Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football?

+27
goonbrain
dronte
harhar11
Ganso
guest7
RED
II Capitano
Zealous
EarlyPrototype
ronalessi
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
danyjr
urbaNRoots
Lord Hades
CBarca
Mahmud002
Doc
Albiceleste
pUsHa
McLewis
jibers
Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
The Franchise
leemhuis
BarrileteCosmico
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football? Empty Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:33 am

Real Madrid? Swancelona? BMG? U de Chile? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football? Empty Re: Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football?

Post by leemhuis Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 am

Napoli.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football? Empty Re: Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football?

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:48 am

I dont want to see anyone saying Barca dont play the best football, it doesnt matter if you agree or not, just for the sake of discussion "pretend" they do play the best football would you please?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:55 am

The Franchise wrote:I dont want to see anyone saying Barca dont play the best football, it doesnt matter if you agree or not, just for the sake of discussion "pretend" they do play the best football would you please?

But people have different definitions of understanding how to play football at a great level..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:56 am

Thats not the point.

If you want to discuss if Barca play the best football or not, make another thread.

This one is clearly for every other team, leaving Barca aside for a change.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:00 am

The Franchise wrote:Thats not the point.

If you want to discuss if Barca play the best football or not, make another thread.

This one is clearly for every other team, leaving Barca aside for a change.
Good.

As for my taste, i pick real madrid.

They get the results against basically everyone, while playing pretty good direct football for my taste. Just a bit of improvements against barcelona..(aka improving on how we played on cdr 2nd leg against barca) and i will be 100 percent ok with how we play.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 am

U de Chile
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 am

Just club sides? Im tempted by Chile..though I have only seen them one half post Bielsa.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 am

This thread is afail for many reasons. First of all what does best mean? Most effecient? Most eye pleasing? Most consistent? Most goals? Second of all why not include Barcelona? What is the reason other than OP imposing his opinion on others.

I take best football by entertainment and in this case Spurs win it comfortably for me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:18 am

Dunno about everywhere else, but we're playing some great football now. BMG obviously as well. Atletico have looked better. Spurs look unrecognizable from what I'm used to seeing as well. Feyenoord play a great brand too this season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:20 am

The reason Barca are out of it, I would guess, is because over half the forum cant discuss them rationally and resort to nonesense phrases like "defensive possession" completely ignoring the two fold purpose of it.

So, regardless of what measure you use for best football, leaving Barca out makes sense here. At least if you want to actually debate anything other than Barca.

Anyway best football, to my understanding is the is one which requires the highest amount of technical quality, intelligent positioning and play with effiecency.

There is no one measure for best football from my understanding, its a multitude of things plus personal preference.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 am

In my country everybody is booing a team that keeps passing and doing nothing for minutes, that is not the best football .... JM :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:01 am

Argentina, they play beautiful free flowing tiki taka football :coffee:

Barca aside, what is the team that plays the best football? 2112065409

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:01 am

Best as in which team can mix great style and appeal with a very result oriented approach?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahmud002 Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 am

Dortmund

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 am

Spurs EZ

Godric...godeth bale...van der god...adebaygod, ledley KING....the list goes on and on.

Excluding my bias, it's still Spurs, they play so lovely right now, even in the BPL.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:55 am

Doc wrote:Best as in which team can mix great style and appeal with a very result oriented approach?

using this criteria , has to be real madrid ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:02 am

Never liked Barcelona's style of football honestly

Always prefer direct football ala Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 am

Real Madrid
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Right now, looking at performance ONLY, Real Madrid. I think in a couple of years Manchester City and United will catch up. As well as Italian teams, they are on the road to improvement. Unless their talents get sucked up by EPL and Liga teams again.

But then again you have to consider these teams spent hell lot of money for their squad. Real Madrid are the most expensive squad in history of football, having spent more than €300 million for the squad. Same for Manchester City. For me German teams do better with so little money.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Juventus IMO, they create the most chances while playing a possession game but also very direct.......

Shame thier forwards cant finish them off Laughing

BVB and BMG are sexy too, Borussia FTW Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 pm

We play good football but we dont finish of our chances to be considered up there with the likes of Real Madrid who i think play the most entertaining brand of football.

Apart from that ,an in-form Bayern Munich side,BMG ofcourse..In Italy Udinese play a great brand of football.Would have said Napoli as well but they've been pretty poor in the league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Finishing chances =/= great football......

It dont matter for shit how many chances you miss, for example everyone use to say Arsenal play the best football a few years ago when they had RVP-Ade and Fabregas-Rosicky-Hleb-Flamini.......

But they missed crap load of chances, but it was great to watch.

Chile under Bielsa is another example, taking chances means f*ck all in this discussion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm

OL Ladies
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Finishing the chances you create make the teams football looks so much better imo. Getting an end product basically would actually make it more entertaining.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next