Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

More Than A Hollywood Story Empty Re: More Than A Hollywood Story

Post by rwo power Sun May 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Reminds me of the BL season, when Schalke 04 was champion for 4 minutes - until Bayern scored in injury time Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 pm

THIS IS A DRAMA!!
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun May 13, 2012 5:38 pm

The PL's reputation just got jammed down the toilet and flushed away
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO~!!!

Finally, something to be happy about! Ive been busy with absolute shet in real life atm, as well as football world Razz Finally this result is so great! Brings joy! Especially the way the game was, 2 goals in injury time I couldnt believe it! To end Man U's era and start City's! WOOOO HOOOOO~!!! So close....amazing season really... and well done to Man U, they went down just by so little margin....

Keep the players and strengthen, and Man C will continue to rule! YEA BABY YEA~!!

Btw, damn footballers all have hot wives Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

nah hollywood stories are about mediocre or the poor winning.... not the filthy rich winning
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Legend wrote:nah hollywood stories are about mediocre or the poor winning.... not the filthy rich winning

and when has this happened in recent history?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Barcalearning to change username to Citylearning :vagi:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Legend wrote:nah hollywood stories are about mediocre or the poor winning.... not the filthy rich winning

Grecce dortmund etc etc etc
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Lex wrote:The PL's reputation just got jammed down the toilet and flushed away

you mean more enhanced man , people are just going to use this for the next 134959669 years to wank about why its the best league ever ( not going into arguement, just saying )

why do you feel this is bad for the premier league?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

Mediocre winning? Man U last year.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I expected City to win the league this season since the summer. Too much talent and firepower not to win it.

Congrats to them .. When you spend so much , you ll rip the rewards eventually. They should have done better in the champions league though :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 13, 2012 7:06 pm

dortmund mediocre or poor? i guess we just have different definitions of the word.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 13, 2012 7:08 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:dortmund mediocre or poor? i guess we just have different definitions of the word.

Dortmund were purely unexpected last year not medicore
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

Haha, I know right? It's getting so old everyone pretending there clubs don't spend a lot of money and throw out 11 youth team players every game and win trophies that way.

The only club that could come close to that is Barca with 7 or 8 youth teamers in a game and they still get killed on here so there really is no winning. And yes we do spend a ton of money because you have to to keep up.

There's this hilarious hierarchy amongst football fans that for us Americans is very strange to understand.

If you were bought by a rich guy/group before 5 years ago or your team has been very wealthy for a while then your trophies count and the other don't or it was cheating.

You don't even hear people say anything about Chelsea anymore because I guess there take over happened before that magical date when ever it was.

Everyone who wins trophies spends big for the most part (Dortmond congrats) but you have to have been rich before a certain date or again they don't count.

Also it's much better if the rich guy is white, Spanish or Italian (Pool, Chelsea, Roma, Man U) then Arab because Oil money is dirty and the other rich guys got there by doing everything by the book.

I have never heard one person in the states say the Dallas Mavericks title is phony or they bought it etc because Mark Cuban an internet Billionaire bought the team and invested tons of money into it.

I have never understood this way of thinking and never will. It's probably why you guys have Lords and King and Queens and stuff over there so they can keep the money with people who are supposed to have it and keep the status quo because change is bad.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 13, 2012 7:36 pm

dortmund won the league last year with like a month of football remaining. they have a good team i just dont see how thats more exciting than city winning the league with two goals in extra time on the final match day

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:dortmund won the league last year with like a month of football remaining. they have a good team i just dont see how thats more exciting than city winning the league with two goals in extra time on the final match day
The point with mentioning Dortmund was that they won the BL without being filthy rich or owned by some rich guy. But then, the BL prevents ownership like in EPL etc via the 50+1 rule, plus the BL licensing system enforces healthy finances, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

You don't even hear people say anything about Chelsea anymore because I guess there take over happened before that magical date when ever it was.

Also it's much better if the rich guy is white, Spanish or Italian (Pool, Chelsea, Roma, Man U) then Arab because Oil money is dirty and the other rich guys got there by doing everything by the book.

Unlike Man City, Chelsea was comfortably finishing in the top 6 before Abramovich bought them...

2 FA Cup win, 2 FA runners-up, League Cup, Community Shield Winners and Runners up, Super Cup, Uefa Cup....all in PL era

While Man City was were always a middle team or bottom half team before they got bought.

The highest City ever get was 8th place, and were a relegation team for much of the 90s, playing many seasons in Championship

Pool, Chelsea, Roma, Man U may have rich owners but they were always good teams which competed for titles in cups or league long before their rich owners came in

while Man City has always been a relegation/Bottom half team... and the only reason they are here i because of $$$$$
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 pm

City were in the championship a decade ago ffs :facepalm: Now people are trying to tell me they "earned this"

GTFO
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Surag wrote:Barcalearning to change username to Citylearning :vagi:

For those that dont know, I support MAn C ever since they got the likes of Yaya, Silva, Dezko, etc, among my favourites players.... and largely also becos I support any team that can beat/rival Man U since I hate them so much being a former Liverpool fan years ago. I stopped supporting them after my favourite players like Mcmanaman, Fowler, Owen all left....

Some ppl dont understand and still think i support whichever team thats successful, thats not true. Anyway GO MAN C~!! MAN U UR DOWN! Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Lex wrote:City were in the championship a decade ago ffs :facepalm: Now people are trying to tell me they "earned this"

GTFO

Of course they did. No one gave the players that won the league any extra points.

Just congratulate the champs and move on.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Zealous wrote:
Lex wrote:City were in the championship a decade ago ffs :facepalm: Now people are trying to tell me they "earned this"

GTFO

Of course they did. No one gave the players that won the league any extra points.

Just congratulate the champs and move on.
Isint that too much to ask for, from a Arsenal fan?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 12:50 pm

What does being an Arsenal fan have anything to do with it?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon May 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I can't believe the people are giving them so much credit. They spent about £300m and could only win the title on goal difference against one of the worst Man United teams in the PL era. Vidic injured for the majority of the season so they have to play Evans at CB almost every game, problems at RB mean they had to play Jones or Smalling there, the midfield was so weak they had to get Scholes out of retirement, and he STARTS!!!

Yes they started well, the 8-2 against Arsenal was a great performance but soon after the setbacks started. Compare it to the previous recent title winning Man United sides, the team that had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up front for example. Imagine if Arsenal had spent £300m, they would've had the league sewn up by February.

And then there's the CL, how do you get knocked out at the group stage after spending that type of cash? Yes the group was hard but people saying that the it's ok because it was their first time in the competition are silly, it may be the clubs first time but the vast majority of the players at the club had played in the CL before. They had a CL winner in Yaya Toure, Kolo and Clichy appeared in a final so that excuse is false. Then to top it all off they get knocked out of the EL by Sporting. Now, some people are going to say that the reason they got knocked out is because they didn't take it seriously, I say rubbish, they played very strong starting line ups in the games they played and went out and tried to win. They didn't do what Spurs did and just play the kids in every game. The even played strong lineups in the Carling Cup, but couldn't win it. They took the FA cup seriously too because they were defending champs.

So people are praising them for spending over £300m and only winning 2 trophies in 2 seasons, they won the FA cup last season and this season limped to the title on goal difference against a poor United side. And yet people are talking like Mancini is some sort of genius and like the club deserves it and they deserve recognition. No, they deserve to be scrutinised because it was so difficult for them. Look at Mou at Chelsea and the season when they finished with 95 points, they had the league done and dusted by February/March, they didn't spend anywhere near as much as City and they were against much better competition. If you are looking for a rich team to praise, you praise that one. Mancini has not accomplished anything special, any competent manager, given that amount of capital would have done alot more that Mancini and made it look a whole lot easier.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Winning is winning. It doesn't say what the point difference was on the trophy mate.

Winning the league is hard, money alone is not enough. It helps sure but it won't get you anywhere on it's own. City's squad deserved the league because they worked hard and beat United to the league, something other teams in England just simply forgot how to do.

You have to give credit because the players put in the effort and were rewarded. Money has nothing to do with it because in the end 11 players go out on the pitch and have to prove that they want it more than the other team.

BTW, why does everyone use Sam Allerdyce logic? lol, no not any manager can win the league. If Alex McLeish were in charge at City they wouldn't have won the league.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next