Valkyrja
Le Samourai
Bellabong
Onyx
viepr149
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said Empty Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said

Post by viepr149 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Ozil hype needs to stop...I can`t believe people compare this guy to Zidane.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said Empty Re: Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm

He's still young and I don't think he had bad game. He can definitely improve.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said Empty Re: Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm

mtfootball wrote:I don't think he had bad game.

He was at fault for the first goal
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Not his fault.

First they move him to the right for Kroos.

Then they move him to the left for Reus.

Well done :bow:

At fault for the first goal? Hummels gets turned like a amateur but Ozil is at fault lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 pm

But to compare the guy to Zidane is a little much. Zidance was a totally different player then Ozil.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
First they move him to the right for Kroos.

Kroos and Özil kept swapping. so RM fans need to stop using that arguement. Whoever was playing CAM today had a duty, and when Kroos was in the centre he fulfilled it, when Özil was in the centre he didn't and it led to the first goal.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

He was Germany's best player by far.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Barcelona trolls in 3...2...1...
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm

No he wasn't. Reus and Khedira were.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Özil is still one of the finest playmakers in the world, one game won't alter this fact. Football is a team game and one can not attribute the failure of the German midfield and attack simply to one player, even if he stands as their leader. Not knowing Loew's tactical instructions, I am reluctant to point fingers, however he set up his team poorly both to contain the Italian midfield, hold possession and stretch our team. An attack without width truly restricted the space in which he was able to conduct the flow of German possession, the German attack offered little in the way of off the ball runs and overlapping and the staleness of a team that looked disheartened can not simply be attributed to Özil.

That he was outshone by an absolutely legendary central midfielder too is no shame. This is a failure for the entire German team, one which was deeper, fitter and I would argue more talented than this Italian side, however it is one that must be prescribed to many factors, not simply the shortcomings of individual defenders or their chief playmaker.

Comparisons to Zidane you may object to, I don't think it's relevant enough to go into this now, however the praise for Özil is entirely justified in comparison to his peers. There are very, very few players in world football who I would prefer to have in my midfield.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I agree, he is very very different from Zidane though.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 pm

He was Germany's best player today. The rest of the team and Löw let him down.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Don Pirlo :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm

If somebody turns this into a picture meme you will have my worthless +1 vote and my respect. :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Out of all the players to blame you choose Ozil....The one who was put in the awkward position of having to play on the wing to accommodate Kroos?

Not Badstuber not getting close to Balotelli for the header, not Hummels for getting turned inside-out like a t-shirt by Cassano, not Badstuber and Hummels again for going missing on Balotelli's second goal....Not Schweinsteiger (wait did he play in the game?)

you choose...........Ozil?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 am

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67pe7MW4i1ru2jjto1_500.jpg

:bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 am

dostoevsky wrote:Özil is still one of the finest playmakers in the world, one game won't alter this fact. Football is a team game and one can not attribute the failure of the German midfield and attack simply to one player, even if he stands as their leader. Not knowing Loew's tactical instructions, I am reluctant to point fingers, however he set up his team poorly both to contain the Italian midfield, hold possession and stretch our team. An attack without width truly restricted the space in which he was able to conduct the flow of German possession, the German attack offered little in the way of off the ball runs and overlapping and the staleness of a team that looked disheartened can not simply be attributed to Özil.

That he was outshone by an absolutely legendary central midfielder too is no shame. This is a failure for the entire German team, one which was deeper, fitter and I would argue more talented than this Italian side, however it is one that must be prescribed to many factors, not simply the shortcomings of individual defenders or their chief playmaker.

Comparisons to Zidane you may object to, I don't think it's relevant enough to go into this now, however the praise for Özil is entirely justified in comparison to his peers. There are very, very few players in world football who I would prefer to have in my midfield.

Your pic :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 am

He is just an over hyped mediocre player , Montolivo>>Ozil
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:He is just an over hyped mediocre player , Montolivo>>Ozil

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said Not_sure_if_serious
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 am

Wow, what a stupid thread made by a clearly clueless poster.

Perhaps the "outshine Pirlo" part would have been wrong, but any hype Ozil gets is worth it.

The guy oozes class, he's easily one of the best play makers today.

This is like Iniesta having a bad game (Ozil didn't even play that bad lol, not worse than his team mates at least) and then saying "the iniesta hype needs to stop, he's not even that good"

Perhaps I'm coming off as crass, but I just find threads like this kinda funny.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 am

CBarca wrote:Wow, what a stupid thread made by a clearly clueless poster.

Perhaps the "outshine Pirlo" part would have been wrong, but any hype Ozil gets is worth it.

The guy oozes class, he's easily one of the best play makers today.

This is like Iniesta having a bad game (Ozil didn't even play that bad lol, not worse than his team mates at least) and then saying "the iniesta hype needs to stop, he's not even that good"

Perhaps I'm coming off as crass, but I just find threads like this kinda funny.

I dont see any of the class you are talking aout , all i saw yet is a guy who is nither a ball winner , nor has a high vision , nor is the best dribller nor is a good finisher , his free kick sucks as well (He doesnt even get a chance to take one) , even at Real Madrid i can see pepe is doing a better job finding Ronaldo at space
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:38 am

You're either a very deluded fan or you're a troll.

Either way, it would be counter-productive to discuss with you, wouldn't it be? Congrats on the win today though. What are you doing on GL? You should be celebrating, man.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 am

hmm anyways comparing him with likes of Zidane is just a mistake , he is no where close to his hype
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 am

Ozil has no vision Laughing
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 am

people seriously have no clue. These Games are decided by small things. if Germany scores early, wich they had the opportunity to, than we Most likely See a completely different game and im Not saying Germany would've necessarily won. its Not like italy were completely dominating nor was pirlo an super outstanding figure, he had a good Game just like the whole italian Team.
now the "i told you so" and "they were overrated from the beginning" crowd talks the usual bs. "they lost the First in 16 consecutive competetive Games, they must suck"

Show some class :facepalm:
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum