came on. Sterling's shot that came off the crossbar was by far our best chance of the match, and Shelvey considerably upped the attacking movement when he came on. These two are bright spots for the future of LFC.

What is both promising and disappointing is that we were the better team today. We controlled the game and shut down Arsenal for the majority of the match. The style Rodgers is looking for is beginning to really show through. It's only in the final third that we run out of ideas.

If Suarez/Gerrard/Borini isn't having a good day, we have no cutting edge. All three were lackluster today, and it showed. The good side is that if they are on, we can beat any team. If they are not, we could fail to break down any team as we did last season. I still think we're playing a bit too directly in the final third. If we can't pass it through, we resort to a cross. That's not the best plan of attack with our current options. Moreover, our best attacking option (Suarez) too often drops deep to receive the ball. If he's going to do that, our wide forwards have to push up, which they didn't do today. I would really like to see Suarez and Borini switch, so that Suarez gets more freedom and Borini gets more chances. (He might have had one shot today, and he's our second best striker.)

I short, we have a long way to go, but the style is beginning to show. Our schedule was always going to be unkind early this season. We simply have to stay patient and endure this rough patch. I still believe things will improve with BR at the helm and with his trademark style. Hopefully, this lackluster start will motivate the players in training over the break instead of destroying their morale.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm not jumping at his jugular, but his squad selection was horrible. He had Carra, Caotes, and KElly all sitting on the bench. WTF!! Why the f*ck does he need all three of them on the bench. At least one other forward/winger should've been on the bench. Assiadi, Pacheco, Morgan, Suso, Yesil.

OH and btw ostracization of Henderson is complete. Where is Red??? I told you so Red :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Sahin didn't impress, as I expected.

As I've said before, everytime he got a appearance for us he was average at best. That said, he missed a whole season and had a knee injury. Can't blame him tbh. It's gonna take awhile for him to start performing for you imo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:01 pm

Horrible. . . Nightmare. . Disgusting. . Ridiculous . . Dismal!

I have run out of words now! ! ! :brickwall: :brickwall:

Not blaming it on BR at all! The guy needs time & the players need to put on the badge they represent & PLAY

And for *bleep* sake! Bring in a BOSMAN striker if there is any! ! ! I MEAN WHO IS GOING TO SCORE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!

Allen :bow: :bow:

Sterling :bow:

Shelvey :bow:

Suarez :brickwall:

Gerrard :brickwall:

Reina Clubber Liverpool v Arsenal 2276801876 :facepalm: :brickwall: affraid :brickwall: :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:16 pm

And when quizzed by reporters following his side’s 2-0 home loss to Arsenal on Sunday, Rodgers refused to deny he is interested signing the 32-year-old

He also admitted that if he realsised the club would not be adding to their attacking options, he would not have allowed former Newcastle front man Carroll to leave the club.

Rodgers said: "Any player that I believe can improve the squad I will look at.

“We have got a very, very small squad with some very young players in it. So I can't say no."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:56 pm

I agree with much of the stuff before this
also as someone pointed out, team selection was also poor...
suarez must play wide, wide, wide Clubber how can anyone go and tell BR :brickwall: and Borini must play as a centre forward...he has to, otherwise that money is waste,
BR must realise from this game that we cant allow team to loose the game just because Gerrard and Suarez both had an off day, so he needs players like assaidi or yesil on the bench, both are pacy and good in counter...
I hope BR is writing something in his stupid notes which he takes all the match,
the only positive is that at least they are able to BR style...looks like liverpool is cursed Evil or Very Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Didn't get to see the match. Had to listen on the radio Embarassed

Actually I've only seen two games so far this season in full. (West Brom :facepalm: & Gomel)

Then one of my tyres blew out on the motor way and I missed about 10 mins of the match. Over all not a good day.....
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum