Patrick Bateman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Juventus - AS Roma  - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus - AS Roma

Post by ErPupone Tue 24 Jan - 10:15

The Fonz wrote:
Cotes wrote:
narbeZ wrote:We deserve this win...We should have beat Juve in the league to be honest. If it weren't for our lack of finish in front of goal.

I bet if Vucinic scores he celebrates. I'm not to worried about that though...our back 4 have been excellent recently...

Now, if they start Toni, then I'll begin to worry. Our set piece defending is still suspect...(see Lodi FK 2 weeks ago, watch Cesena's corners last game...)

Juve doesn't scare me in the least bit. We should be able to boss them on Tuesday...

WTF??
Dude...I'm loving how Roma is playing but don't get ahead of yourself

Roma deserved to win?
De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake
Juve had about 65% Possession
Roma didn't even have 5 shots on target
ROMA COULDN'T EVEN SCORE A PENALTY!!!!!!!

"We should be able to boss them on Tuesday..."
Sigh... :facepalm:

LOL

We had a a good few players missing for that fixture,De Rossi was playing as a CB ffs.We also had 2 golden chances towards the end of the game to win it.

and here are the match stats.

47% 53%

4 Shots on target 9

8 Shots wide 12

Lol, I wonder where that 65% came from.

And De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake... your point? Vidal f***ed up, goal conceded, not an excuse.

And the penalty, so what? Let's not mention the name of a former Juventus player who missed a penalty in the final of a World Cup and lost... or Baggio

PS - Just in case you didn't get that last one, I was talking about Trezeguet.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue 24 Jan - 10:20

Anyways back to this game, Juve have a lot of injuries to deal with. But either way, it's still going to take a great all-round performance to beat them. Our defense could not afford to make a single mistake or else Borriello/Del Piero will be ready to strike. Our full backs, most probably Taddei and Rosi, will have to very aware defensively as we cannot risk being caught outnumbered on the counter. Basically, it's a match that really could go either way. However, FORZA ROMA!

Angel. Even when we play well we can't predict these line-ups!

Last edited by ErPupone on Tue 24 Jan - 10:44; edited 1 time in total
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue 24 Jan - 10:21

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Cotes wrote:
narbeZ wrote:We deserve this win...We should have beat Juve in the league to be honest. If it weren't for our lack of finish in front of goal.

I bet if Vucinic scores he celebrates. I'm not to worried about that though...our back 4 have been excellent recently...

Now, if they start Toni, then I'll begin to worry. Our set piece defending is still suspect...(see Lodi FK 2 weeks ago, watch Cesena's corners last game...)

Juve doesn't scare me in the least bit. We should be able to boss them on Tuesday...

WTF??
Dude...I'm loving how Roma is playing but don't get ahead of yourself

Roma deserved to win?
De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake
Juve had about 65% Possession
Roma didn't even have 5 shots on target
ROMA COULDN'T EVEN SCORE A PENALTY!!!!!!!

"We should be able to boss them on Tuesday..."
Sigh... :facepalm:

LOL

We had a a good few players missing for that fixture,De Rossi was playing as a CB ffs.We also had 2 golden chances towards the end of the game to win it.

and here are the match stats.

47% 53%

4 Shots on target 9

8 Shots wide 12

Lol, I wonder where that 65% came from.

And De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake... your point? Vidal f***ed up, goal conceded, not an excuse.

And the penalty, so what? Let's not mention the name of a former Juventus player who missed a penalty in the final of a World Cup and lost... or Baggio

PS - Just in case you didn't get that last one, I was talking about Trezeguet.

I'm nt saying Totti isn't boom & penalties will always score but how can it be said that Roma deserved to win?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue 24 Jan - 10:28

To be honest, in a match like that one, a case could be made for either team deserving to win. Both teams missed a lot of chances in what was an incredibly open match. Roma dominated possession for certain periods, while Juventus were extremely dangerous when breaking forward.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 24 Jan - 12:44

Not looking good 2-0 down at the break.

LE should take of Angel bring on Rosi switch Taddei to LB and Perrotta for Simplicio.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Tue 24 Jan - 13:53

Good game guys.

You kept the ball too much in your own field. As soon as you wanted to attack you kept losing it.

I like Enriques idea, however you need more classy players to implement it in my opinion.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue 24 Jan - 14:16

ErPupone wrote:To be honest, in a match like that one, a case could be made for either team deserving to win. Both teams missed a lot of chances in what was an incredibly open match. Roma dominated possession for certain periods, while Juventus were extremely dangerous when breaking forward.

After 2-0 we stopped the posession game and changed to 3-5-2 also we played without Vidal,Marchisio,Vucinic,Vidal who are vital palyers for us but you missed some palyers to , btw u got bright future guys I must admit that
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Tue 24 Jan - 16:14

we outplayed Roma in every sense
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 24 Jan - 17:00

Gratz Juventini. You guys were outstanding on the counter. We just couldn't cope. Conte set you up perfectly to combat our possession style. Del Piero's goal was absolute class. His first touch is still quite exquisite.

Well I hope this loss grounds us again like the one against Fiorentina. We're still growing, still very vulnerable to sides like Juve when they set up to counter. Our defense was all over the place. Heinze's lack of pace was ruthlessly exposed, Kjaer actually proved be surprisingly our best defender as he was constantly shifting over to plug the holes left by Heinze's maddening decisions to try and cover the full-backs, but he was very unlucky for his own goal. Taddei got absolutely destroyed by Estigarribia though, just couldn't handle the direct running from the Paraguayan. Easily his worst performance from his new position.

Pjanic showed none of his dynamism today. Simplicio simply looked too timid and intimidated, which is so bizarre considering how experienced he is as a midfielder. Gago was steady, but was just overrun by Pirlo and Co.

Bojan and Lamela were both woefully anonymous and provided Totti with nothing to work with. Lamela's red was fully deserved for that petulant stamp on Chiellini. Bojan barely touched the ball at all. He's clearly low on confidence and not even starts are remedying that. His only saving grace today is that Borini didn't look too much better when he came on.

From a tactical sense, it was a tough game to watch as Juve hit us in the same spots repeatedly and with alarming success. We never tweaked ourselves to try and stem the tid and stuck to our game. This was the Roma from the Fall and not the Roma we saw last week.

We have to put this game behind us though and not drop our heads against Bologna. The cup was our only viable chance at silverware, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue 24 Jan - 19:19

was at work... i don't even wanna know details now
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 25 Jan - 3:23

Neal summed it up perfectly Thumbs up

Im pissed of how we conceded the goals though the first and the 3rd from counter attacks actually it was like that throughout most of the game all Roma possession but getting hammered on the counter if that was a more clinical Juve side last night the score would have been much worse.

Don't know what Lamela was thinking with that stamp on Chiellini he said he was provoked bad I say it was just down to frustration more than anything.Still doesn't excuse that type of behaviour though.

The important thing is now all the focus shifts to Bologna on Sunday where we will be hoping to see us bounce stratight back from this defeat.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed 25 Jan - 9:39

Agree with u Neal, except for the point on Kjaer. Ok, saying he was our best defender isn't saying much, but he had a terrible time out there. His marking was woeful on the first goal and he seemed uncertain on the second one, I won't blame him for the own goal because he had to go in for that one. I just really don't feel confident with him in our back line, he often does seem to be up to the task. Every time I doubt the importance of Juan, I see how important he is through games like this.

Pjanic was probably our most dangerous player, but only due to a few attempts from far out. In terms of creativity, no one really provided that spark that could make the difference in games like these. Our best chance was through Borini off Totti's backheal, but he was offside so it wouldn't have counted anyway.

As for the red card, which is basically the image of frustration that sums up the match, I'm not gunna go down hard on Lamela because it's difficult to see what happened before. From the second angle they showed, it looked like he was brought down by Chiellini (though it's tough to understand anything from either of the angles they showed). There has to be a reason for Lamela'a reaction, unfortunately there's not much evidence to base our judgments on. As long as it doesn't happen again, because either way you can't let yourself lose your cool like that and risk getting multi-game bans.

DeviAngel wrote:
ErPupone wrote:To be honest, in a match like that one, a case could be made for either team deserving to win. Both teams missed a lot of chances in what was an incredibly open match. Roma dominated possession for certain periods, while Juventus were extremely dangerous when breaking forward.

After 2-0 we stopped the posession game and changed to 3-5-2 also we played without Vidal,Marchisio,Vucinic,Vidal who are vital palyers for us but you missed some palyers to , btw u got bright future guys I must admit that

I was talking about our first game against you guys, 1-1 lol.

johniet wrote:we outplayed Roma in every sense

Way to contribute to the thread bro!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 25 Jan - 9:48

johniet wrote:we outplayed Roma in every sense

We still had more possession though. :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed 25 Jan - 19:50

Ugg, just finished watching the game.

I knew we were gonna be in trouble with Taddei at RB...

The feed I had, the commentators heaped praise on Jose Angel, but honestly he did about 20% of what Taddei has been doing offensively (for the better part of 5 or so league games) on the left side...He was noticeable defensively, but was absolutely brutal going forward...Our midfield looked really disjointed. Simplicio and Pjanic couldn't find Totti all night...

Simplicio had his first bad game in a long time, as well as Pjanic... Totti had no space all game, he looked a bit tired tbh, he should have probably been rested.

This was really a disappointing effort to me. It kind of reminded me a bit like our first game in CL groups a few years ago against Bayern, in that it looked like we weren't playing to win from the start, and showing way to much respect to Juve, who frankly don't deserve it.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed 25 Jan - 19:56

The Fonz wrote:Not looking good 2-0 down at the break.

LE should take of Angel bring on Rosi switch Taddei to LB and Perrotta for Simplicio.

I was hoping for the exact same thing, tbh that's the way the game should have started, unless Rosi had some nagging injury of some sorts...
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri 27 Jan - 0:50

narbeZ wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Not looking good 2-0 down at the break.

I was hoping for the exact same thing, tbh that's the way the game should have started, unless Rosi had some nagging injury of some sorts...

Yeah,I also felt he should have went with Juan who has been in terrific form of late instead of Kjaer.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 27 Jan - 11:14

I understand LE wanting to give Kjaer another shot and I think that might have been his last one. He has never really impressed and I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go at the end of the season.

Taddei struggled with Estigarribia going at him all night. Angel has potential, but he lacks character, he needs to be more aggressive and impose himself down his flank. Pjanic also has to do the same when it comes down to these big games.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2