Yuri Yukuv
halamadrid2
Swanhends
10 posters

Go down

Platini is a retard Empty Platini is a retard

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:36 am

Thinks goal line officials have been a success
Against the use of goal line technology - Actual quote: "I am against the advent of technology." Laughing :facepalm: Laughing :facepalm: Laughing
Wants to Expand the Euros to 24 Teams

Newest example: Wants Euro 2020 to take place not in one or two countries, but in 16 different cities in 16 different countries across Europe :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited by BhritanniaBhlue on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Platini is a retard Empty Re: Platini is a retard

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 am

that last one wow

how will they bid to be able to host it looool

Also there are only 17 countries in the EU, so basically during a meeting they can all discuss how successful their city will make a specific game rather than talk Economy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

I like his thinking

SAY NO TO TECHNOLOGY
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 am

It sounds clichéd, but I have to say that he is completely out of touch. UEFA and FIFA imagine the football world to be this idealistic thing that is separate from the real world. It's about time they joined the dots.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Thinks goal line officials have been a success
Against the use of goal line technology - Actual quote: "I am against the advent of technology." Laughing :facepalm: Laughing :facepalm: Laughing

Newest example: Wants Euro 2020 to take place not in one or two countries, but in 16 different cities in 16 different countries across Europe :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last proposal makes economical sense (maybe 10+ countries is too much thoguh). It is a waste a of resources to do a big event like Euros, WC or Olympic games in a single country. The amount of expenditure in infraestructure that will (barely) never be used again is unreal and against any logic.

Don't get me started on the goal line technology: it's a joke that they are reluctant.

I don't know what to think about expanding the euros. My concern is about international breaks and so many friendlies, the tournaments are ok.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 am

free_cat wrote:

Last proposal makes economical sense (maybe 10+ countries is too much thoguh). It is a waste a of resources to do a big event like Euros, WC or Olympic games in a single country. The amount of expenditure in infraestructure that will (barely) never be used again is unreal and against any logic.

Don't get me started on the goal line technology: it's a joke that they are reluctant.

I don't know what to think about expanding the euros. My concern is about international breaks and so many friendlies, the tournaments are ok.

Having it in 16 different countries totally ruins the spectacle though

The atmosphere of the Euros is great because fans of multiple different teams are all mixing together in a handful of cities

Having it so spread out would totally kill the mood

Last edited by BhritanniaBhlue on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 am

1. Goal-line tech must be introduced.

2. 24 countries doesn't sound good at the Euros - but we haven't seen it yet, so let's give it a chance I guess.

3. I find his suggestion of 10+ host countries / cities worth considering. Small nations like Finland can never host an Euro tournament because there aren't stadiums for that nor does it make any sense to build them here. But if we had a few matches in Helsinki it would be feasible.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 am

Yes, Platini is batshit crazy and us Madridistas have known this for a long time Laughing the sooner he GTFOs the better.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:21 am

FIFA cares only about commercilisation of the football industry, they dont care about quality if it doesnt bring profits
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:21 am

Art Morte wrote:1. Goal-line tech must be introduced.

2. 24 countries doesn't sound good at the Euros - but we haven't seen it yet, so let's give it a chance I guess.

3. I find his suggestion of 10+ host countries / cities worth considering. Small nations like Finland can never host an Euro tournament because there aren't stadiums for that nor does it make any sense to build them here. But if we had a few matches in Helsinki it would be feasible.

I dont think anyone would have a problem with having something like "Euros Scandinavia" with like Norway/Sweden/Finland/Denmark etc

But Platini's suggestion is having games so spread out that you have people playing in Glasgow and Belgrade or what have you in the same "tournament" is beyond stupid IMO
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am

Platini said in an interview, he was drinking vodka in Ukraine. This explains many things pirat
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

I dont think anyone would have a problem with having something like "Euros Scandinavia" with like Norway/Sweden/Finland/Denmark etc

But Platini's suggestion is having games so spread out that you have people playing in Glasgow and Belgrade or what have you in the same "tournament" is beyond stupid IMO

I think it's a good idea for various reasons:

1- No need to spend billions in new stadiums every single Euro/WC.
2- Possibility to get many more countries/cities involved.
3- Possibility to place games in neutral venues close to both countries (eg Spain vs. Germany being played in a French Stadium) so the public and revenue is maximized.

I don't care much about the atmosphere to be honest. Never been to a Euro and 99,9% of people watches from TV not goes to the stadium. I think that the only thing it would kill this format is the "national pride" and home advantadge of the hosting nation/s.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

I agree that not any one team should be playing their games all over Europe, but maybe something like this could work:

- Group stage games: One group plays in one part of Europe, for instance A in Finland & Sweden, B in England & Scotland, C in Portugal & Spain, D in Bulgaria & Serbia.

- Knock-out stages: all teams move to Central Europe where rest of the matches are played, for instance Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Slovakia.

Teams would have only one long-distance move, that from Group Stage regions to Knock-out Stage regions. As for the fans, it wouldn't be that different from this Euro, for example. You can catch all of your teams Group Stage games in two neighbouring countries. If you want to be attend your teams' games if they make it to the Knock-Out Stages then you'd need to travel a longer distance to the Knock-out Stage countries, which would all be in the same area. I think it's worth considering. But obviously it can be implemented in a completely horrible way, too, and be a disaster.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Almost no one goes to all matches in a Euro/WC. And if they can pay to go all matches, it doesn't matter if they have to travel for every game.

For the teams it's not big deal. They are already making 2-3 travels in 2 countries Euros, WC, it would be the same.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
free_cat wrote:

The atmosphere of the Euros is great because fans of multiple different teams are all mixing together in a handful of cities

Sure it would ruin the spectacle for those physically there... But Poland spent 20 billion euro on things they won't really use much (or ever again), Ukraine spent 10 billion euro. For second world countries like these is it ethically correct for them to spend billions on a party? Billions they could use for school and hospitals.

As for goal line technology, i'm just sure Platini and co. are protecting their intere$t$
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm

If platini is not impeached..

I forsee many top FA's quitting FIFA and UEFA and forming their own federation
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:43 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Sure it would ruin the spectacle for those physically there... But Poland spent 20 billion euro on things they won't really use much (or ever again), Ukraine spent 10 billion euro. For second world countries like these is it ethically correct for them to spend billions on a party? Billions they could use for school and hospitals.

As for goal line technology, i'm just sure Platini and co. are protecting their intere$t$

This + it wouldn't even ruin the atmosphere for people going to the tournament actually.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down