Brigate Rossonere
flameas
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Roma Manager thread - Page 2 Empty Re: New Roma Manager thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome to Roma Luis.. Cool

Im sure he will do a good job with us...

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

I still believe Roma should of signed a coach more with knowledge on Italian football, but I might be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:41 am

Worst case scenario: Won't do much worse than Montella
Best case scenario: Guardiola's heir has arrived in Italy Afro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 am

I think we need something new - not a old italian coach, who can only say "draw is great, frak this, im going out for a pizza"
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Im happy because he can bring something new to the italian football, and it could turn out to be something big (winning the Scuddeto), also he will bring some fresh blood from Barcelona B, and from our Primavera i hope.Lets see how the transfer campaign will develop.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 pm

ACCOMPANIED

Luis Enrique replaced on the bench Roman Vincenzo Montella, who took over from Claudio Ranieri last February. According to Italian media, Luis Enrique will receive 1.5 million euros per season.

The Spaniard will not take your adventure in Serie A alone. A lack of official confirmation, Ivan de la Peña will be your helper. Rafel also accompany Pol (trainer), the subsidiary psychologist Joaquín Valdés, the 'scouts' Mark Lopez and Robert Moreno (it already worked with him at Barca B) and Toñín exbaloncestista Llorente, who occupy a position 'bridge' between the computer and Roman Policy.

In addition, Luis Enrique would like to incorporate some homegrown Roma Barca as limbo, Montoya, Jonathan Soriano or Oriol Romeu.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Treble in 1st season anyone?

Anyway i think this guy can at least win Roma the Europa league...spanish teams tend to go far in that competition and Roma have the quality to win that cup, so lets go Enrique. Win your first European title, and also Roma's first. Good Luck

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 pm

According to Goal.com you guys are gonna a force to be reckoned with now.

Roma's new coach Luis Enrique - the next best thing to Barcelona's Pep Guardiola

The capital giants are on the verge of appointing Guardiola's successor in the Barca B team - and have landed a man in a similar mould to the Champions League-winning boss
Jun 9, 2011 9:00:00 AM

By Ben Hayward

Former Barcelona B coach Luis Enrique announced yesterday that he has agreed to replace interim boss Vincenzo Montella at Roma, and though at least one notable figure in the Giallorossi hierarchy might have wanted Pep Guardiola himself to be brought in at Trigoria, it seems they have taken on a man of the same mould.

With their target of squeezing into the Champions League spots at the end of last season having not been met, 'L'Aeroplanino' always looked likely to be sent packing, and it is another rookie coach the club's new board have turned to instead. But, there are signs that the new kid on the block has the right kind of pedigree for the role.

Luis Enrique spent eight years as a player at Barcelona and is close friends with the Blaugrana boss. The Asturian took over from Guardiola as coach of Barca B in 2008 and now feels he has taken the team as far as it can go. In reality, he has. After winning promotion to the Second Division in his second season in charge, Luis Enrique led Barca B to a third-placed finish this term. That is the team’s best-ever return, but with promotion to La Liga not permitted (because two teams from the same club are not allowed to compete in the same division), he has decided to move on.

New Roma Manager thread - Page 2 Enk10

On announcing his departure, he claimed he didn’t know what he would be doing next and even spoke of taking a sabbatical – something Pep is also considering after his time at Barca comes to an end.

Enrique and Pep speak regularly and have even taken training together on occasion. Although the former didn’t graduate from the youth system at Barca (he was a product of local club Sporting Gijon and played for Real Madrid before crossing the divide), he always appeared to feel at home with the Barca philosophy as a player.

In four years at Madrid, he scored just 18 goals, a total he matched in his first year at Barca. In total he netted 109 times in 300 appearances.

Hugely competitive, he has participated in a marathon, mountain bike races and other endurance events.

In terms of his coaching style, he has remained true to Barca’s 4-3-3 system and, like Guardiola, uses a high-tempo pressing style to win back possession, urging his players to double up on rivals so they cannot move the ball forward. He has carried on Guardiola’s work with the youths, but many of the starlets have moved up to the first team since then and he has been able to instill his personality on the group.
"He has remained true to Barca's 4-3-3 and, like Guardiola, uses a high-tempo pressing style to win back possession, urging his players to double up on rivals so they cannot move the ball forward."
New Roma Manager thread - Page 2 132632_thumb
Calm and charismatic on the exterior, he can quickly reach boiling point during games and is often seen screaming instructions to his men if they are out of position. He is, nevertheless, popular with the players and the press as well.

The big question mark is whether he will be able to succeed at another club. Luis Enrique closely consulted Guardiola before making his next move (Pep played for Roma, although he spent most of that spell on the bench).

He seems to be a carbon copy of Guardiola in many ways, but the Barcelona philosophy may be harder to imprint on another club, especially in a different league – and with Francesco Totti in the background.

The Roma talisman claimed a while ago that Guardiola could take over at the Stadio Olimpico - and although that hasn’t happened, his club may have landed the next best thing.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:20 am

The BoyWonder wrote:Treble in 1st season anyone?

Anyway i think this guy can at least win Roma the Europa league...spanish teams tend to go far in that competition and Roma have the quality to win that cup, so lets go Enrique. Win your first European title, and also Roma's first. Good Luck

A few questions ..

1 Who are you,like whats your old username ?

2.How can you support both Inter and Roma lol ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:28 am

Good piece here from Football Italia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 9 June, 2011
Blog: The right man for Roma?
The tiki-taka, rondo and more, Scott Fleming reveals what Luis Enrique has to offer Roma. Is his appointment a gamble or an inspired move?

One thing Roma can’t be accused of is a lack of imagination. Whilst the rest of Serie A is engaged in a game of ‘swap the Coach’, recycling the likes of Stefano Pioli, Pierpaolo Bisoli and Marco Giampaolo, La Magica have thought outside the box, plucking Luis Enrique from Barcelona B.

So, is hiring the former Spain international a risk or an inspired move? Perhaps it’s both.

For those Giallorossi fans that bought into the Carlo Ancelotti and Andres Villas Boas speculation, that thought Thomas Di Benedetto’s big money takeover would precipitate a big name appointment, it will be something of an anti climax to see Enrique arrive at Trigoria. He is, after all, a 41-year-old who has never coached at senior level in Italy or elsewhere, whose only prior experience is with a B team.

Then again, Barcelona B isn’t any old B team. It was there that Pep Guardiola honed his craft, and in the three years since he left the ‘Mini Estadi’ he’s collected 10 trophies and masterminded the rise of what many consider the greatest club side in football history.

Of course, moving to a new club in a new country is more complicated than simply moving across the road like Guardiola did. The Eternal City has its own unique football culture, where newcomers are intensely scrutinised by media and tifosi alike. However, it shouldn’t hold any fears for a man who has in the past transferred directly from Real Madrid to Barcelona.

Enrique will bring with him the tiki-taka, the short passing game that underpins Barca’s philosophy, the rondo, a version of piggy in the middle that teaches young players the importance of ball retention, and some of his favourite pupils from Barcelona B, with Jeffren, Oriol Romeu, Martin Montoya and Jonathan Soriano all linked with moves to Rome.

Jeffren, the young Venezuelan who put the cherry on the top of Barca’s famous 5-0 win over Real last November, might be the only recognisable name, but Romeu and Montoya are very highly regarded youngsters and Soriano is a 25-year-old forward whose remarkable 32 goal haul earned him the Segunda Division’s Pichichi award last season.

The Gijon native has already outlined his philosophy with great gusto. “I practice attacking football, a spectacular brand designed to entertain and attract people to the stadium. People still don’t know me in Italy, but I’ll erase the doubts and at the end of the season we will look at the facts.”

Is it possible to import an ideology though? Barcelona isn’t just Guardiola or Leo Messi, it’s La Masia, Barcelona B and much more. Can Roma hope to construct their own super power simply by removing one cog from the Blaugrana’s war machine? Time will tell.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

The Fonz wrote:

A few questions ..

1. I was a lurker on the old forum, but after it closed down and this site was created i thought ''why not register and post sometimes?''

2. Apart from the past 5 years Inter and Roma aren't really ''Rivals'', so it's not that wierd to support both teams. Ronaldo made me interested in Inter, and Spalletti made me fall for Roma. So I like both clubs---although I am not really a hardcore fan, but these 2 teams are the only ones that really interests me.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Friday 10 June, 2011
What to expect from the new Roma

New Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has revealed the club’s plans for the future under Thomas Di Benedetto and discussed the transfer market.

Sabatini held a Press conference earlier today in which he explained what direction the club would be taking once American businessman Di Benedetto officially takes control of the outfit.

“I don’t like to talk about projects as they don’t exist in football. All that exists is working on a daily basis,” the official noted.

“We know what we want to do and we’ll do it. Di Benedetto wants to win the championship and he says we will, but that won’t happen straight away.”

Sabatini has been asked to construct a new side, but he confirmed that he will soon be joined by Franco Baldini – a former Roma employee who currently assists Fabio Capello with England.

“I asked the club for a one year contract and that is what they gave me. I shouldn’t be a weight for this club. They need to be in a position to decide and choose agreements if we work well.

“Baldini will be here in the next few months once he has resolved his contract with England. As soon as he is free then he will return to Rome.”

One of the first decisions which has already been made by the evolving Giallorossi is the appointment of Luis Enrique as Coach.

“We got Luis Enrique because we want to play a different type of football. It’s something new and a courageous choice, but a choice that I would make again,” Sabatini added.

“We monitored dozens of Coaches, including the likes of Klopp, Garcia, Pioli and Giampaolo – all of whom are excellent, but Luis Enrique accepted and he was our first choice.

“He is not inferior to Porto’s Villas Boas.”

With the managerial issue now resolved, Sabatini will turn his attention to buying and selling to make the team stronger.

“Luis is very happy with the squad as it is now, although it is obvious that he has asked for changes,” he continued.

“The problem for Roma is not the value of the players, but the age of them. We’ll look to lower the average age of the side.

“I’ve not been given a budget, I’ve been given a freedom to work on the market. We’ll talk in the next few days to understand what we can do.”

Roma have been linked with River Plate’s Argentine youngster Erik Lamela.

“I admit that he is an excellent player and that I would like to bring him here. If he doesn’t arrive though then I will sign somebody like him.”

Turning to players who could be sold, Sabatini discussed the futures of Mirko Vucinic, Jeremy Menez and Marco Borriello.

“Vucinic is a great player. I need to speak with him, also about his positioning on the pitch. We’ll have a Coach with a specific system that the players will have to adapt to.

“Menez will have to accept that the Coach will use him in a certain way. If he does that then he will stay.

“Borriello is a problem. He’s a very good player. Last season was split into two for him – very good at the start and then less so. I’ll need to discuss things with him.”

The former Palermo official also commented on Roma icons Daniele De Rossi, who is after a contract extension, and Francesco Totti.

“De Rossi has to stay. Roma are certainly stronger with him,” Sabatini said.

“Totti will be at the centre of the project. Roma will be modelled around him. Totti is timeless, he’s like the light over the rooftops of Rome. The light still goes on, spreads.

“He had been painted as tired and lame, but he goes on the pitch and weakens the opposition. He is the captain and will make an important contribution to building the future of this club.”

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 pm

New Roma Coach Luis Enrique is taking a tour of the Trigoria training ground with his staff today.

The former Barcelona B boss arrived at the Leonardo da Vinci airport this morning and was taken out through a back exit to avoid the throng of fans and media.

He travelled to the Trigoria training ground for a tour of the facilities that he will be taking over with four members of his staff.

They include assistant manager Ivan De La Pena, a former Lazio midfielder.

Luis Enrique also met with new director of sport Walter Sabatini, who was presented to the media this afternoon.

Luis Enrique is set to sign a two-year contract worth €1.6m per season with an option for a third.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

A few questions ..

1. I was a lurker on the old forum, but after it closed down and this site was created i thought ''why not register and post sometimes?''

2. Apart from the past 5 years Inter and Roma aren't really ''Rivals'', so it's not that wierd to support both teams. Ronaldo made me interested in Inter, and Spalletti made me fall for Roma. So I like both clubs---although I am not really a hardcore fan, but these 2 teams are the only ones that really interests me.

I see ,well then welcome to the forums and i hope to see you posting in here more often... Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Friday 10 June, 2011
Luis Enrique: 'Forza Roma'

Luis Enrique has presented himself to the Roma fans. “I am ambitious and I’m here to excite the supporters. Forza Roma.”

The former Barcelona B tactician has signed a two-year contract, took a tour of the Trigoria training ground and met with captain Francesco Totti this morning.

“I don’t make many promises. I salute the fans and note Roma wanted to send a different signal by hiring me,” he told Roma Channel.

“I don’t see football in any way other than to be ambitious. I hope to achieve many great things.

“It will be my first year working in a club like this. I’m here to excite the supporters and make them happy.

“I hope the fans can be proud of the fact we’ll always give our best. Forza Roma.”

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:42 am

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 am

If only Gifs had sound, that first vid would be perfect for Roma fans...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:50 pm

I am glad this is finally done, now the attentuin can be turned towards some top quality players.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Principino Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:03 pm

risky buisness
Il Principino
Il Principino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 am

Europa League does not count as treble.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:20 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Yes it does...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Tell that to Porto
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down