Del Piero urges Juventus to keep their foot on the gas following Derby d'Italia win

Go down

Del Piero urges Juventus to keep their foot on the gas following Derby d'Italia win  Empty Del Piero urges Juventus to keep their foot on the gas following Derby d'Italia win

Post by DeviAngel Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 5:27

Juventus attacker Alessandro Del Piero has stressed that the Bianconeri's 2-0 Serie A win at home over Inter on Sunday evening was a crucial result in the race for the Scudetto.

Del Piero urges Juventus to keep their foot on the gas following Derby d'Italia win  175473hp2

The forward netted his side's second goal to effectively put the match to bed, and made it clear that the Old Lady have to keep pushing on in order to be successful in 2011-12.

"Today’s win was fundamental in order to keep Milan in our sights. Now we have to continue with our foot firmly on the gas," he said to Sky Sport.

"We’re in the Coppa Italia final and are four points adrift of Milan. We mustn’t give up if we want to be champions."

Del Piero then went on to express his delight with his individual success in Juve's last two games, and highlighted that he is not thinking about his long-term future.

"I’m happy that I scored in both games, it fills me with pride because they were very important as far as we are concerned.

"My future? The game against Napoli is next up. I want to enjoy this moment and continue to fight in every game."

Juventus remain second in Serie A, trailing leaders Milan by four points.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down