Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forza
Art Morte
Die Borussen
guest7
60 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion

Post by LeBéninois Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
pUsHa wrote:You guys are just a bunch of fking retards lol .... What did Torres do wrong lol !?!?!?!? First ocassion Buffon did a wonderful job and didnt fall on the ground like any other goalie would do .... and the second chance was that chip ... he had two defenders in his face and Buffon was coming out of the goal , he did great taking down one defender to create that chip wich was a little bit unlucky .... would Negredo and Lorrente come in and create those chances themselves or would they expect to get served , ffs the hate with torres is strong here .

Thumbs up
Thumbs up

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Group C: Spain vs Italy discussion

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Bénin wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
pUsHa wrote:You guys are just a bunch of fking retards lol .... What did Torres do wrong lol !?!?!?!? First ocassion Buffon did a wonderful job and didnt fall on the ground like any other goalie would do .... and the second chance was that chip ... he had two defenders in his face and Buffon was coming out of the goal , he did great taking down one defender to create that chip wich was a little bit unlucky .... would Negredo and Lorrente come in and create those chances themselves or would they expect to get served , ffs the hate with torres is strong here .

Thumbs up
Thumbs up
Thumbs up
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:he missed one chance where buffon did very well but he was always threatening and got into dangerous goalscoring positions repeatedly...he played a good game just needs to finiah

he got himself into good positions which was a start, but he lacked the most important thing finishing...

Btw he missed the one v one and the chance where he tried to chip Buffon.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:00 am

I dont know why you guys mention Cassano between Pirlo DDR Buffon Chiellini ..He had average game just like Marchisio Maggio Bonucci etc.All of the had good game but not their best.
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:33 am

Marchisio was far from average lol, he was up there with Italy's best performers.

Personally though he was up there with Pirlo and DDR and definitely was better than Chiellini.

He was consistently the driving force for Italy's midfield and didnt give Xavi a moments rest and in my mind got the better of him on the day and that run that lead to that shot near the end was fantastic and if he did score instead of hitting it straight at Casillas it probably would have gone down as goal of the tournament it was that good.

You could easily put a case for him as Italy's best player, he was fantastic.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 am

Marchisio was static save for one or two occasions over the course of the 90 minutes where he created some magic. Nothing too good, but nothing at all bad. Just a solid outing; nothing more, nothing less.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 am

:bow: DDR the GOAT
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:02 am

justdoit_ wrote:Marchisio was static save for one or two occasions over the course of the 90 minutes where he created some magic. Nothing too good, but nothing at all bad. Just a solid outing; nothing more, nothing less.

Static isn't really the right word, only Giaccherini covered more ground for Italy, he pressed to good effect and won the ball high up the pitch on numerous occasions. His two efforts on goal were the most any one Italy player mustered.

He didn't dominate the centre of the field with any arrogant swagger, but to be honest he never does, that's not his strength. He is a very clever player, defends space well, skillfull, gets forward well, passes well and doesn't put a foot wrong.

Not sure I agree to be honest, but according to Uefa's Castrol Rakings he was even (statistically) the most effective CM on the pitch...Smile

Had those two excellent efforts gone in he would certainly be GOATchisio right now, but even so decent game from him, only De Rossi was better for Italy IMHO.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:21 am

I feel you bro, can't believe people are blasting Torres' performance. His star quality is back, turn Spain's game up a notch when he came on. Just need to find his finishing touch. If he had scored that chip, people will be saying "what a finish, a performance of a world class striker, all that shit"

Cesc was terrible. The goal doesn't disprove that. Yes, he was played out of position. But, his touches are average at best, even Arbeloa looks more comfortable on the ball. Can't make a short pass without the ball bouncing on the pitch like a stone skipping on surface of the water. So called world class passer. Don't think he should be a starter for Barca ad don't think he's good enough for Spain.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:09 am

Torres play well and really changed the game for Spain when he and Navas came on and I don't blame him for the two shots. One chance was a brilliant save from Buffon the other hard as he had two defenders on him and the keeper coming up, the only thing he could do is chip it which was a surprise and he also managed to get away from one of the defenders which is very unlike Torres.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 am

Spain to miss the cut? hmm
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Spain to miss the cut? hmm

Only if Trap pulled Ireland head out of their own asses and played with pride.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 am

If we lose to Croatia we are done. Its vital. Ireland had a poor showing today, but I cant see us taking three points from Trapattoni.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 am

narbeZ wrote:

If we lose to Croatia we are done. Its vital. Ireland had a poor showing today, but I cant see us taking three points from Trapattoni.
If Ireland are that bad, we can beat them easily. I'm scared of Trap too, but fortunately he's on the touchline and not on the field. The Irish players really let him down. Croatia are still fragile in defence, but I'm more worried about them than Ireland now.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:54 am

check out the iniesta vs italy compilation

http://www.viddler.com/v/af919c29?secret=94175557

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 am

He had a good game and his link up play with Silva was really good. I also thought Xavi had a good game as well
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 am

Marchisio had an amazing game, one of the best on the pitch along with Pirlo, Iniesta, and Buffon.

And I don't understand why people are lauding Torres' performance. He didn't play well at all. He was brought in to score goals, and he was in the perfect scoring position twice. On the first chance, he took way too many touches, should've finished it. For the second chance, that chip was unnecessary, he had Navas completely open right next to him but he decides to try an easy chip which he failed to score.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 am

7amood11 wrote:For the second chance, that chip was unnecessary, he had Navas completely open right next to him but he decides to try an easy chip which he failed to score.
Buffon hypnotized him. There was nothing he could do Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 am

This was a great game, the best game of the Euros so far.

Man Of The Match was De Rossi, he was a beast today. In the first half, Italy had the better chances, in the second half it was Spain. Di Natale should start from now on, Balotelli lacks composure which is understandable since he's young. His flair would be best used as a supersub. Cassano was the best attacker of the game in the 1st half, he created great chances for Marchisio and Motta and put a shot himself wide. His movement was superb. I noticed it was after his substitution that Italy's chances drastically decreased. He made the attack click. Balotelli did great work in making Ramos lose the ball but he totally lost composure in front of goal. Di Natale is the finisher that Italy needs. Balotelli showed good understanding with Cassano but Toto is the person who can bury the chances fed by Cassano and Pirlo. Pirlo was the man, that through ball to Di Natale was just perfect and his passing was imperious as usual. Marchisio also played good. Motta provided the necessary defensive steel in midfield and if it wasn't for Casillas, he would have scored. Giacherrini played reasonably well for his debut but the goal was his fault and also DDR's who was out of position. That was the one blemish on De Rossi's game. I was impressed by how accurate Italy's long balls were.

Busquets, Alonso, Ramos and Fabregas who apart from his goal did jackshit were all bad for Spain as everybody is saying. But I'm surprised no one mentioned their worst player which was Jordi Alba. He was roasted by Maggio and couldn't deal with Cassano at all, Ramos had to come out and help him out on a lot of occasions. On the first half, Italy clearly targeted him as weak link and attacked down the left. Maggio should have run at him more, he was too speedy for Alba. Arbeloa was copletely anonymous attacking, Xavi played his usual boss self. Ramos and Pique's partnership did not look very convincing and Busquets and Alonso were quite poor. Spain's best player was Iniesta, he was immense and Silva grabbed played ok, he made a great assist but otherwise was quite ineffective. Arbeloa was completely anonymous in attack. I don't know why people are bashing Torres so much, a lot of players played worse than him. It's not a coincidence that Spain created more oppurtunities with him on the field. His movement was that of a true 9. His first chance was missed due to great keeping from Buffon. Buffon is not Valdes, who comes up charging like a headless chicken. On the 2nd chance, that I admit he really should have passed to Navas. Buffon's excellent positioning made that a difficult scoring oppurtunity, and he really should have passed to Navas.

Well, it was a great game and Italy showed they have what it takes to go far in this competition. Spain showed why 4-6-0 should be scrapped in favour of a formation with a true 9. I don't get why Llorente is not playing, Soldado's exclusion was also a bad decision. I don't see Negredo being Spain's man against the likes of Italy, Germany or France.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 am

Spain brought in a striker (torres) for a reason.

He was asked to lead line and score goals,Torres did the first one but was a disaster in the second.

Hard chances? are you kidding me?

He was all alone for the first chance but his first touch ruined the chance and buffon intercepted. Whose fault for a crap first touch ? TOrres.

Second chance hard? actually he shouldnt have tried hard. Why the fk he tried to lob over a Gk and 2 defenders in stead of passing it right next to Navas who was infront of open net because Buffon was out of position?

Those were probably best chance Espana had all day.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 am

I agree with you one the 2nd chance, he really should have passed to Navas. But the 1st chance was good keeping from Buffon. His touch wasn't that bad and he had defenders crowding around him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am

I feel his 1st touch was very good in the 1st chance. Problem is he did not want to shoot,he wanted to dribble around Buffon like against Valdes & I think Buffon read it & knew he would go wide & covered for it.

The 2nd one Navaz in on goal & despite Buffon's good positioning it was a very Convertable chance. I am saying this that Torres movement & speed & Christiano's finishing could beat Messi.

You have to give credit to Torres. He is just too quick & his dribbling & movement are pure awesome. Too bad his finishing is bad. But you could see the difference Torres makes,he brings a penetration in the final third,in chance of creating chances maybe not finishing them.

One of Biscuits & Alonso has to dropped for me. They are both playing way too deep & very similar somewhat

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 am

The second Spain stopped using that ridiculous 4-6-0 they started to dominate.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

What i find really weird in this thread ,even though some very good analysis had been going on ,

is just how much the opinions on Torres differ . Half say he flopped , the other half say he was good .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 am

It was a good start, niether loss or win. Hopefully mistakes will be picked out a better side will play a better game than what happened against Italy. Navas should start imo with Silva and Llorente upfront with Iniesta and Xavi in the middle in a 4-3-3 formation though if that doesn't happen then I don't know. I feel that having Busquests and Alonso deep is pointless and I feel they need more attacking flare. If people want to see the full potential of Xavi then have him in the middle with Iniesta and Spain will boss any team.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 am

Spain used 6 midfielders to try and dominate Italy's midfield but Pirlo was too much for them :coffee:
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next