How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot?

+17
billionmillion
messixaviesta
Harmonica
free_cat
Jonathan28
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
FilthyLuca
Donuts
danyjr
CBarca
harhar11
The Franchise
billy_gr
Kick
The Sanchez
BarcaKizz
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot? Empty How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot?

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 am

Just today... I was watching and thinking how good this guy would be if he could shoot like CR7 or Messi.

He is probably the best technician in the world, maybe one of the best of all time. He creates space where there isn't any. Quite simply, the man is a genius. What can't he do? Shoot. His shot is bloody pathetic half the time.

Over the years watching Barca it has always frustrated me how pathetic we are from the edge of the area (both for Xavi and Iniesta). So often they are there and try to pass it, or if they do shoot it is like... wtf was that piece of sh*t. OK. Iniesta has scored 2 of the best goals in the last decade of football... However, my argument still stands, and completely unharmed by this statistic I believe. Iniesta is a magical player, and capable of such moments, but it really has nothing to do with his shooting ability. It says more about his class, and stepping up in the big moments. Seriously, don't try to argue Iniesta has a good shot, because quite simply he doesn't.

1v1 he's pretty cool and normally scores, but he's rarely in such situations. What he's incredible at, is getting a little bit of space in and around the box (before he normally tries to pass it). Let's imagine he has the cannon shot of Cristiano Ronaldo? With the space he can get himself, he could be getting great shot, after great shot off and on target.

So how good would he be? Better than CR? Dare I say it, as good as Messi? One of the best of all time? I truly believe it, if Iniesta had a great shot, he would be near unstoppable.

PS. If this post was a bit angry/emotional its because I just watched the game and I'm raging at many of the Spanish shortcomings.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot? Empty Re: How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot?

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am

Definately be playing at false nine instead of Fabregas :coffee:. Definately would be up there and he already is. Definately would cool Spain's chances of scoring goals :coffee: With this cannon shot, I gather he would be taking some freekicks like Alves does on a long distance free kick?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot? Empty Re: How good would Iniesta be if he could shoot?

Post by Kick Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 pm

I very sadly, Beg to differ. He can indeed shoot....and Break Hearts. Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Kick wrote:I very sadly, Beg to differ. He can indeed shoot....and Break Hearts. Crying or Very sad

Just as I said. The goals against Chelsea and the Dutch don't prove he has a good shot. Of course he 'can shoot', but his shooting is largely hopeless and you will never see him hit an amazing thunderous shot. Watch more of Iniesta and you will see what I mean, he has an atrocious shot and generally he is also unwilling to shoot. Give him a good shot and he'd be incredible.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm

if he had consistent goal scorring abilities I believe he would be no. 2 hands down
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:48 pm

billy_gr wrote:if he had consistent goal scorring abilities I believe he would be no. 2 hands down

I agree... and I feel JD, Free and Dani would say similar...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

He is already better than Cristiano so.......yeah.

To answer the question, I dont know how differently I would rank him, he obviously would be a better player for it but I dont think he would be on Messi's level really.

I wouldnt want him to have a shot like Cristiano, not if he uses it as much as Cristiano does anyway. I would settle for someone more like his type. He is too small to have a cannon of a shot really. If he had that sort of Del Piero type precision, boy...
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Someone like Pirlo? He has a pretty good shot and is built similiar to Iniesta..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Him being better than C.Ronaldo is debatable and I've gone back and forth on this one. But I can say with certainty that if he could shoot he would be 10 times the player C.Ronaldo is.

He'd be somewhat near Messi IMO.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 pm

How good would Özil be if he could shoot?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 am

danyjr wrote:How good would Özil be if he could shoot?

Not very... :coffee: Your playing with minds son :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 am

The Franchise wrote:He is already better than Cristiano so.......yeah.

To answer the question, I dont know how differently I would rank him, he obviously would be a better player for it but I dont think he would be on Messi's level really.

I wouldnt want him to have a shot like Cristiano, not if he uses it as much as Cristiano does anyway. I would settle for someone more like his type. He is too small to have a cannon of a shot really. If he had that sort of Del Piero type precision, boy...

I prefer him already too, but that's not really the point, because it's clear he would be much better with a great shot. It's clearly something for debate and most people would side with CR just because he scores.

The cannon shot? Yeah, it's unrealistic because he's small, but it was hypothetical because range shooting generally requires at least some power. Precision of course... Whatever, just a decent shot lol and he could be banging in 30 per season.

I disagree on not wanting Ronaldo's shot though... If he had that ability he wouldnt use it as selfishly or as often as Ronaldo. He would make the most of it though I feel.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:58 am

I think it is a good thing he lacks in shooting to be honest, he is better known for creating space and assisting goals, you can't have the whole package otherwise Barcelona would have two Messi's
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 pm

i think its a pointless question. how good would del piero be if he was trezeguets size? how good would messi be if he could pass like pirlo? how good would ronaldinho have been if he played defense?
he's the player he is because he plays to his strengths and not his weaknesses, if you change that, he's be a different player. he's fine the way he is.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Well, you cant have everything. if he could shoot well, its not like he would be THAT much better. but his shooting is pretty bad. I know hes small but come on..

he wouldnt score much more, maybe a few more goals. remember zidane? he had great long shooting ability, yet he has similar stats to iniesta. its the moving into goalscoring positions and the runs that get you alot of goals.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:34 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:he's the player he is because he plays to his strengths and not his weaknesses, if you change that, he's be a different player. he's fine the way he is.

Gold. If only people understood.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:32 am

If his shooting were improved he wouldn't rank much higher than he currently is, because there's simply not a lot of space available to move up in the rankings. However, his genius would be more recognized and he would become a more dangerous player. That being said, I think he would play forward more time, which is not where his best skills lie.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 pm

He's can already do things Messi can't do, and he comes up with vital goals, he's fine just the way he is. Plus, we already have a goalscoring midfielder in Cesc.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:29 pm

FilthyLuca wrote: how good would messi be if he could pass like pirlo?

Messi's pass has nothing to envy to Pirlo's.

Jonathan28 wrote:He's can already do things Messi can't do,

What can Iniesta do that Messi can't?

IMO, Iniesta with a better shot, not only shot, but finishing, would be godly and as most people said, almost another Messi. Only thing that would differentiate them would be speed.

It's a pitty he can't shot beter, but it is like he is and I don't think it can be changed.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

It's hard to explain, but the things Iniesta does send shivers down my spine. Who remembers that move he did in our 4-1 loss versus Madrid where he got the ball, did a twirl then flicked it over the player right into the feet of Messi I think its was. I have never seen Messi do something like that, it was unreal. That brilliant pass he made in the 08/09 sesson where Alves used his head over the keeper is another one, I'm sorry, I love Messi but in my opinion Iniesta is as good as him, he just doesn't have the goals.

*Flame shields up*
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Messi and Iniesta will be like Pele and Garrincha. Messi will generally be said to be the best, but they'll be a few of us who say Iniesta. :bow:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:19 pm

free_cat wrote:Messi's pass has nothing to envy to Pirlo's.
Technically yes but Pirlo has a better vision in my opinion.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:It's hard to explain, but the things Iniesta does send shivers down my spine. Who remembers that move he did in our 4-1 loss versus Madrid where he got the ball, did a twirl then flicked it over the player right into the feet of Messi I think its was. I have never seen Messi do something like that, it was unreal. That brilliant pass he made in the 08/09 sesson where Alves used his head over the keeper is another one, I'm sorry, I love Messi but in my opinion Iniesta is as good as him, he just doesn't have the goals.

*Flame shields up*

Is it this the one that you are talking about?

Iniesta is my favorite player and the player that I love to watch the most, but I have to agree with free on this one. IMO Messi is like Iniesta but that can shoot and is on speed

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm

danyjr wrote:
free_cat wrote:Messi's pass has nothing to envy to Pirlo's.
Technically yes but Pirlo has a better vision in my opinion.

Agreed, but it's normal he has a better vision playing DM (whole field in front of you) and being 33.

Last edited by free_cat on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:ow good would messi be if he could pass like pirlo?
Messi is already as good passer as Pirlo.

League Throughballs/ Key Passes/ Assists (whoscored.com)

Messi 56 92 16
Pirlo 33 125 13
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next