BeautifulGame
rwo power
Kaladin
Swanhends
Art Morte
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Football agents - Evil behind scenes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Football agents - Evil behind scenes?

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Agents are ruining the game with their greed

Fifa needs to do something

Mendes, Raiola etc fill their clients with poisonous ideas only because they want to get the hefty commission that comes with the moves

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Football agents - Evil behind scenes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Football agents - Evil behind scenes?

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:14 pm

But who is actually at fault here? the agents or the clubs who entertain them?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Agents are ruining the game with their greed

Fifa needs to do something

Mendes, Raiola etc fill their clients with poisonous ideas only because they want to get the hefty commission that comes with the moves
If a club doesn't want to sell they won't. If a player doesn't want to move he won't. They might push but at least the agents are more on the players side than the club, in most cases.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Pogba does not move to Utd if it wasn't for Raiola, I am certain of that. The only winner in that marriage was Raiola. ADM does not join Utd if not for Mendes. Ozil does not leave if not for his agent. Ronaldo doesn't become muy triste if it wasn't for Mendes. There are many examples like that

No way in hell does Moutinho join Wolves when he did if it wasn't for his agent

In most cases the agents get a fat commision. They are happy. The clubs lose out and the players do too

There are some clubs that take no shit from agents like Bayern for example and some that stay away but in the majority of times nobody wins apart from the agent
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:37 pm

How does the players lose when they get paid enough money for their family to be well-off for generations?

A football career is relative short and they should at least get something out of it. Not all players get paid like superstars.

Great agents can get their mid-tier and low-tier clients paid. I don't see how that's evil at all.

If I was a footballer I'd love to have Raiola as an agent. I'd be comfortable with him getting me paid fully while I can focus on my own job.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:38 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Pogba does not move to Utd if it wasn't for Raiola, I am certain of that. The only winner in that marriage was Raiola. ADM does not join Utd if not for Mendes. Ozil does not leave if not for his agent. Ronaldo doesn't become muy triste if it wasn't for Mendes. There are many examples like that

Were you party to those conversations? How do you know?

And were any of them actual bad career moves? On paper they all worked, what happens once you're at the club is different, but you seem to be mad because Mendes convinced all these players they could be payed better elsewhere, which they were, rather than accept their due from Perez' whims.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Every deal becomes more and more complicated with agent A, B and C needing to get paid. Absolutely killing the transfermarket

I get the players maybe getting better deals at other clubs. But how much better? And at what cost. Lets not pretend like footballers even the lower tier omes dont make a fortune, and their longevity has increased too so one can't claim they have to retire at 30 anymore. Players play into their 40s these days

Most of these players live to regret it later. Ozil has repeatedly claimed he made a mistake leaving RM and that he did leave thanks to his greedy agent giving him bad advice

I don't agree that these agents are have theit clients' best interests at heart or they wouldn't be getting them into tax evasion and money laundering.

Though if i am honest I'll probably need an agent when i go asking for a rise at work
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Pogba does not move to Utd if it wasn't for Raiola, I am certain of that. The only winner in that marriage was Raiola. ADM does not join Utd if not for Mendes. Ozil does not leave if not for his agent. Ronaldo doesn't become muy triste if it wasn't for Mendes. There are many examples like that

Were you party to those conversations? How do you know?

And were any of them actual bad career moves? On paper they all worked, what happens once you're at the club is different, but you seem to be mad because Mendes convinced all these players they could be payed better elsewhere, which they were, rather than accept their due from Perez' whims.

Some of them have mentioned it. Some you can sense it from their body language and some you just know. Nobody will be able to convince me Moutinho wanted to join Wolves over Spurs, never. Wolverhampton is a bloody dump. It's like Semedo joining Alaves over Sevilla Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm sorry hala, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

I agree that agents care more about money than anything else, and that agents like Raiola and Mendes have made football worse and contributed to the inflation (I actually hate football agents with a passion). However, I always say that at the end of the day they remain their clients' mouthpiece. Which means they legally can't say anything without their client's approval. Which means everything they do and say was already greenlighted by the players themselves. So yeah, agents are evil, but they are only doing the dirty work that their clients wanted to do but can't for various reasons (public image, advertising contracts, ...).

Also, we as Madrid fans have really no legs to stand on when it comes to discussing inflation because Real Madrid is the real culprit of the current transfer market inflation. They broke the world record 5 or 6 times to land their targets and nobody had a problem with it. It only became a problem when richer and more powerful owners came along and offered more money than Madrid. And that's when FFP came magically into being.

Now to circle back to the names you mentioned, there are some inaccuracies there. Ozil wasn't sold because his agent told him to, Perez sold him to balance the books after buying Bale.

And as much as I hate Raiola, Pogba should be the one to blame for the move because Raiola wouldn't have tried to make the move if Pogba had told him he wanted to stay put. It was Pogba's greed that destroyed his career, not Raiola.

ADM tried to negotiate a better contract after his stellar season with Madrid but Perez refused and so he asked to leave and he was allowed to. You know as well as I do that in most cases Madrid doesn't keep players against their will.

Bottom line is, agents are just opportunists who prey on mega-deals and big, fat commission. But the thing to remember here is, they are merely displaying their clients' true intentions. Think of them as mirrors into the players' mind. What you see from them is the manifestation of the player's own will.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Lets see how this Semedo one goes, I doubt it will happen, it would be too obvious prove that the agent and club owner do the deal for their own benefit only. If it does happen I hope the authorities somehow find them out, although Im sure they also get bribed into ignoring it though Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Football players are like most people... they want the $$$.  It used to be that the elite clubs could pay the most.  No longer the case.  So you're going to see top players play a little bit everywhere now.

I think it's a good thing.

@Pogba. He's a Man U youth player. He honestly wanted to go home if he couldn't play for Real Madrid. The issue was that cancer of a coach that is Mourinho now. Remember that Martial was also considered junk under Mourinho. So was Shaw and Rashford. What a horrible manager.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2