RED
azzurres
vizkosity
SchinnerC
8 posters

Go down

Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir Empty Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir

Post by SchinnerC Mon May 14, 2012 9:59 am

I personally think the end of 2012/2013 season will be the right time for Sir Alex Ferguson to step down as the manager, with all due respect after what he did and is still doing at this great club, Manchester United.

End of last season, he gave a statement saying he plans to retire from management into an ambassadorial role in 2 or 3 years and an experienced, proven coach is needed to replace him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/20/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

The timing could'nt have been more perfect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136320/Pep-Guardiola-insists-hell-manage-again.html

Pep Guardiola, the already legendary coach of FC Barcelona has recently announced his resignation as the head coach of Barca while stating that he'll take a break from football. For a man of his passion and hunger, I'm sure he won't stay out of the spotlight for long. In one or two years time, we'll all be hoping to see Pep Guardiola (not Jose Mourinho), the new manager of mighty Manchester United! Very Happy

SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir

Post by vizkosity Mon May 14, 2012 11:18 am

he's taking a year off.
But it would be hard for him to manage MU. Due to the previous rivalries during CL finals and all...

Barca fans wouldn't be happy at all....
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 pm

vizkosity wrote:he's taking a year off.
But it would be hard for him to manage MU. Due to the previous rivalries during CL finals and all...

The rivalry is healthy, Barca have never dived against us like they do against Real or Chelsea. I do not think they would begrudge him taking on United, but personally I don't want him here.

He has trophies but even Mancini has trophies with the squad he has. I would like him to prove his worth elsewhere, not only to know if he can take United, but also by simple curiosity.

The next United manager is going to fail horribly as he will be compared directly to SAF, the next ones to a lesser extent. I have no idea who should we take, but let's hope it's not Solksjaer or another United legend.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="azzurres"]
vizkosity wrote:
The next United manager is going to fail horribly as he will be compared directly to SAF, the next ones to a lesser extent. I have no idea who should we take, but let's hope it's not Solksjaer or another United legend.

i have a feeling that we would be about liverpool's place right now if SAF retires. He has been carrying united for so long. Sometimes, we win because of his magical stuffs, not the squads we have
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue May 15, 2012 2:35 am

I don't think he'll fail miserably, it might take some time for changes to be implemented because Pep will undoubtedly try to impose his style of play into United. Which I personally think is great as 4-4-2 is not as effective as it was before. As shown in matches against Barca in the finals, Bilbao in the Europa League, to a certain extent in the group phase of Champions League and even some teams in BPL, United's 4-4-2 simply can't dominate the game. We can argue that it's United's tradition to stretch and play on counter attack which have been proven to be effective. But, without enough possession and control over our opponents, we simply hand them the power to decide the outcome. Against the lesser teams it's fine as United can overpower them with individual qualities. Against the top clubs, we have been overpowered again and again, especially now when we don't have the individual class we used to have. I'm not trying to prove how bad United are at the moment but simply trying to outline that we should have more dominance over our opponents for a club of our stature.

I think this is where Pep comes in. He'll reshape the formation to a 4-3-3, not necessarily tiki-taka but a high intense pressing style used by Barca/Dortmund. I think the Dortmund style of play will be perfect for United's progress. 4-3-3, the midfield is naturally more secure with 3 players which allow the full back to bomb forward, high pressing, all while retaining the effect of counter attacks. As Dortmund have shown against Bayern a few nights ago, it is the way forward. Yeah, Juergen Klopp to Man United would be just as perfect, imo. Wink
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 am

No chance of this happening since he he will most likely be Liverpool's new manager Sad ........

According to RAWK... Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir Lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 18, 2012 7:30 am

RED 80s. wrote:No chance of this happening since he he will most likely be Liverpool's new manager Sad ........
i was srsly like...wtf is this guy smoking
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri May 18, 2012 10:23 am

Red :bow:

@viz :vagi:

Nah uh, RAWK wants Rafa to come back. So we can still grab Pep next year when he comes back. banana
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

RED 80s. wrote:No chance of this happening since he he will most likely be Liverpool's new manager Sad ........

According to RAWK... Pep Guardiola - Sir Alex's heir Lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154

:vagi:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 pm

SchinnerC wrote: hoping to see Pep Guardiola (not Jose Mourinho), the new manager of mighty Manchester United! Very Happy

ferguson prefers mourinho

if you take guardiola then i hope he stays until mourinho too goes back to EPL
chelsea or city
then we will see another guardiola vs mou clash
which mou will win sadly for you Smile

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Real9CL Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am

azzurres wrote:
vizkosity wrote:he's taking a year off.

The rivalry is healthy, Barca have never dived against us like they do against Real or Chelsea. I do not think they would begrudge him taking on United, but personally I don't want him here.

He has trophies but even Mancini has trophies with the squad he has. I would like him to prove his worth elsewhere, not only to know if he can take United, but also by simple curiosity.

What do you mean?
Real9CL
Real9CL
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: