Rebaño Sagrado
ErPupone
Tifoso Romanista
McLewis
Patrick Bateman
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We need a new striker for next season  Empty We need a new striker for next season

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

My pick

We need a new striker for next season  YHceU

What do you think lads ? or who would you like to see us go for ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

We need a new striker for next season  Empty Re: We need a new striker for next season

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Why exactly do we need a new striker? The ones we have have all done rather well. If anything, this is the department we need the least improvement on.

It's defense we need to concentrate on.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

We need a new striker for next season  Empty Re: We need a new striker for next season

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:17 pm

McLewis wrote:Why exactly do we need a new striker? The ones we have have all done rather well. If anything, this is the department we need the least improvement on.

It's defense we need to concentrate on.

Well 2 of our forwards seem to like picking up suspensions for fun.While we all know LE will most likely ask for another forward and I say Palacio is perfect Serie A proven,wouldn't cost much and he isn't a liability.Better than us going for Nilmar or some other overrated striker,don't you think ?

Plus we'll need another forward if we're going to be playing in Europe next season.

And yes I know about the defence lol.Don't need to remind,God knows I've being banging on about it enough this season.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 am

:arrow: An striker who can play as F/Am wouldn't hurt but Palacio is more of a F/W that only will take away Borini and Caprari or Tallo chances to play.Normally Totti plays there but he needs rest due to his age , he cant play every single game . My choice

We need a new striker for next season  Stevan-Jovetic
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 am

If we do go for a forward, I would go for Palacio as well. He would fit in perfectly into our system. He could provide some extra width and would link up well with someone like Osvaldo.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 am

We need a new striker for next season  Roberto+Soldado+Valencia+Training+Session+CxOWw3oqOSYl

:coffee:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:We need a new striker for next season  Roberto+Soldado+Valencia+Training+Session+CxOWw3oqOSYl

:coffee:

I think its best that we keep away from La Liga strikers.

Bojan and :facepalm: are already enough.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:57 am

Gaston Ramirez :coffee:

Palacio is 30 wouldnt really be the ideal signing fot the socalled Project Enrique imo.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm

sukrut23 wrote:Gaston Ramirez :coffee:

Palacio is 30 wouldnt really be the ideal signing fot the socalled Project Enrique imo.

Not a striker.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Apparently Ramirez is off to Liverpool.Anyways like Neal said he's not a striker he's AMF we have enough players in that position already with Totti/Pjanic and Lamela who I'm sure could play there if asked to.

As for Jovetic,in our dreams perhaps. drinking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Mad just No kuyt Please Mad
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

If we're going to get a striker, we need someone capable of linking up with Totti and Pjanic.

Osvaldo is pretty predatory, but I haven't been impressed by his ability to link play with the players behind him. He's a good finisher of moves, but I would love it if he had more about him in terms of dove-tailing with the creators. If we can get a striker that can do that as well as finish off moves, then I think we'd making a good buy. Who that striker is? Remains to be seen.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Eriksen is an attacking midfielder, but I would love to have him on the squad. I'm obviously biased in this case due to the fact that he's a Roma fan, but hey that could only help him along and motivate him even more.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

If Eriksen could co-exist in the same squad as Pjanic without them both suffering for lack of minutes then I'd be all for it, but I can't see them playing in the same squad. Far too similar in skillset though Eriksen's far better on the ball.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

I couldn't find the link but i remember reading something about him that he wanted to join Barcelona only , now he is fan of Roma , at the same time he is talented but that cant be our first priority
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Yea I agree Neal, that's my only worry really. And if Eriksen is moved further up, then that means Lamela will get fewer minutes. Do you think Eriksen would be good playing a bit ahead of Totti? Maybe Something like this:

Pjanic De Rossi Gago
Totti
Eriksen Osvaldo
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Gonzalo Higuain
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm

ErPupone wrote:Yea I agree Neal, that's my only worry really. And if Eriksen is moved further up, then that means Lamela will get fewer minutes. Do you think Eriksen would be good playing a bit ahead of Totti? Maybe Something like this:

Pjanic De Rossi Gago
Totti
Eriksen Osvaldo

Ehh he's not a striker though and playing him alongside one would stifle his creativity as well as the space for Osvaldo to operate in freely. If he's to excell. he needs to be in behind the attack line and facing the goal regularly. So ultimately, in your formation, he'd be in direct competition with Totti and we all know who wins that one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Pjanic De Rossi Gago
Eriksen Totti
Osvaldo
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:53 pm

We need a player that when Totti is in he can move to forward and when Totti is out plays in his position , I though Pjanic is the one but we need more of a striker there instead of midfielder
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 pm

flameas wrote:Gonzalo Higuain

He cost about 45m and thats just not affordable
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

In the end, I think Palacio, or someone with his characteristics, is the best fit.

Pjanic De Rossi Gago/Marquinho
Totti
Palacio Osvaldo

Osvaldo would be in his usual position, cutting in from the left. Palacio would push out wide as he's already used to doing with Genoa. He would give us some extra width that Luis Enrique would want from at least one striker and could provide Osvaldo with some good service. Totti would be used in the exact same way, but would have a little more space going forward given Palacio's comfort when it comes to operating on the wing. Also, Marquinho's late runs would be even more dangerous since Palacio is more than capable of putting in a good cross. The only downside is that Palacio has hit his peak, he'll be at this level for another 2-3 seasons I would say, but will go downhill from there. Hopefully by that time, Lamela would have grown into a great player so we wouldn't necessarily miss Palacio once he leaves.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Tue May 01, 2012 2:17 am

We need a new striker for next season  Marco-10

WHY SIGN ANYONE WHEN YOU GOT ME? :lol!:
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 01, 2012 3:34 am

juvefan4life wrote:We need a new striker for next season  Marco-10

WHY SIGN ANYONE WHEN YOU GOT ME? :lol!:

Can we borrow Dr Riccardo Agricola from you?
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue May 01, 2012 9:29 am

We will be stuck forever in 6th place if we dont sign a 20-50 million euro star player. Palacio.. please.. we can do much better. But mostly we need a real established central defender and a controlling midfielder, a la Xavi type. Pjanic is too much forward minded for that.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum