II Capitano
Grande_Milano
Le Samourai
altobelli
juventus101
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why all the Podolski hate? Empty Why all the Podolski hate?

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:38 am

Whats with all the Podolski hate? He had a bad gamr against Denmark and a bad second half against Portugal, but besides that was great. And he was only bad against the Netherlands cause he was clearly instructed to help Lahm out defsnsively against Robben. Against Denmark he was man of the match, against Portugal in the first half he was very dangerous, nearly scoring on more than one occasion, and againzt Italy he was great, constabtly earning something pretty much evrry time he got the ball, whether it was a corner or a goalscoring chance, not to mention some nice dribbles. People are saying theres better players on the bench or his time for Germany is done or Schurrle should staft blah blah blah. Schurrle hasnt donr anything. Muller hasnt done anything. Kroos hasnt done anything. Hes been on the same level as Reus, if not better. Podolski is much better off as a central striker but is still outperforming Schurrle, Muller, and Kroos. Its clear that hes not gonna score a goal every other game any more because hes pushed out wide now, not to mention putting him on the left when hes completely left footed just makes it even more difficult to score. But hes still excellent at build up play and creating chances, and being clinical in front of goal when he does get his chances. Its clear that the starting midfield trio should be Podolski-Ozil-Reus. Also, i dont think Klose and Poldi have been on the field at the same time at all throughout the Euro, which just hurts both of them, as they have excellent chemistry. So whats with the hate? I say hes still a definite ztarter.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why all the Podolski hate? Empty Re: Why all the Podolski hate?

Post by altobelli Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am

Who is Podolski? A juourneyman in 2006 and a journeyman in 2010 and a juorneyman in 2012. Germany does not have any world class players really. Just a bunch of hype in my opinion.

altobelli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:03 am

Are you serious?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by altobelli Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 am

juventus101 wrote:Are you serious?
juventus101 wrote:Are you serious?

Yes. I am not impressed.

altobelli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 am

You lost because you dropped big game Tomas :coffee:

Anyway, I'm guessing people feel as though there are people more deserving of a starting place than Podolski , who has hardly been in the limelight in recent years despite being in relatively good form.

Reus had a brilliant season so did Goetze.

Tomas is Tomas, hopefully Loew now understands that he is untouchable, better yet, forget this Klose, Gomez garbage, move him to CF.Same goes for whoever is Bayern's manager next season :coffee:

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 am

Yep, despite all the funny "Godolski" stuff on forums, he isnt smth special. He performs for NT, once in 2 years, as a club player he is quite a disappointment
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 am

He performs excellent for both the national team and at club level. Who else couldve carried a team by himself, scoring almost 20 goals and had tons of assists in a team that got relegated (unfortunately)? I would actually like to try Muller at CF, but i dknt think its gonna happen. But whose more deserving than Poldi? Muller, no. Reus, no. Schurrle, hell no. Podolski is the bsst wide player Germany has, even though hes not actually a wide player, but can be used there effectively. Gotze can bd used wide too, but is better centrally, has just come off a season where he was injured for a very long time, and is not enough of a goal threat. Podolski is untouchable in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 am

Podolski has had a shockingly poor tournament. For a player that normally shines when it comes to national team football, he has let himself down with easily his worst run in the national side for a while, which says it all. However, please do not forget that it's not entirely Podolski's fault for his shortcomings in Euro 2012. Players like Gomez, Ozil, and Schweinsteiger haven't exactly set the stage alight. Gomez doesn't possess the overall ability Klose does, despite having better movement, Ozil has had one brilliant game against Greece but has been substandard for the rest, although he has been Germany's best attacking player, and Schweinsteiger has suffered because of the injury he picked up at the end of last season.

It will be interesting to see where Wenger deploys him. With Koln, he played as a striker and even as an attacking midfielder, where he scored a lot of goals (around 15 Bundesliga goals or more, I can't remember), along with some brilliant performances. I suppose he'll play as a left winger, but playing behind van Persie is also a possibility.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 am

smoking not reliable enough , i dont hate him though just rate him exactly the same as vucinic
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 am

For all those problems though, such as Gomez stafting over Klose who has much better build up play and chemistry, especially with Poldi, and Schweini fighting an injury and being way below his usual standards, he still did decent. Poldis only rsally BAD game was against ths Netherlands, but thats bdcause he was clearly instructdd to help Lahm defend Robben. His second half against Portugal was pretty bad too, but his games against Italy and Denmark especially were great. I guess peopld are just used to Poldi being godly for the national team? Well, put him centrally and youd get that. He has been below his usual standards, but still great in my opinion and still untouchable.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 am

Podolski has been crap for nt for 2 years now,it's about time critics hit him.it's reus' time to start
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 am

Well I don't know what you were watching then.

I hardly noticed him all tournament. When I did I thought he was pretty poor. Although I didn't see the game against Denmark so I can't comment on that one.

He was just very meh all around and that's the reason for the hate. For a guy that usually is very good for the national team, he didn't really show up.

Thought this was funny though...

He had a bad gamr against Denmark

then not more than 2 sentences later

Against Denmark he was man of the match
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 am

I wrote he had a bad game against Denmark? If so, i meant the Netherlands. Against Denmark he was man of the match and against Italy he was also.pretty good. Yes, not up to his usual standards, but saying hes crap for 2 years and that he should bd dropped is a joke. Still better than Reus, Schurrle, and Muller for sure. Still say Podolski is untiuchable and i believe he'll show that again soon enough.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36 am

Poldi was not any worse than any of the other German forwards.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Poldi was not any worse than any of the other German forwards.

against italy? sure, because the only other forward was white heskey

over the entire tournament? klose, reus, hell even schurrle were better
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 am

There's all this Podolski hate because Ballotelli is becoming the new Deity of GL.

Speaking bad about Poldi is not blasphemy anymore.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 am

but i just converted to podolskianity to feel like i belong here vagi
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RQ12 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:21 am

Can't help but think this is some sort of joke...

Firstly he's not motm vs denmark I'm sure agger was.
He had only one decent match in the entire tournament vs the weakest opponents possible.
Secondly he was piss poor vs holland & portugal and even worse vs italy.
Thirdly he is such crap I forgot if he even featured in their Greece match!

Lastly he is greatest flop of the euro's considering people hype him up so much, he flopped hard at this stage.

RQ12
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Yep, despite all the funny "Godolski" stuff on forums, he isnt smth special. He performs for NT, once in 2 years, as a club player he is quite a disappointment
He was actually on fire last season in the Bundesliga, and Low wouldn't have selected him if he didn't look good in training. His inclusion was completely justified, even if he maybe wasn't as good as previous years.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

As a club player Podolski's a disappointment? Dude, he's one of the top scorers in the league, yet while surrounded by mostly mediocre players and a shit coach.

He had been pretty meh for the NT, agreed, but then again Germany as a whole hasn't been as dominant as usual. Plus Schwein in shit form, and all.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Uh, no, Podolski won man of the match for.both Goal.com and UEFA themself. Agger son it for ESPN, but thats far less credible. He also didnt play against Greece and was very good against Italy. He created something litdrslly every time he had the ball, whether it was a one-two with Lahm, a goalscoring chance, a corner kick, or a nice dribble. Avai.zt Nethrrlands he was poor but he wss clearly instructed to help Lahm out defensi ely against Robben. Avainst Portugal he had a good first half but was totally quiet in the second. Overall, he was definitely below his usual standards, but still had a decent tournament. Certainly should not be replaced, much lszz by Muller, Kroos, or Schurrle, who were all worse than Poldi. Poldis still an untouchable in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Eman wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Yep, despite all the funny "Godolski" stuff on forums, he isnt smth special. He performs for NT, once in 2 years, as a club player he is quite a disappointment
He was actually on fire last season in the Bundesliga, and Low wouldn't have selected him if he didn't look good in training. His inclusion was completely justified, even if he maybe wasn't as good as previous years.

he is one of a many, I would rate him slightly behind/equal to Cassano level. And with all respect towards Cassano, he isnt an extraodinary player, good but not excellent

Last edited by Grande_Milano on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm

After two long years of undeserved Podolski worship, he surely deserves some hate considering the below average Euro he has had.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm

free_cat wrote:After two long years of undeserved Podolski worship, he surely deserves some hate considering the below average Euro he has had.

according to your logic

Benzema should be hated..

Pique should be beheaded

Young should be castrated

Cech should have his skins removed and his eyes fed to Vampires
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 pm

aleumdance wrote:
free_cat wrote:After two long years of undeserved Podolski worship, he surely deserves some hate considering the below average Euro he has had.

according to your logic

Benzema should be hated..

Pique should be beheaded

Young should be castrated

Cech should have his skins removed and his eyes fed to Vampires

You've been here half a year and you're trying to argue with free_cat :S
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum