Art Morte
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
Grande_Milano
Sushi Master
LeBéninois
15 posters

Go down

Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager  Empty Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Is Hiddink a great coach ?? Looks like he is always taking kind of EASY challenge ?? . i mean The guy just signed (or will soon) for ANZHi . will get paid 10millions brut. If he fails it will be , it not easy to make that little club in this obscur part of Russia ( created in 1991 ) a top club .
But he has all the money he wants , and if he buy reals good players, not famous one , he can really do something. If he fails ( he could reach at least europa league within 1year) he will be meh for me :coffee:

Even Redknapp is going to take a big risk by possibly take Englend manager job :facepalm:

Last edited by Bénin on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager  Empty Re: Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager

Post by Sushi Master Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Has been meh ever since Arshavin he dragged Russia to the semis of the Euro.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager  Empty Re: Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Has been meh ever since Arshavin he dragged Russia to the semis of the Euro.

He takes challenges that are not really one.

Failed hard with turkey , Has kind of success with chelsea but it was hard to be worse than Scolari ( Chelsea players was just re-motivated)
Then Anzhi , he better succeed Laughing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm

He said money not main thing hmm
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 pm

i dont understand how he has taken the 'easy' challenges? he has managed some of the biggest clubs and national teams in the world. ex) real madrid, netherlands, psv, valenica, russia

hes also done things with teams that know one would ever dream of ex) south korea, and russia.

like sushi said since russia he has been rather meh imo but still gus has never been one to take the 'easy' road.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:46 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont understand how he has taken the 'easy' challenges? he has managed some of the biggest clubs and national teams in the world. ex) real madrid, netherlands, psv, valenica, russia

hes also done things with teams that know one would ever dream of ex) south korea, and russia.

like sushi said since russia he has been rather meh imo but still gus has never been one to take the 'easy' road.

I see what you mean, i will rephrase. when i say "easy" i mean why for example he doesn't go to Spurs( as Harry is leaving) where there is a real challenge and also an exciting one. If he succeed in England he will be definitely top 3 , top 5 . But right now he is just good Also i said kind of easy and it was a question.

Last edited by Bénin on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Capello to Inter even more likely now despite fans not wanting him...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 pm

As with all of the Anzhi team, I don't care.

Let them earn their money, but there's no football glory to be gained there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Since 2000

Real Betis, South Korea, PSV, Australia, Russia, Turkey and now Anzhi.

All (other than PSV) low risk, no huge pressure to win and any type of success will by celebrated.

I dont know if he is a great coach or not, because he simply doesnt want to coach a really huge club.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Is Hiddink GREAT ? New Anzhi manager  Scaled.php?server=803&filename=25hd8ag

low risk maybe but he has done plenty with high stress top clubs and national teams to be considered a great coach. he obviously gets more out of building a team than maintaining a team.

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Since 2000

Real Betis, South Korea, PSV, Australia, Russia, Turkey and now Anzhi.

All (other than PSV) low risk, no huge pressure to win and any type of success will by celebrated.I dont know if he is a great coach or not, because he simply doesnt want to coach a really huge club.
Well-said .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 pm

exactly what franchise said...

he is hugely overrated. got a lot of praise for the rigged korea world cup...and has done nothing from then on.

doesn't take on real challenges with big clubs with big pressure.

overrated is my verdict.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I think Hiddink just enjoys building club/national teams up from nothing. Look at Australia, Russia, South Korea, etc. This is actually a very different challenge for him, as results will be expected. Granted they're not exactly in one of the top leagues, but they have serious money, and you had better believe they are going to spend before FFP comes into full effect. If Hiddink fails to acheive nearly immediate success, I can see these owners reacting badly (ala Abromovich) and sacking him.

To an extent, I agree with Art. Unlike Man City, Malaga and (to an extent) PSG, Anzhi aren't in one of the bigger leagues, playing against bigger teams. Because of this, I'm inclined not to care too much. For me, the reports of Anzhi spending this much or that much for players and coaches are rather boring. Honestly, it smells of a rich retirement home for once great players and coaches. In this sense, Hiddink's appointment was something of a surprise. He is known for taking projects and building them up, as I already said. Regardless of how "great" you may or may not think he is, he is not known for biding his time and collecting a pay check. I fully expected Capello to come in and do precisely that. Perhaps Hiddink is ready for an "easy" asignment, or perhaps he sees real ambition... Only time will tell.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Taking a cheap shot as Pep aint going to disprove what I said.

Guardiola is coaching one of the best team in history and every single one of his players say he is most important thing in their success.

As I said, Hiddink hasnt proven anything.

Guardiola's CV is already more impressive than him and Hiddink probably has underwear older than him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

its the difference between maintaining a team and building a team. that is all. thats what the comic shows. some teams are easier to maintain than others.

this is my point. id like to see any big team manager, pep included, to take over the likes of south korea and do as well as he has done.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Except Pep built this team so that doesnt work.

Taking over a lesser team and doing well is admirable, but its easier than being at a big club and constantly having the pressure to do well.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:its the difference between maintaining a team and building a team. that is all. thats what the comic shows. some teams are easier to maintain than others.

this is my point. id like to see any big team manager, pep included, to take over the likes of south korea and do as well as he has done.
didnt u see how south korea won over italy and spain??
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

viepr149 wrote:exactly what franchise said...

he is hugely overrated. got a lot of praise for the rigged korea world cup...and has done nothing from then on.

doesn't take on real challenges with big clubs with big pressure.

overrated is my verdict.

What makes u think it was rigged? In fact, i wonder about some WCs...I might start a topic about it Razz

Anyway, I rate Hiddick one of the best. I understand Dani's argument, no high expectations and pressure, but Chelsea's 6 months says a lot.... abd to achieve what he did with especially with S.Korea is unprecidenced...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Wasn't S.Korea kind of advantaged by the refs ?? . I didn't get to watch them a single time.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Better than Benitez for sure.

Don't forget he took the Chelsea job and did a very good job. Not such a low risk job being Roman's employee Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:16 am

How is coaching South Korea, Australia, and Russia an easy challenge?

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 am

Blue wrote:How is coaching South Korea, Australia, and Russia an easy challenge?

All (other than PSV ) low risk, no huge pressure to win and any type of success will by celebrated
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 am

the reason i rate guus is not because he takes lesser teams and pushes them to the top of their ceiling.

this is part of it

but looking at the general picture he is a manager who is very good tactically, and one who has faired well with top teams as well, did really well with chelsea in that second part of the season. with madrid he was unlucky and not particularly smart to say barca were the better team in any circumstance especially in the time of 'lets fire every and any coach'. he also did fairly well with the dutch national team and was unlucky to lose in the semis to brazil.

the fact that he chooses a different type of team to manage than what is mainstream doesnt reflect poorly on his past triumphs, he just has a different way about going about business.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:12 am

Someone please make me a picture of Hiddink wearing hipster glasses lol.

Anyway, Hiddink is not an overrated coach. Getting Australia to the r016 (so close to getting to the quarters) after a 30 year absence of wc is no small feat.

Given his large salary (in the eyes of the Australian Football Federation), he was expected to do well (aka get to the wc).

But, it must be noted that the Aussie's had a golden generation at that time, so that had an impact on Hiddink's success.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 am

Bénin wrote:Wasn't S.Korea kind of advantaged by the refs ?? . I didn't get to watch them a single time.

Italy had 3 goals ruled offside v S. Korea

---

Also, Hiddink got Australia out of a World Cup group with Brazil, Japan and Croatia in it. Give the man some credit !!! Also, it took a dubious 90th minute penalty for Italy to defeat Australia in the next round.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum