TalkingReckless
Lex
Babun
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shocking News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Shocking News Thread

Post by 7amood11 Thu May 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Never thought FOURTEEN year olds were capable of doing these things... Shocker.

7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Talking about Asians and alcohol. I know a Vietnamese who snaps every time he drinks vodka. Therefore he drinks only when me or 1 other friend ( can't name him) are together :lol!:
Chinese man to be sentenced later for rape of Irish student

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 03:58 PM

A Chinese man will be sentenced next week after he was caught by gardaí raping an Irish college student in a laneway.

The court heard that the woman had left her friends in a nightclub and was walking home when Hong Zhi Yang (aged 23) took her into the laneway and attempted to rape her.

A person living in a nearby flat, heard the woman’s screams, looked out the window and saw Yang attacking the victim. He told the man to get off her and contacted the gardaí.

Yang then dragged the woman further up the lane and raped her. Gardaí arrived on the scene minutes later and witnessed the attack. Yang tried to run away but was immediately caught by gardaí.

Detective Sergeant Paul Tallon agreed with a comment from Mr Justice Paul Carney that such a crime is “uncharacteristic of the Chinese community here”.

“Well I have never come across it before,” the Det Sgt said.

He said when gardaí arrived the victim was semi-naked, crying and huddled on the ground next to a parked car. Her clothes and jewellery were scattered along the laneway and she was initially too upset to talk to gardaí. She had small injuries to her face and back.

Yang of Camden Street, Dublin 2, pleaded guilty at the Central Criminal Court to raping the woman in the city centre on October 29, 2010. He has no previous convictions either here or in China and had arrived in Ireland to study English the previous August.

Det Sgt Tallon told John O’ Kelly SC, prosecuting that Yang and the woman were complete strangers but Yang claimed in interview that the sex had been consensual and that he loved the woman.

He told gardaí that he fled when they arrived on the scene because he had been having sex in a public place.

Det Sgt Tallon read the woman’s victim impact statement in which she said she found it really difficult to talk to people about what had happened and lost some close friends as a result.

She said it put “massive strain and pressure” on her relationship with her boyfriend and when she told her family about it she didn’t know how to put into words that she had been raped.

Det Sgt Tallon said the victim now needs to be “completely aware of her surroundings” and will no longer listen to music or read a book when she is travelling. She also had to defer her college exams.

Yang told Mr Justice Carney he had deep feelings of regret for what happened that night and was truly remorseful.

“I cannot express how ashamed I am. I can only hope that the woman can go on to live a life free from fear and anxiety,” Yang said before he apologised to the gardaí and everyone involved in the legal system.

His counsel Denis Vaughan Buckley SC, read a letter addressed to Mr Justice Carney in which Yang stated that he had ten drinks that night, while the most he had ever drank in China was one beer.

He said he was not offering this as an excuse but wanted the court to understand that his actions were out of character.

“I am sick to the stomach,” Yang wrote “I have never hurt a human being before.” He said he has brought dishonour to his family and great shame to his name.

“I know I cannot undo my mistake,” he said adding that he will return to China as soon as he served his prison sentence.

Yang’s sister said that her parents were in court to support their son and this trip was the first time they left China.

She apologised to the victim and her family and asked Mr Justice Carney for leniency.

She said her brother had come to Ireland to study English the August before the rape. She said he has since learned English and sat a leaving certificate maths exam while on remand in prison.

Mr Justice Carney remanded Yang in continuing custody and adjourned the case to next Monday for sentence.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/chinese-man-to-be-sentenced-later-for-rape-of-irish-student-551486.html#ixzz1v9DdHxsT
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/chinese-man-to-be-sentenced-later-for-rape-of-irish-student-551486.html

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

Soul wrote:Far too soft.

I hate the fact that their names won't be given, and they are treated as kids despite them doing what an insane adult would do.

IMP punishments should be given for 3 purposes.

1) As a part of justice for the victim (most of the time it can never be fully given)
2) To make him/her an example so that those who have such thoughts would think twice
3) Removing them from society making it more safe

Say what you wanna say but if punishments aren't given as harsh as possible, it would serve no purpose
Their names were announced, to discourage anyone else from doing that stuff scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat May 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I dont want to start something and will not reply to anyone who jumps at me but..

Most of the lads who raped the girl were of different decent than british, and the report also said over 50% of rapes in britian are done by those of none british ancestory.

I personally believe something has to be done in England about this, everyday i wake up and see more and more crime being done here, forgivable things like theft (which still is wrong) but when it gets to something like that, especially done by people britain has took in from thier lives in worse off countries why should the true people of britain stand for it any longer? having thier streets terrorised, thiers and loved ones lives threatend by these people who should not be in any society never mind a civilised one.

I am not a racist but it only makes the BNP and EDL look like they actually DO stand for something. It is a fact that englands laws on immigrants are soft and they are making Britain worse and worse.

Ofcourse this isnt a in depth assesment of the problems they are causing but i want it brought to people attention that people in england are seriously getting fed up with them.

Im not saying its right for only people of british decent to rape, murder or whatever but its a huge spit in the face when you think what the country has done for these people and the way they are going to repay is by acting like sick thugs.

There was another story in the paper recently about an asian grooming gang raping 13-15 year old girls and said that they see women as second class citizens and white women as 3rd class citizens. Also they said white girls are considered 'fair game'. Now as being a white person with an all white family i cant help but to automatically thing '*bleep* them all, they should all be sent back to wherever they come from' but i know its not as simple as that, i smoke weed with lots of cool asian/black people its not ALL of them BUT when does the line get crossed? when do people stand up and say thats enough, we cant risk it anymore.

Can i just repeat that again OVER HALF of rapes are commited by people who arent actually british in britain. ask yourself how would you feel if that was your country. it honestly makes me sick.

But before the racist brigade come calling i am only saying what i see and what i really think.

It is a HUGE problem and something needs to be done. even if it does mean everntually only having british people in britain.

Blerr! hate sounding like that but im sorry, its just how i feel.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: