Khaled
guest7
BarcaKizz
36 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cristian 'The Flash' Tello - Page 6 Empty Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

free_cat wrote:Afellay on the wing wasn't much to be honest. Yes, he once dribled Marcelo and made a good cross that was hugely important to win the Champions League. That's about it. He generally lacked dribling, touch and goal as a winger.

As a central midfielder, he was a better player, but we are packed there.

How many did Afellay play? Did he even play 2 in a row before?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm

gondov wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Tello superior to Deulofeu? Nah, I dont buy that at all.

I agree with free, as in the youngster needs polishing and some details...but Tello right now isnt offering anything special. Work rate? Yes, its very impressive..but its not as if Deulofeu has shown us he is unwilling to do that.

Just saying, if he in the squad, I would rather see him start games than the captain of predictability, Tello.

As for Tello and Afellay directed at ree. Maybe in the future he can be better (I personally doubt it) but right now, he isnt. All I am really saying. I dont see a single attirubte that right now, he offers, that we couldnt of got out of Afellay. And if we are honest, its not like Tello has shown great improvements since he started...he looked better before when he was a surprise to everyone.

Anyway, while we dont have Alexis and Villa still not ready, we dont have any choice. My only point was its a shame Afellay didnt get this sort of chance, I think he would of done better with it.

I'm not saying Tello is more skilled than Dealofeu. Dealofeu does all that fancy stuff in Barca B because he is their main creative/tricky threat upfront.

In the real barca team, discipline and work rate is far more important if you are a winger. Dealofeu is too selfish and easily gets frustrated. If he had played vs Getafe yesterday , our left wing would have been destroyed.

To us fans, it seems, the more skilled player should start , but if you are a coach you look at the overall picture, you want someone who follows your orders and goes foward without leaving the rest of the team vulnerable. In barca B, I've often noticed Eusebio's frustration with dealofeu, as he tries to do his own thing.

If dealofeu doesnt improve this aspect of his game, I doubt he will bench tello in important matches. I'm not a big fan of Tello but I see why Tito trusts him upfront.

Hold the phone for a minute. Your making assumptions based on nothing.

Where was he not following orders? Where was he showing poor work rate? Your just assuming this is going to happen.

Are we saying its a bad thing Deulofeu tries to do individual moves? Really?

We all know he has some work to do, but I think your overdoing the issue here.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 pm

jiopsi wrote:
free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Btw, haven't seen single impressive game from Deulofeu yet in Barca A, atleast when compared to Cuenca, Tello or Afellay.

It's difficult to do that if he doesn't play, don't you think so?

In friendlies he has scored like 3 goals in 4 games?
Well yeah, played only two competitive games, but haven't impressed in friendlies either. Everything I have seen from him just have style over substance written all over it. Maybe he will prove me wrong this season, I hope so, but I've my doubts.

He doesn't have to prove you wrong this season. He just turned 18 you know. He will play in B, be the best player in second division by far and mature his game, and when he is ready come an impress with the first team. I think his friendlies with the A team have been quite good also.

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:Afellay on the wing wasn't much to be honest. Yes, he once dribled Marcelo and made a good cross that was hugely important to win the Champions League. That's about it. He generally lacked dribling, touch and goal as a winger.

As a central midfielder, he was a better player, but we are packed there.

How many did Afellay play? Did he even play 2 in a row before?

Don't know, but Afellay played 30+ official games for us and tello 25. I don't think Tello has played more than Afellay, and has at least shown the same as Afellay.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm

I would hazard a guess that more than half of Affelays games have been 15 minutes cameos with the game already over. Maybe more than half.

Afellay has never played as often as Tello has to start this season I believe. Not in terms of total minutes, starts or minutes per game.

I dont think Afellay showed much at all, I agree, but I also dont think he got much of a chance. Part of that was just because he had better players in front of him, part of that was he was injured....its mostly bad luck, bad timing in my opinion. But I do think if he was here from the start of this season, and played the games Tello has played so far this season, he would of done well/better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 pm

free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Btw, haven't seen single impressive game from Deulofeu yet in Barca A, atleast when compared to Cuenca, Tello or Afellay.

It's difficult to do that if he doesn't play, don't you think so?

In friendlies he has scored like 3 goals in 4 games?
Well yeah, played only two competitive games, but haven't impressed in friendlies either. Everything I have seen from him just have style over substance written all over it. Maybe he will prove me wrong this season, I hope so, but I've my doubts.

He doesn't have to prove you wrong this season. He just turned 18 you know. He will play in B, be the best player in second division by far and mature his game, and when he is ready come an impress with the first team. I think his friendlies with the A team have been quite good also.
I've no problem with that, but if he's not ready yet to play in first team, then why are we talking about him in this thread? Tello has already shown qualities to play games with first team, and is obvious choice, when first choice attackers are not ready.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Has Tello renewed officially? It's important that we secure his services.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but he has only played 2 UEFA games and already has 3 goals and 1 assist, right?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Donuts wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but he has only played 2 UEFA games and already has 3 goals and 1 assist, right?
3+1@4
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 pm

According to Wikipedia, 4 games in CL, 3 goals. (At least one assist).

Zubi talking about Tello; he has not renewed yet. Resign him Zubi!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:10 pm

I like that everyone is coming around on the kid, he's been a key asset
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 pm

he was good this game as we needed his speed, but still think he needs to improve a lot. i think his decision making was better this game, i like him better like this.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 am

Vilanova is a little bit more intelligent than Guardiola. his starting line up and his subs looks perfect. Tello needed in this game more than others and Tito got it right
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 am

billionmillion wrote:Vilanova is a little bit more intelligent than Guardiola. his starting line up and his subs looks perfect. Tello needed in this game more than others and Tito got it right

Pre-mature.

Tello was picked large in part because of his fitness, thats first of all.

Second, its very early with Tito..we will see how his subs and line ups are over time.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 pm

I know it sounds ironic but apart from the goal and assist he pretty much did nothing else.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 am

^ A bit unfair to the lad. He worked his a** against very fit and physical Russians.

I think at the moment, that is why he is keeping villa on the bench. The reason why Messi is "taking it easy" , Ibra -style, on the middle of the park is bcz of tello and pedro working their sox off!

I also think he is a role model for kids in La Masia. He is a hard worker and is naturally being rewarded. He isnt the most skilled but players like him will succeed @ barca as long as Messi is playing for us. He brings something different and very valuable. It doesnt look pleasing on the eye but its more important than dribbling past 3 diffenders and trying to score spectacular goals that grab headlines (Only Messi should be allowed to do that and even for him, he still loses the ball an awful lot of the time).

And lets be completely honest, on the wing there's really few options for any player, u either take your man or pass it back to to a more free player. He was directly involved in 2 goals, what more can you ask for?!!!

I'm a true believer in Tello now, I had my doubts but not anymore. GD7 has got his work cut out if he is gonna take tello's place in the squad. Maybe 5 years from now, but not in the immediate future.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 am

Danyjr, the thing is if you're a forward and you score and assist then you've done your job. He didn't do a lot wrong either. Ronaldo's made a career out of scoring at opportune moments.

It's not like a scored a tap in and just played a sideways pass assist either... those 2 plays were quality from him. I was very impressed. He's not the sort of player who's going to have an ever-present influence on games ever.

Gondov, I love your statement that he's a 'role model'. Couldn't agree more. With his tattoos and looks you wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit arrogant but the kid seems very humble and clearly works his ass off in training and in games. He reminds me a lot of Pedro. Some major differences but attitude-wise excellent. Don't see him ever being as well-rounded as Pedro, but he can make a career out of his skills thats for sure.

I've said it many times, we could do with the Tello type on the bench for years and years to come.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 am

I love tellos attitude. And I think he's underrated skill wise. He just needs to play smarter.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 am

I've said it many times, we could do with the Tello type on the bench for years and years to come.

100% agreed and always have. I would love to have Tello on the bench for a long Barca career, however, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want that role and left elsewhere. Here's to hoping that's not the case!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:36 am

Giggity5313 wrote:I love tellos attitude. And I think he's underrated skill wise. He just needs to play smarter.
I like your comment. I always say his decision making is off. I though he is one trick pony, but if he improves his decision making, play smarter, he can pull out more tricks. Also he needs to add more variety to his shooting. It is always the same. If he can do these two things, I think he can become excellent player, especially with his speed.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am

gondov wrote:I think at the moment, that is why he is keeping villa on the bench. The reason why Messi is "taking it easy" , Ibra -style, on the middle of the park is bcz of tello and pedro working their sox off!
He's not taking it easy because others work their socks off lol. You got it wrong way, it's because Messi is crowded in the middle, wings get more space to attack.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:35 am

And you see the way Leo was immediate in his praise for Tello?...Even Messi understands how valuable Tello is
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 am

Amazing performance,but still doesnt change my opinion that he is a liability.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:
gondov wrote:I think at the moment, that is why he is keeping villa on the bench. The reason why Messi is "taking it easy" , Ibra -style, on the middle of the park is bcz of tello and pedro working their sox off!
He's not taking it easy because others work their socks off lol. You got it wrong way, it's because Messi is crowded in the middle, wings get more space to attack.

He means working hard when not in possession... so this has nothing to do with Messi being crowded or there being space to attack...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Call me crazy but I am ok with using Pedro and Tello as our starters over Villa and Sanchez starting. Villa can come off late to try and snatch a goal and Sanchez can come on late and bring mayhem with his speed and aggression but as of now I think Tello and Pedro are working better as starters. Not only that, with how young Tello is he is only going to get better and could form a great partnership with Messi and Pedro killing the opposesison with speed down the flanks
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Although a bad performance of Villa yesterday I prefer the starting lineup to be MVP with Tello being a super sub.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:29 pm

windkick wrote:Call me crazy but I am ok with using Pedro and Tello as our starters over Villa and Sanchez starting. Villa can come off late to try and snatch a goal and Sanchez can come on late and bring mayhem with his speed and aggression but as of now I think Tello and Pedro are working better as starters. Not only that, with how young Tello is he is only going to get better and could form a great partnership with Messi and Pedro killing the opposesison with speed down the flanks

I agree with u. Tello's speed is a headache for most opposition and I can see him starting a lot of games.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next