Have Barcelona abandoned their 20+ years philosophy?

+33
Seppuku
Gil
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
alexjanosik
Vapotrini
Mr_Puyol
Emaharg
Ganso
Dnmac4
white_star
ronalessi
Zealous
spanky
windkick
paperbackwriter
billionmillion
ijomer
CBarca
harhar11
aleumdance
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
Senor Penguin
che
RebaƱo Sagrado
Pedram
la bestia negra
Aensensen
Babun
McAgger
guest7
jibers
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have Barcelona abandoned their 20+ years philosophy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have Barcelona abandoned their 20+ years philosophy?

Post by Babun Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 pm

The whole game plan was hoofball today until agent Cex came on. if it isn't against tiki taka philosophy then I don't know.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Have Barcelona abandoned their 20+ years philosophy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have Barcelona abandoned their 20+ years philosophy?

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Barca play a game where they are behind, play like shit and resort to panic tactics at the end --------------> abandoned 20 year philosophy?

This thread is a funny one Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:48 pm

CBarca wrote:Barca play a game where they are behind, play like shit and resort to panic tactics at the end --------------> abandoned 20 year philosophy?

They did it agaisnt Madrid in the 2nd copa leg. Xavi was practically playing sweeper by the end ffs. They kept pumping the ball up field, and againsyt Villareal, theres a dangerous trend in Barcas play atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:53 pm

When they do it consistently all season long then you can say they abandoned their philosophy.

A couple isolated cases (if you can even call it that) is not abandoning a 20 year philosophy. It's obvious this year that we play the same way we always do Very Happy

Knee = jerked

Funny nontheless Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
jibers wrote:As we saw today, Barcelona were constantly crossing from the wings, and drilling in long balls into the box. Is there a shift away from philosophy Cruyff instilled? Thoughts...

Here we go again, more :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

the most butthurt cry baby barca fan after khaledbarca! right here ^^

at least give argument, instead of facepalms, hes telling the truth... you can't argue kuz.. i can't hear your voice over my 10 point lead
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:The philosopher can keep on rambling about tiki taka and so can the other Cruyff minions. At the end of the day, they utilize the same "anti-football" tactics that every other team does. Especially when they're in the sh*tter. Against mighty Getafe they resorted to hoofing the ball towards Pique and today Valdes didn't see his usual 50% possession. He hoofed the ball as well.

Anti-football? we had over 65% possesion andhad far more chances to score..
He wasn't refering to possession but to the way Farca played today. I guess you didn't read the OP. Basically, your team hoofed the ball into the box from defenders to all others. When other teams play this tactics, we're called anti footballers.
Today, Farca was basically rich man's Stoke City (alexjanosik loves the term). Stoke have competition Laughing

I guess you didn't see the whole game then. Seeing as barca were trying in everyway to get into goal scoring opportunity, not just long ball..

And if barca would have given up on thjeir philosophy then you wouldn't see valdes still making short passes and if you saw the game it was because of that the osasuna scored their 3rd goal..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:58 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:The philosopher can keep on rambling about tiki taka and so can the other Cruyff minions. At the end of the day, they utilize the same "anti-football" tactics that every other team does. Especially when they're in the sh*tter. Against mighty Getafe they resorted to hoofing the ball towards Pique and today Valdes didn't see his usual 50% possession. He hoofed the ball as well.

He wasn't refering to possession but to the way Farca played today. I guess you didn't read the OP. Basically, your team hoofed the ball into the box from defenders to all others. When other teams play this tactics, we're called anti footballers.
Today, Farca was basically rich man's Stoke City (alexjanosik loves the term). Stoke have competition Laughing

I guess you didn't see the whole game then. Seeing as barca were trying in everyway to get into goal scoring opportunity, not just long ball..

And if barca would have given up on thjeir philosophy then you wouldn't see valdes still making short passes and if you saw the game it was because of that the osasuna scored their 3rd goal..
You attest Valdez' inability to short passing? eco smile
As far as the game goes, hoofball galore after 10th minute. I don't get how you could deny it Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:59 pm

harhar11 wrote:

Possession does not equal "tiki-taka", dear. We've heard a lot of people from Cruyff's entourage speak of "anti-football" but when they resort to the very same tactics they become oblivious to their former uttering and deem such tactics appropriate.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm

guys on thing I have learnt with Barcelona fans on EVERY forum

never argue with the, cuz non Barca fans have NEED to make sense
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:02 pm

jibers wrote:
CBarca wrote:Barca play a game where they are behind, play like shit and resort to panic tactics at the end --------------> abandoned 20 year philosophy?

They did it agaisnt Madrid in the 2nd copa leg. Xavi was practically playing sweeper by the end ffs. They kept pumping the ball up field, and againsyt Villareal, theres a dangerous trend in Barcas play atm.

And it means we abondon our philosophy? God some posters here are just so jealous, always picking on Barca eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Cuenca Tello Roberto Tiago is not barca's first team players. Sanchez is new comer, Fabregas too. Messi Abidal Pique Puyol was the only old system players on the pitch. if players change then its expected the play will change too. why is it so difficult to understand?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:06 pm

CBarca wrote:When they do it consistently all season long then you can say they abandoned their philosophy.

A couple isolated cases (if you can even call it that) is not abandoning a 20 year philosophy. It's obvious this year that we play the same way we always do Very Happy

Knee = jerked

Funny nontheless Smile

That...

ijomer wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
jibers wrote:As we saw today, Barcelona were constantly crossing from the wings, and drilling in long balls into the box. Is there a shift away from philosophy Cruyff instilled? Thoughts...

Here we go again, more :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

the most butthurt cry baby barca fan after khaledbarca! right here ^^

at least give argument, instead of facepalms, hes telling the truth... you can't argue kuz.. i can't hear your voice over my 10 point lead

Yea, keep celebrating about other teams beating us and not urselves eco smile I did write it, and ill say it again to u. We play as usual, and in periods in game even we do cross high balls and pump long balls. Our style doesnt mean we limit ourselves only to short passes.... does that make sense? I guess not anyway, but I try... eco smile

Immortal Babun wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

You attest Valdez' inability to short passing? eco smile
As far as the game goes, hoofball galore after 10th minute. I don't get how you could deny it Very Happy

This shows exactly why its pointless in discussing with some ppl here....maybe I should give up :lol!:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 pm

CBarca wrote:When they do it consistently all season long then you can say they abandoned their philosophy.

Knee = jerked

Funny nontheless Smile

Trollololol!

The only team Real Madrid have played defensive and physical football against is Barcelona since Mou arrived. Against every other opponent we've been the team that play offensive football. Still some of you lot have dubbed Madrid "anti-football" and "Real Stoke" and whatnot. Now the same logic is used against Barcelona and it's "a couple of isolated cases"...
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Barca haters out in full swing.

Face it, Barca year in and year out always look sluggish around this time of the year and we are going through a phase of trying out our youngsters. Difference is usually we are ahead of Madrid and can afford to lose points and this year we are behind. Still allot of season left to play
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

Knee = jerked

Funny nontheless Smile

Trollololol!

The only team Real Madrid have played defensive and physical football against is Barcelona since Mou arrived. Against every other opponent we've been the team that play offensive football. Still some of you lot have dubbed Madrid "anti-football" and "Real Stoke" and whatnot. Now the same logic is used against Barcelona and it's "a couple of isolated cases"...

Huh so what are u saying? That we have abondoned our style becos we had a game where we pumped a fwe high balls into the box??
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

Knee = jerked

Funny nontheless Smile

Trollololol!

I can understand your point of view but I'm just saying this from my perspective.

I'm not one of the people that says Real Madrid play anti-football or anything lol, you can find posts of my frustration towards Madrid players during El Clasico due to kicking and such, but if you can find a post of mine referencing Madrid playing anti-football vs other teams in the leagues I will give you a lot of these :bow: and plus rep you.

And it is a couple of isolated cases. I don't think you can argue with that? When has Barca shown CONSISTENTLY throughout the season that they play in a way other than their normal philosophy?

This is a troll attempt by OP obviously Very Happy Very Happy

And i do appreciate the laughs it gave me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:59 pm

pitch was horrible and was probably intentionally ruptured.

/thread
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 am

Mother nature is clearly anti-cule

Volcanoes, rain, wind, ice. It all makes sense now, conspiracy solved :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 am

It was too cold for Lil Missi. Embarassed
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:52 am

Lol nothing lasts forever, teams never stay on the top forever! Good run they won 2 cls 3 la ligas amongst other trophies.

Not a big deal I wish my team had a run like that, some fans can only dream of such success!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 am

spanky489 wrote:pitch was horrible and was probably intentionally ruptured.

/thread

BINGO, I'm stunned no one has said this until now.

You can't play tiki taka on a frozen pitch.

Now if some of you genius' on here watched the game and couldn't figure that out and instead think Barca is changing the way they play then I just don't know what to tell you, maybe try and go buy an IQ somewhere if that's possible if not then you flat out have a low IQ and nothing can be done for you.

I mean it couldn't have been more obvious. The games we struggled in the most this year were Bilbao away in a driving rain storm with massive winds and today with a totally frozen over pitch.

Only an idiot would try to keep playing in a way not made possible by the field conditions while getting beat. Is that what you wanted from Barca today? To not change it up and get beat 5-0?

If you want to say Tiki Taka is ineffective in horrible weather and usually depends on fair to good field conditions then yes your right but again if you had any kind of IQ you already knew that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 am

the pitch was shetty for both sides you know Rolling Eyes

edit:i didnt neg you btw
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 am

Report Crouch and Samba targets for Barcelona.

:lucas:
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:16 am

Nes-T33 wrote:the pitch was shetty for both sides you know Rolling Eyes

edit:i didnt neg you btw

Yes I know. Some sides are more suited to playing on a pitch like that and Barca with a team full of technically excellent midgets is not one of them.

Why is it so hard to grasp that certain field conditions can be an advantage for certain teams?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 am

windkick wrote:Barca haters out in full swing.

Face it, Barca year in and year out always look sluggish around this time of the year and we are going through a phase of trying out our youngsters. Difference is usually we are ahead of Madrid and can afford to lose points and this year we are behind. Still allot of season left to play

hahahha i pity you if you even believe you have a chance!! just give the cup and pasillo to us and avoid further widening of the gap... there's absolutely NO hope for league this year, and I WISH mourinho runs around camp nou in april and celebrate with sprinklers on, u guys deserve it.
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:51 am

ijomer what would make you more happy,a barca loss or a madrid win?
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum