Lord Hades
futbol_bill
pepe_el loco
guest7
LeSwagg James
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Old Men's Thread:  The official Bill, Shaven & Sportsczy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Old Men's Thread: The official Bill, Shaven & Sportsczy thread

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 19:13

France is the same way as Spain... I actually think that the football factory setup was initiated there and then followed by Spain. If France and Spain can maintain these academies, they will both have very good teams all the time. Problem with France is that we like to self destruct for whatever reason... But we always have a top shelf squad and, with the amount of youth being produced, that's not going to change.

Back to top Go down

Old Men's Thread:  The official Bill, Shaven & Sportsczy thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Old Men's Thread: The official Bill, Shaven & Sportsczy thread

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 4:34

France have a very good youth.. I agree with sportsczy, I visited paris and they really gave me a challenge. I have a cousin who is crazy good in paris and he has a huge chance of making it pro for sure, and that is of course thanks to their great youth system. Don't forget Algeria. Algeria has some of the best players at my age I have ever seen (along with france)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:22

Doc wrote:While I wouldn't deny that Spain is producing more talent than they used to (you know, since you're actually in Spain), I don't think any country can produce as many quality players in abundance as Brasil does. To show you how insane Brasil is, they had to skip a "footballing generation" (Adriano, Kaka, Diego, Ronaldinho) and went with green horns like Pato, Neymar, Ganso, Lucas (Sao Paulo), Ramires and still look mightily dangerous.

But I would gladly admit Spain is not that far behind. May I ask how exactly did this take place. Was it inspired by Germany's youth revolution or just a really good crop of youngsters Spain has been blessed with?!

I do believe it is because of Cruff with Barcelona. I know most people in this forum don't like to hear this, but it is around the time Cruff told barcelona to fix their academy doing something like Ajax, that things began to change here. But as I said earlier the style etc has evolved. One clear difference is most futbolers get involved in coaching after their playing days so we have a wealth of coaching depth (for all ages).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:23

Sorry Sportczy, I'm biased. I think the Spanish factory is superior to France's.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:29

futbol_bill wrote:Sorry Sportczy, I'm biased. I think the Spanish factory is superior to France's.

Remember that in 2000, France was exactly in the same place as Spain is now... WC and Euro champs with a vaunted youth system.

As far as Italian players (and English ones too), they never leave their domestic leagues. It just almost never happens. That's why you may not hear about them as much. I followed Serie A a lot and they had a boatload of talent there. England... they have good players. Just not as good as they think and there isn't a lot of tactical diversity there (although better today than in the past as foreign managers have taken over). So when they go against different tactics as part of their NT, they look like deers in the headlights very often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:30

Which player does Neymar remind you the most of?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:32

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Which player does Neymar remind you the most of?

Honestly... Ronaldinho.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:34

The sad thing is, had Ajax come in terms with Cruyff, maybe they would be the ones dominating the world today. It's so sad that the coach of Ajax had to argue with Cruyff. It pains me that Barcelona are dominating as much as they are now, I truly hope it will end.

Probably not so bad for you Senor Bill, after all Spain is also getting some of the perks.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:42

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Which player does Neymar remind you the most of?

A slightly taller Romario...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3