Körbl
Seth
stunt
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blackmore.
10 posters

Go down

Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals Empty Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals

Post by Blackmore. Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 am

The Portuguese coach was overjoyed after his side's progression to the last eight and believes that his side are capable of holding their own against any side in Europe.

:coffee:
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals Empty Re: Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 am

Going to need Gaitan of the group stages, it seems he was utter garbage yet again.

What a time to lose form....

On the bright side, the rest of the midfield seem to be doing rather well and dont suffer when Aimar doesnt play, much like they have done previously.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals Empty Re: Jesus ready for anyone in Champions League quarter-finals

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:31 am

With Rodrigo anything is possible.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 am

I'm pretty sure that's misquoted but alright.

What I read, was that he said that he'd like to play against an english team in the next round. And that Benfica will play with ambition.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 am

stunt wrote:I'm pretty sure that's misquoted but alright.

What I read, was that he said that he'd like to play against an english team in the next round. And that Benfica will play with ambition.

Napoli has the protection of Divine Intervention with them, no way Chelsea can knock them out :lucas :

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 am

Everyone wants to play the english teams, darn Italy for getting the luck of the draw :vagi:
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 am

I hope he wasn't misquoted.

Thousands of football clubs are scattered throughout Europe. He coaches one of eight.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't like the guns that he has.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Good starting 11, but GOD AWFUL subs. He may have cost Benfica this tie already.

Benfica were having their best period (throughout the game they have been better) and piling on a good 15 mins of sustained pressure.

He goes and take out Aimar for Matic....creative number 10 for tall, useless holding midfielder.

Then he takes out Bruno Cesar for Rodrigo.

Both retarded moves.

I assume his plan was to stop Chelsea counters because that was the only danger, bursts on the break, vertical play. And he wanted something else in attack.

He should of taken off Aimar for Rodrigo and thats it. His speed would cause Chelsea problem in the center..playing in directly where Bruno Cesar was gave no advantage and in essense he just swapped a creative player in Aimar for a defensive one in Matic. Retarded move when your building momentuum and trying to make a break through which looked like it was coming.

As soon as the sub was made, Chelsea instantly saw more ball and looked more dangerous.

Also...Emerson is dog poo...

End rant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Mikel had Aimar in pocket a refreshing surprise :bow:

RDM rotation policy :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Really? Aimar was free very often and easily found space.

Mikel barely got to him..dont think I remember him even making a tackle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Emerson got raped by Ramires on the left side. Blew by him almost everytime.

I didn't understand the Bruno Cesar sub either, he was doing pretty well...

Ramires MotM btw.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm probably the biggest Mikel critic here but he protected the back 4 really well, I didn't see anything special from Aimar at all this game.

Paolo 3rd game this season ⭐

Ramires energy is crazy as feck, guy is a monster.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Yeah Ramieres did very well.

He protected Ferreira very well and never allowed him to get into 1 v 1 and broke forward excellently, both center and wide.

He made the goal, more than Torres did.

Emerson is useless, so I wont give him too much credit for blowing by him so often, but its worth mentioning.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Aimar didnt do anything special, but Mikel had nothing to do with it really. He didnt make a tackle or even make it difficult.

Chelsea as a unit well other than a couple of occassions.

Rodrigo was needed. Cardozo got in behind Terry, Rodrigo would have all day.

Aimar needs options to make plays, he only had them laterally rather than in front of him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I felt like Benfica lacks the most in attack obv. They dont have the players to break through from enemy defensive lines nor creativity, so the only way they attacked was crossing the ball to 16 yard box. Subs were awful too. What was also a bit annoying was the constant midfield battle between Chelsea and Benfica too. Most of the game was spent in there.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down