Albiceleste
che
Ganso
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

First player in UCL history - Page 4 Empty Re: First player in UCL history

Post by jibers Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 am

Messi is the most consistent player of this level since pele and Muller and Cruyff. He is in the elites category.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 am

white_star wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
white_star wrote:
stunt wrote:Congrats to Messi for being such an amazing player.

And congrats to closet Barcelona fans for being their usual selfs.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you. :coffee:

O your a big boy because you called me a closet fan. Ya coming from an Iranian Madrid fan seems legit. How many Madrid games have you seen live? My guess would be 0. Go back to streaming your Madrid games and let real fans discuss things.

Easily one of the most ridiculous quotes ever on this forum. According to this logic, the vast majority of posters on here have no credibility.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 am

So we can safely say that if Leo ever reaches 75 goals in Europe (enough to surpass Raul at the top) we can call him the absolute GOAT, hear me out, at club level at least. He's at around 50 right now. And he's 24. Wow.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 am

best player in the history of football, he is the best there is, and ever will be. his every goals is a masterpiece....

whoever from barcelona first witnessed his talent, and recommended to barcelona is a legend himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 am

JespSwe wrote:best player in the history of football, he is the best there is, and ever will be. his every goals is a masterpiece....

whoever from barcelona first witnessed his talent, and recommended to barcelona is a legend himself.
Screw it, your post is more spot on then mine.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:06 am

There was buzz about Messi in Argentina, before he signed with farca so why is the scout a legend?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 am

Grats to Messi, well deserved record that was bound to be broken. Let's stop the CR7/Messi hating for once and enjoy this entertaining week of futbol. Let's not turn this into the goal.com comment section.

Btw-penalties aren't always easy to make, we've seen a lot of misses this season...
Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 am

white_star wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
white_star wrote:

Fixed it for you.

O your a big boy because you called me a closet fan. Ya coming from an Iranian Madrid fan seems legit. How many Madrid games have you seen live? My guess would be 0. Go back to streaming your Madrid games and let real fans discuss things.

At least i don't hide behind a Wisla Krakow logo and call myself a "Neutral". the fear of being called gloryhunter doesn't allow you to show your true color ? get over from this obsession because no one in this forum cares if you're gloryhunter or not.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 am

On Messi's performance vs Bayer Leverkusen:

“Messi is a joke. For me the best ever.” – Wayne Rooney (Man United)

“Its a pleasure to watch this guy……..MESSI” - Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

“Was this a CL game or was this Messi in a PlayStation game? Unstoppable!!” – Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid)

“Not old enough to see some of the greats but can’t believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi.” – Micheal Owen (ManUtd):

“Is Messi the best player of all times?” -Eden Hazard (Lille)

“Fella’s a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up! Souness,Gullit,Venables and now Rooney agree Messi is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar.” – Gary Lineker (Retired footballer, played for FC Barcelona 1986-89)

“Mejores jugador del Mundo Messi! Best player in the World!” – John Heitinga (Everton)

“Messi doesn’t look interested tonight….!!” – Rio Ferdinand (Man United)

“Is Messi a human being?????” – Demba Ba (Newcastle United)

“There is no doubt, you’re from another galaxy. Thanks Leo” – Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool FC)

When asked about Lionel Messi’s position in world football, FC Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola said: “Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona… And I add Pele, otherwise he’ll be angry.”

The ever-humble Maestro himself acknowledged the performance but stressed that the team’s progress into the quarterfinals was the more important achievement: “5 goals? Nice, but the main thing was to qualify.”

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 am

A great performance by Barcelona and Messi

But Bayer hang your heads in shame, never showed up today, at least have some dignity ffs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 am

Guardiola's quote :lol!:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 am

adnyana179 wrote:
white_star wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
white_star wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Easily one of the most ridiculous quotes ever on this forum. According to this logic, the vast majority of posters on here have no credibility.

Thats what he gets for calling me a closet barca fan i did not start this!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:22 am

white_star wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:This Real Fan shit is BS.

I haven't watched an official Real Madrid game live in 10 years...I suppose my account just expired.

Take that trash out of here.

No it's not, a real fan watches their team live every game. 10 years ? Your 16 let's not exaggerate please.

thats such bullshit.. you expect people to commute 5000 miles to and fro every week ? :facepalm: :facepalm:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 am

Lionel MESSI shatters records with 5 goals

Lionel MESSI continues to not only break records, but shatter them and he did exactly that on Wednesday, when he scored 5 goals in one match in the Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen.

Here are the highlights from the Lionel MESSI show against Leverkusen.

Lionel MESSI is now at 48 goals and 20 assists in 42 matches this season. He finished with 53 goals last season... He's at 48 now! He's also 8 goals away from being Barcelona's all time top goalscorer in all competitions... at the age of 24!

MESSI is also set on becoming the first player in history to be Champions League topscorer for four CONSECUTIVE seasons. Last season, he finished with 12 goals in the Champions League (a record). This season, he's already at 12 goals. He's also #4 in the all-time top goalscorers list in the modern Champions League era.

# Name Goals Caps Ratio
1 Raul GONZALEZ 71 144 0.49
2 Ruud VAN NISTELROOY 56 74 0.76
3 Thierry HENRY 51 114 0.44
4 Lionel MESSI 49 64 0.77
5 Andriy SHEVCHENKO 48 115 0.41
6 Filippo INZAGHI 46 83 0.55
7 Alessandro DEL PIERO 42 96 0.43

Here are some other records and information.

Lionel MESSI has now scored 18 hattricks in his career. 17 for Barcelona and 1 for Argentina.

For the 3rd time in MESSI's career, he has scored 4 goals in one game.

MESSI is the first player EVER to score 2 times 4 goals in a Champions League match. The first time was against Arsenal in 2010.

MESSI is also the first player EVER to score 2 hattricks in one Champions League season.

For the first time in his career, MESSI scored 5 goals in a game.

MESSI had a headache before the game, the team doctor gave him an aspirin.

Here are what some players posted on Twitter:

Jonas GUTIERREZ: "I dont want to be less than MESSI, I'm going to score five the next game, I just need 8 penalty kicks, just in case i miss a few hahaha"

Pablo ZABALETA: "MESSI continues to make history. Amazing Leo, once again!"

Eduardo SALVIO: "Lio MESSI is incredible, the best by far. Thanks for being Argentinine."

Fernando GAGO: "MESSI, simply amazing."

Maxi RODRIGUEZ: "There is no doubt, you're from another galaxy. Thanks Leo."

Alejandro FAURLIN: "I just get home!i had the pleasure to be in the camp nou watching that master class of football! MESSI Looks like is playing 5 vs 5 against."

RONALDO (Brazil): MESSI plays like a ************

Gary LINEKER: “Fella’s a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up! SOUNESS, GULLIT, VENABLES and now ROONEY agree MESSI is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar.”

Michael OWEN: "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as MESSI."

Wayne ROONEY: "MESSI is a joke. For me the best ever."

DUTT (Bayer Leverkusen coach): "Who has played football, knows there are no words for MESSI. He's at his own level."

Radamel FALCAO: "Was this a CL game or was this MESSI in a PlayStation game? Unstoppable!!"

John HEITINGA: "Mejores jugador del Mundo MESSI! Best player in the World!"

Jack WILSHERE: "Its a pleasure to watch this guy........MESSI"

Demba BA: “Is MESSI a human being?????”

Pep GUARDIOLA: "We can try to make sure the ball gets to MESSI. From then on, we can't do anything, just sit back and watch. MESSI is the best, there's no one else, he's unique. I will always be able to say I've been his coach. We're lucky to have MESSI. It's not easy to score 5 goals in a game. I can know, I scored 11 in my whole career. MESSI is among the greatest. DI STEFANO, CRUYFF, MARADONA... And I add PELE, otherwise he'll be angry."

And here's what Lionel MESSI had to say: "5 goals? Nice, but the main thing was to qualify."

There are no words left to desribe MESSI. Absolutely amazing and that's the biggest understatement. Oh and Alejandro SABELLA was at the match (as was Alejandro FAURLIN according to his Tweet). Absolutely insane.

Congratulations to Lionel MESSI!
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:36 am

3rd goal was offside :vagi:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 am

Best player in history of football, just needs a World Cup to make it official. I hope 2014 will be Messi's one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Best player in history of football, just needs a World Cup to make it official. I hope 2014 will be Messi's one.

Sadly..........No.

France has a better chance of winning. Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 am

WOOOO HOOOO~!!! He made the goals look easy, but were not. Even the 4th one was from a tight angle in off the post. The 2 chips were brilliant cheers cheers cheers

He will continue to break records, and become the CL all time top scorer in no time BABY~! :dance: :mental: banana :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 am

Albiceleste wrote:On Messi's performance vs Bayer Leverkusen:

When asked about Lionel Messi’s position in world football, FC Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola said: “Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona… And I add Pele, otherwise he’ll be angry.”

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Pep is a legend, so I guess he doesnt really rate Pele then Laughing

billionmillion wrote:Lionel MESSI shatters records with 5 goals

Lionel MESSI continues to not only break records, but shatter them and he did exactly that on Wednesday, when he scored 5 goals in one match in the Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen.

Here are the highlights from the Lionel MESSI show against Leverkusen.

Lionel MESSI is now at 48 goals and 20 assists in 42 matches this season. He finished with 53 goals last season... He's at 48 now! He's also 8 goals away from being Barcelona's all time top goalscorer in all competitions... at the age of 24!

MESSI is also set on becoming the first player in history to be Champions League topscorer for four CONSECUTIVE seasons. Last season, he finished with 12 goals in the Champions League (a record). This season, he's already at 12 goals. He's also #4 in the all-time top goalscorers list in the modern Champions League era.

# Name Goals Caps Ratio
1 Raul GONZALEZ 71 144 0.49
2 Ruud VAN NISTELROOY 56 74 0.76
3 Thierry HENRY 51 114 0.44
4 Lionel MESSI 49 64 0.77
5 Andriy SHEVCHENKO 48 115 0.41
6 Filippo INZAGHI 46 83 0.55
7 Alessandro DEL PIERO 42 96 0.43

Here are some other records and information.

Lionel MESSI has now scored 18 hattricks in his career. 17 for Barcelona and 1 for Argentina.

For the 3rd time in MESSI's career, he has scored 4 goals in one game.

MESSI is the first player EVER to score 2 times 4 goals in a Champions League match. The first time was against Arsenal in 2010.

MESSI is also the first player EVER to score 2 hattricks in one Champions League season.

For the first time in his career, MESSI scored 5 goals in a game.

MESSI had a headache before the game, the team doctor gave him an aspirin.

Here are what some players posted on Twitter:

Jonas GUTIERREZ: "I dont want to be less than MESSI, I'm going to score five the next game, I just need 8 penalty kicks, just in case i miss a few hahaha"

Pablo ZABALETA: "MESSI continues to make history. Amazing Leo, once again!"

Eduardo SALVIO: "Lio MESSI is incredible, the best by far. Thanks for being Argentinine."

Fernando GAGO: "MESSI, simply amazing."

Maxi RODRIGUEZ: "There is no doubt, you're from another galaxy. Thanks Leo."

Alejandro FAURLIN: "I just get home!i had the pleasure to be in the camp nou watching that master class of football! MESSI Looks like is playing 5 vs 5 against."

RONALDO (Brazil): MESSI plays like a ************

Gary LINEKER: “Fella’s a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up! SOUNESS, GULLIT, VENABLES and now ROONEY agree MESSI is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar.”

Michael OWEN: "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as MESSI."

Wayne ROONEY: "MESSI is a joke. For me the best ever."

DUTT (Bayer Leverkusen coach): "Who has played football, knows there are no words for MESSI. He's at his own level."

Radamel FALCAO: "Was this a CL game or was this MESSI in a PlayStation game? Unstoppable!!"

John HEITINGA: "Mejores jugador del Mundo MESSI! Best player in the World!"

Jack WILSHERE: "Its a pleasure to watch this guy........MESSI"

Demba BA: “Is MESSI a human being?????”

Pep GUARDIOLA: "We can try to make sure the ball gets to MESSI. From then on, we can't do anything, just sit back and watch. MESSI is the best, there's no one else, he's unique. I will always be able to say I've been his coach. We're lucky to have MESSI. It's not easy to score 5 goals in a game. I can know, I scored 11 in my whole career. MESSI is among the greatest. DI STEFANO, CRUYFF, MARADONA... And I add PELE, otherwise he'll be angry."

And here's what Lionel MESSI had to say: "5 goals? Nice, but the main thing was to qualify."

There are no words left to desribe MESSI. Absolutely amazing and that's the biggest understatement. Oh and Alejandro SABELLA was at the match (as was Alejandro FAURLIN according to his Tweet). Absolutely insane.

Congratulations to Lionel MESSI!

GUTIERREZ has a sense of humour Laughing

And amazing to see him 4th in the list already, so fast and hes already past the likes of Inzaghi and Shevchenko Shocked

24 and soon to be the Barca all time goal scoring, more Shocked Shocked

:cyclops: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 am

I refuse to accept that the best player ever is a FW.
I’m picking a DM for GOAT.
Not sure who…
:coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Edgar Davids.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
white_star wrote:

I haven't watched an official Real Madrid game live in 10 years...I suppose my account just expired.

No it's not, a real fan watches their team live every game. 10 years ? Your 16 let's not exaggerate please.

thats such bullshit.. you expect people to commute 5000 miles to and fro every week ? :facepalm: :facepalm:

I can careless do want ever you want, just don't act like you own a seat at the bernabau. You are supporting the team your not an actual fan. I won't go into this anymore but some people on here act as if their mom was killed when someone says something about Madrid or cr7.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:48 pm

white_star wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
white_star wrote:

I can careless do want ever you want, just don't act like you own a seat at the bernabau. You are supporting the team your not an actual fan. I won't go into this anymore but some people on here act as if their mom was killed when someone says something about Madrid or cr7.

Your spoilt, xenophobic attitude is so hypocritical it hurts. How the hell havent you been warned more than once FFS?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Honestly I don't get that at all.By your definition of fan...there are propably less than a couple 1000 fans on earth who qualify as "real".

Intriguing perspective.Anyways you have the right to your opinion.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:01 am

Saetablanca wrote:
white_star wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
white_star wrote:

Your spoilt, xenophobic attitude is so hypocritical it hurts. How the hell havent you been warned more than once FFS?

Whatever man it's true anybody that is not a Madrid fan will tell you the same thing. Im not going to fight wit you guys on this subject so call me whatever you want I won't cry over it.

This is about messi and his amazing achievements so let's stick to that.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4