RealGunner
Ganso
VanDeezNuts
aford92
Valkyrja
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How highly do you rate R9 ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate R9 ?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Every bit Messi's equal. And then some.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Best striker I have ever seen.

Take away titles and things in which his injuries prevent him from winning, take those away and look with your eyes, 97-99 Ronaldo is the best individual striker I have ever seen.

The most dominating striker, the most unstoppable. The Shaquille O Neal of strikers.

Messi, Maradona, Cruyff were not strikers...Pele was borderline, for example in 70' Tostao played up front and Pele was behind him in a second striker type role.

Gerd Müller was fantastic, but attribute for attribute, dominance over other centerbacks, he wasnt as good as Ronaldo in those 2-3 years.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm

So many strikers that were better than muller
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 am

Best player I have seen, period, and that includes Messi.

I could be a bit biased though, individually, Ronaldo is just too fast and skillful. Messi probably has more influence for his team and make more play making abilities though. But Ronaldo as a pure striker is definitely the best.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 am

I think he's the best striker ever.. I'm trying to avoid using GOAT when it comes to football anymore, there is no clear cut GOAT like Michael Jordan in basketball for example..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 am

jibers wrote:R9 was a great forward,but best of all time? ROFL, not even close ffs. He had one good season at Barca were he scored a lort of goals, but Even Mourinho said that R9 was lazy and did nothing but score for 90 mins ffs.

Gerd Muller without a doubt is the best striker to ever play in Europe. WTF has R9 done that Muller didnt do? Muller was more decisive and did what he was paid to do. Scored in 2 out of 3 champions league final, scored in the european championship final and scored in the WC final that gave West Germany the lead.

R9 was a great player but he didn't really do anything. Won the Balon d'or in 97 when Barcelona players didn't even think he was their best player, they thought Enrique was, and he was their best player that season. Won the balon d'or afetr being injured half the season and then scores goals in the WC when Rivaldo was by far Brazils best player, the myth is far greater than the man, I assure you.

Lol Mourinho also said he was the best player he ever saw

One good season? What about his Inter years? He was still the best striker in the world even at Madrid.. How do you win 3 FPOTY, and 2 Ballon D'or awards with one good season? His WC goals were tap ins? Lol

Its ok to think Muller is better or that he is over rated but you can't say he only had one good year
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Best striker I have ever seen.

Take away titles and things in which his injuries prevent him from winning, take those away and look with your eyes, 97-99 Ronaldo is the best individual striker I have ever seen.

The most dominating striker, the most unstoppable. The Shaquille O Neal of strikers.

Messi, Maradona, Cruyff were not strikers...Pele was borderline, for example in 70' Tostao played up front and Pele was behind him in a second striker type role.

Gerd Müller was fantastic, but attribute for attribute, dominance over other centerbacks, he wasnt as good as Ronaldo in those 2-3 years.

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm

jibers wrote:R9 was a great forward,but best of all time? ROFL, not even close ffs. He had one good season at Barca were he scored a lort of goals, but Even Mourinho said that R9 was lazy and did nothing but score for 90 mins ffs.

Gerd Muller without a doubt is the best striker to ever play in Europe. WTF has R9 done that Muller didnt do? Muller was more decisive and did what he was paid to do. Scored in 2 out of 3 champions league final, scored in the european championship final and scored in the WC final that gave West Germany the lead.

R9 was a great player but he didn't really do anything. Won the Balon d'or in 97 when Barcelona players didn't even think he was their best player, they thought Enrique was, and he was their best player that season. Won the balon d'or afetr being injured half the season and then scores goals in the WC when Rivaldo was by far Brazils best player, the myth is far greater than the man, I assure you.

So true.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Out of all the endless hours of video footage I have watched I have seen only one of true striker that can compare, and that would be Puskas.

Two best strikers I have ever seen by some margin.

But imho if Ronaldo did not blow out his knees so many times he would of been considered the best ever.

Also Ronaldo's international record is probably the best of any player ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm

I am also of Jibers opinion to be honest, this is a case of people rating the talent rather than the player. Not to say that he achieved nothing, but he didnt achieve as much as his "talent" suggested he would. Myth is far exceeding the legend, just like with Maradona.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum