Sri
Raptorgunner
djoe26
6unner
SamuelJayC
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club Empty Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:02 pm

CEO Ivan Gazidis:

"We'll make announcements on Van Persie at the right time."

"None of us here at Arsenal are popping champagne corks at the fact we finished third."

"Our away fans are the best away supporters in the league. They're fantastic. We know we have their backing."

"Our ambitions for 2012/13 season? Win the league and the Champions League. We're planning for that this summer."

"How will we plan our signings? Activity before (Podolski) & then after the Euros. It'll be quieter during the Euros."

"The great thing about Podolski is, not only is he Arsenal class technically & a great goalscorer, but he's versatile."

"The key for us this summer, is not the volume of players we bring in, but the players who can add quality to the squad."

"Arsenal have a tremendous following in Nigeria, we'll get a fantastic reception over there in pre-season."

"I'd like to thank the fans for their support over the season. The club was put under terrific pressure but we came together."

-------------

Will be very intersting to revisit this thread on August 31st. Wink
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club Empty Re: Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club

Post by 6unner Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:13 pm

replace "Van Persie" with "Cesc" and "godloski" with "gervinho" and it is basically the same thing he said last year this time.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club Empty Re: Ivan Gazidis on current situation of club

Post by djoe26 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Exactly, didnt he say the same thing last summer? Now i expect no major changes.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

"The key for us this summer, is not the volume of players we bring in, but the players who can add quality to the squad."
This is what he says every year and this just shows we wont be signing any more players.

Quality players cost a lot of money something this donkey wont spend, I never liked him and never will.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Monday 13 June 2011 23.47 BST

Arsenal will spend this summer, Ivan Gazidis assures club's supporters

• Chief executive 'disappointed' with team's trophy drought
• 'Signings will be coming in' he tells fans at Q&A session

I truly hate this guy with a passion, cant wait for the day he gets fired.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/13/ivan-gazidis-arsenal
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:CEO Ivan Gazidis:

"None of us here at Arsenal are popping champagne corks at the fact we finished third."
"Our ambitions for 2012/13 season? Win the league and the Champions League. We're planning for that this summer."

This is the only part I care about. I don't care about what you think of Ivan Gazidis as a person or his policies. I think he is doing okay if he has the right aims. And if he is serious about the above two points, then its good enough for me.

I also don't understand how the blame falls on the CEO over transfers. He isn't the guy solely responsible for our transfer activity and nor does he have any veto power in the dealings. He is just doing his job by answering questions regarding how the club is run. Period.

All I am saying is, don't target one person for the failings of a group. I hate how frequently that happens with gooners. One bad game and you target one player, conveniently forgetting its a bloody team game and everyone shares that blame. One defensive error and the defender is hunted - not the midfield which didn't do its job in the first place and put the defender into a tough position. And the same way, Wenger gets all the blame, or Gazidis, or Hill-Wood, regarding transfer policies, letting players go into the final years of the contract, or having too much deadwood around, etc etc etc.

I am not somebody who knows what really happens off the pitch in the boardrooms and who pulls the strings - and unless I know that, I refuse to endorse any individual being targetted for what I consider as a collective failing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm not quite sure what people expect from these Q&A sessions other than the usual PR stuff. Any CEO in the same position will say the same thing and to be frank what else can he say? The best he can do here is assure us that they're not happy with their position, that they want to improve on that position and sign the right players. Hasn't it always been that way?

I don't envy Gazidis in this position, because people are going to be unhappy whatever he says. He can say the usual and get slaughtered for it, or he can say "sorry, we have no money, we don't plan on buying anyone and we're going to sell all our best players and settle for a mid-table finish" and get slaughtered for it.

Ultimately, it's actions that will speak louder than words and Wenger plays a very big role in signing players. It's a team effort to sign players; it's never down to just one man, and thus you can never be sure just who is responsible when a transfer doesn't go to plan, especially when you don't understand the responsibilities of people like Gazidis, who works on a lot more than just transfers.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote: Press Association

You might want to check the date of that article, by the way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:26 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

I think what he means is that Ivan repeated the same things from last summer.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 am

Ivan Gazidis wrote:"None of us here at Arsenal are popping champagne corks at the fact we finished third."
"Our away fans are the best away supporters in the league. They're fantastic. We know we have their backing."

I'm happy about these quotes. Wont comment about the other ones till 31 august.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 am

srigooner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:CEO Ivan Gazidis:

This is the only part I care about. I don't care about what you think of Ivan Gazidis as a person or his policies. I think he is doing okay if he has the right aims. And if he is serious about the above two points, then its good enough for me.

5% chance he meant it, 80% chance he doesnt, 15% chance they actually had a party with lots of champagne and said that as a joke, because face it getting champions league football and ensuring the revenues that go with it is job done for them. So they had a successful year, i wouldnt be surprised if they had a party, most workplaces do after a successful year. I dont believe the suits at the club would actually care a lot about trophies
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 am

I am not blaming him for not spending but i am blaming for not being honest but i agree with what Jay wrote, he'll get slaughtered either way.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 am

i believe we have learnt from the mistakes of last summer, and spend a bit this summer.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Jay I know the date that is why I posted it. He said the same thing last year and took a embarrassing game at the hand of United to buy some players.

I know we cant blame one person, but this guy has a big saying in giving the money to spend on players. I just cant stand him, how can he sit there and say the same thing every year and do nothing about it.

What I hate about him is that he gambles and what would have happened had we not buy, Mert, Arteta and Santos? would we even be a top6 team? I dont think so.

Us fans are not asking for much just for them to their job, and bring some help, the fans deserved it and the players who go out there every week play their heart out deserve some help also.

The thing is the whole world knows what we need but somehow the board can never see it, and if it was not for certain players who only wished to play for us we would not have the quality players as we have now.

What really bothers me is that we could have won few trophies had they listen to the fans and brought in that one player to help us win the trophy, how many years we were so close and were missing that one player to help us win it.

One other thing we have to stand up to other big teams with money, and not bow down and sell our players.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 am

6unner wrote:replace "Van Persie" with "Cesc" and "godloski" with "gervinho" and it is basically the same thing he said last year this time.

I thought the same... I however, am hoping he holds true.

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

BeamsvilleGooner wrote:
6unner wrote:replace "Van Persie" with "Cesc" and "godloski" with "gervinho" and it is basically the same thing he said last year this time.

Welcome the forum.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 pm

BeamsvilleGooner wrote:

Welcome!

Did anyone really expect anything different? There's really nothing to do during Euro but reassure the fans and that's exactly what he's trying to do. This is gonna be a long 'we'll see' summer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

MJGunner wrote:
BeamsvilleGooner wrote:

Welcome!

Did anyone really expect anything different? There's really nothing to do during Euro but reassure the fans and that's exactly what he's trying to do. This is gonna be a long 'we'll see' summer.

Are we only after players that are going to Euros? there must be other players that can come in and improves us. I think Euros is just another excuse like last year Wenger said the clubs wont sell unless they have replacement and we go and sell, Clichy,Nasri, Eboue and Cesc and we had no plan to replace them.

At the end of the day we have a good team to compete for the top 4 and maybe a FA cup or Carling cup. RVP and Walcott will leave if we dont bring in another big name player to help us win.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:36 am

Arsenal are pressing ahead with a plan to restructure their wage bill after chief executive Ivan Gazidis admitted the existing model is inefficient.

And Gazidis hopes the move will allow manager Arsene Wenger to compete for the world's top talent.

The Gunners' current top earner is Robin van Persie - who earns a basic wage of £70,000-per-week.But in contrast, fringe players Manuel Almunia, Abou Diaby and Marouane Chamakh among others are not far behind with weekly wages of between £50,000-£60,000-per-week.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed in March how the club would embark on a summer clear out in a bid to slash their wage bill by £23million.

And speaking at an Arsenal Supporters Trust meeting, Gazidis confirmed the clubs intention to reshape the club's salary structure.

'We have inefficiency of spending in our squad - but we are moving towards as efficient a model as possible,' said Gazidis.

'Our wage structure has been based around a flatter salary structure - that is part of a team ethos the manager develops, it's about interaction between players - not superstars.

'But we have looked at this carefully and we have to make adjustments for top talent. They are earning a lot of money and I don't think that will slow down. We have to adjust our model.'
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 am

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has told billionaire investor Alisher Usmanov: You’re not joining our board.

Usmanov owns just under 30 per cent of the club and is desperate to increase his stake, claiming he will give boss Arsene Wenger a huge transfer war-chest to improve the squad.

But in a meeting with members of supporters groups, Gazidis hinted the Uzbeki businessman is unlikely ever to be invited on to the Gunners board.

Gazidis said: “When I arrived 3½ years ago there had been a lot of changes on the board and some degree of conflict.

“Since then we have worked hard to ensure the board is unified and has a common purpose.

“In terms of further additions, it is important we don’t disturb that unity and create conflict.

“Ultimately, that is a board decision but that will be the critical issue — are we all aligned and facing the same direction?”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 am

Arsenal fans have been warned that top scorer Robin van Persie’s Emirates future is set to become a summer transfer saga.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had wanted the Dutchman’s intentions and plans to be sorted out before the Euros kicked off.

The Emirates chief, stung by the late-summer sales of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri a year ago – which he blamed for his side’s poor start to the campaign – wanted the club to have some certainty over whether Van Persie will be staying.

But with Manchester City’s interest in the 28-year-old as plain as the £250,000 per week they are willing to pay him to join them, Van Persie flew with the Holland squad to their Euro 2012 base in Poland with his ­position still ­unresolved.

An initial round of talks in the week after the season ended appears to have gone nowhere fast.

And now Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has signposted weeks of doubt which could again carry through the summer - and even into the new campaign.

Gazidis said: “Robin sat down with us at the end of the season and we had a good discussion.

“What we agreed at that meeting was that we would keep all the discussions we had over the summer to ourselves and make announcements when it is the right time.

“We have to respect the fact we have agreed to keep that among ourselves.

Robin is clearly focused on the Euros at the moment and we wish him well, and at the right time we will make the right announcements."

Van Persie has one year left on his current deal.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 am

Arsenal chief Ivan Gazidis says manager Arsene Wenger has the unwavering support of majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

Kroenke has already backed Wenger in the transfer market this summer with the signing of Germany forward Lukas Podolski.

Chief executive Gazidis said: “Stan Kroenke has been on the board for a number of years and has been working very closely, especially in the last year since he assumed majority ownership, with Arsene and with me.

“He could not have been more supportive and his ambition is very simple — he wants this football club to win trophies. He has supported us every step of the way as we have tried to put the pieces in place to do that.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am

ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has told billionaire investor Alisher Usmanov: You’re not joining our board.

Usmanov owns just under 30 per cent of the club and is desperate to increase his stake, claiming he will give boss Arsene Wenger a huge transfer war-chest to improve the squad.

But in a meeting with members of supporters groups, Gazidis hinted the Uzbeki businessman is unlikely ever to be invited on to the Gunners board.

Gazidis said: “When I arrived 3½ years ago there had been a lot of changes on the board and some degree of conflict.

“Since then we have worked hard to ensure the board is unified and has a common purpose.

“In terms of further additions, it is important we don’t disturb that unity and create conflict.

“Ultimately, that is a board decision but that will be the critical issue — are we all aligned and facing the same direction?”

He know if he gets on the board he will get fired, lol your days are numbered Ivan. Ivan knows Usmanov will expose him and the rest of the board.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has told billionaire investor Alisher Usmanov: You’re not joining our board.

He know if he gets on the board he will get fired, lol your days are numbered Ivan. Ivan knows Usmanov will expose him and the rest of the board.

dude what the hell are you talking about?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 am

REWB wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

dude what the hell are you talking about?

Ivan out, David Dein in, whats not to get here?

But this is all wishful thinking, Dein was treated so bad that I dont think he would come back. Wenger needs Dein by his side imo more than Ivan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum