billionmillion
Dante
LeVersacci
Mr Nick09
Blue Barrett
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" Empty Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history"

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Xavi: “Mourinho will not go down in football history. For me, Guardiola is the best and has been the best during the four years he spent in charge.Barcelona remain the benchmark for world football."

Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" 786797845
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" Empty Re: Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history"

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Why does he make such comments while he's with RM teammates in the Spain camp though? scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" Empty Re: Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history"

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Because Ramos stole his Goat Milk
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 pm

And his shoes..

And called him a turtle silent
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm

ooh Xavi.. i get he preffers his own fart than the neighbours , but someone tell him that Mourinho is already there :coffee:

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:47 pm

he is right because no coach is remembered after 10 years
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

billionmillion wrote:he is right because no coach is remembered after 10 years

I see . I guess noone will remember Guardiola after 10 years then .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm

INB4 the obvious breaking news that Xavi didnt actually say this and just the media twisting what he did say for a story.....

I am guessing what he actually said was something on the lines of " Mourinho wont be remembered like others because he didnt contribute anything tactically that changed how people see or play football unlike Guardiola, Sacchi or Ferguson.... "

Which is probably a fair claim, the reason Sacchi is remembered so fondly is not because of what he won ( Capello's Milan won more for example) its because of how revelutionary his tactics were basically the destroying the idea of a Libero in the process.

Mourinho has'nt done anything innovative, usually the ones that are remembered are the ones that innovate and win.... Mourinho just wins.

Not theres anything wrong with that but if Xavi said something along those lines i could understand it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:59 pm

they can remember him for his 16 titles in 4 years and for barca's domination. pep's barca sounds good. but mou's madrid didnt dominate a sh...t to be remembered. none of mou's teams dominated football
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Mole Laughing

"Mourinho no va a pasar a la historia del futbol. Para mí el mejor es Guardiola y lo ha sido durante los cuatro años que ha estado al frente del Barça, porque ha revolucionado el fútbol"

"Por ejemplo, el Chelsea ha ganado la Champions League este año y el Barça sigue siendo la referencia futbolística en el mundo".
Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" 37329810
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/xavi-hernandez-mourinho-pasara-historia/20120607dasdasftb_36/Tes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

We'll (not us personally but you know what I mean) only remember Mourinho and Guardiola when the next manager does the whole collect trophies across Europe thing or someone else wins a ridiculous amount of trophies in one season.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Um, not really Mole. Because he has won major trophies as a manager, he would certainly be remembered quite fondly. History remembers winners, pretty much that. However, an innovator he is not but I don't think he minds...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 pm

billionmillion wrote:they can remember him for his 16 titles in 4 years and for barca's domination. pep's barca sounds good. but mou's madrid didnt dominate a sh...t to be remembered. none of mou's teams dominated football

you are deluded bro, mourinho will be remembered for being the first coach to win leagues in all countries he has been in, the 3 (historically) big leagues, winning CL in 2 countries (maybe it will go up), for being a winning machine of a coach, porto's treble, Inter's treble etc....

the criterias you apply to Pep are not the only one that matters, Mourinho has done things in his own right to go down in history.

Anyway, you can try to convince yourself it wont happen, but you will be left butthurt because it will
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

billionmillion wrote:they can remember him for his 16 titles in 4 years and for barca's domination. pep's barca sounds good. but mou's madrid didnt dominate a sh...t to be remembered. none of mou's teams dominated football
Dude, Mourinho will be remembered for consistently having success in many different leagues. If you think he won't be remembered well then i dunno what to say tbh.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mole Laughing

"Mourinho no va a pasar a la historia del futbol. Para mí el mejor es Guardiola y lo ha sido durante los cuatro años que ha estado al frente del Barça, porque ha revolucionado el fútbol"

"Por ejemplo, el Chelsea ha ganado la Champions League este año y el Barça sigue siendo la referencia futbolística en el mundo".
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/xavi-hernandez-mourinho-pasara-historia/20120607dasdasftb_36/Tes

Can you blame me lol? Xavi has been mis-quoted so many times in the press i have trained my brain to ignore it everytime i see it Laughing

Yes history does remember winners..... but history remembers innovation and domination more.

The mere fact Mourinho usually wins trophys for 2 seasons then f*cks off goes against him in the history stakes.

He has never dominated europe over a 5 year span or close to it like Guardiola did.

I feel that's something he needs to do if he isnt going to innovate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Mourinho will stay in Madrid for 10 years Xavi: "Mourinho will not go down in football history" Le_210
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Explain them Mole explain
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm

No arguements there , i just didn't agree with what you said previously..

but one could say Mourinho actually revolusionised the position of the coach itself .
No coach is so much talked as Mourinho , or has brought so much interest about what coaches say or do , before him. He has divided the football world into two , those who adore him and those who hate him .

Nor in England , Italy or Spain there's anyone like him . Nowhere. Count down his achievements and records and he is already there in football history .

As for domination , what he did with Porto and Inter will never be forgotten in football , trust me . He may not dominate , but one could argue about which might be harder , dominate with the best team of the decade for a few years or win 2 CLs with Porto and Inter ?

And he has dominated in leagues he's been with . Portugal , England , Italy and now Spain . Ok , his first year wasn't that dominate , but still kind of succesfull.

Both will be remembered 100% , Xavi will be deceived once again :coffee:

Last edited by Dante on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
I am guessing what he actually said was something on the lines of " Mourinho wont be remembered like others because he didnt contribute anything tactically that changed how people see or play football unlike Guardiola, Sacchi or Ferguson.... "

what did Ferguson innovate other than "stay in the same team", and Pep didn't exactly innovate anything either, he took over where Rijkaard left off, the only thing he changed was give Missi a bigger role

And for those of you who say he won things for four years, well there is a reason he isn't managing anymore, he himself said its important to leave on a high so that it doesn't damage your reputation when you know the era is over

he reminds me of rich mans AVB, does good for one team, will be embarrased when he goes to another team because he wont be able to adapt and thats one of the reason why Mou will go down in history and thats because he has played 4 different styles and won big trophies will all of these
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 pm

i dont claim to know much about the history of football and all that shit but one thing that i am sure as *bleep* is that mourinho will be remembered for long, he has already won so much , will win so much more by the time he retires, he will easily be one of the greatest managers of all time
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Winners get remembered far more than innovators...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Winners get remembered far more than innovators...

Why is Sacchi's Milan remembered more fondly than Capello's Milan then?

Capello's Milan were more dominate and won more trophies yet its Sacchi's Milan everyone talks about and remembers....

Why? i think we all know the answer.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:50 pm

That right there explains why he thinks that Guardiola is the best and most likely why he thinks that Mou will not be remember and its exactly what mole said...

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I think we wll know that what Xavi said has been taken out of context.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 pm

harhar11 wrote:

That right there explains why he thinks that Guardiola is the best and most likely why he thinks that Mou will not be remember and its exactly what mole said...

I am psychic banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next