The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread

+4
Forza
celikmilan
Ganso
mr.galliani
8 posters

Go down

The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread Empty The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread

Post by mr.galliani Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Fellow Milanisti, it is January. That means all players in the last six months of their contract are free to discuss terms with any other club, and we have many of those players. Last season many of us expect a much larger clear-out than what turned out in reality, with many of our old guard being handed pessimistic one year contracts, very few being handed long term contracts. This leaves us this season with even more players with an expiring contract.

They are:

Flavio Roma, Goalkeeper - 37 years old (500,000 euro's per annum)

Alessandro Nesta, Defender - 35 years old (2,500,000)
Gianluca Zambrotta, Defender 34 years old (3,500,000)
Mario Yepes, Defender - 36 years old (1,000,000)

Mark van Bommel, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,500,000)
Gennaro Gattuso, Midfielder - 34 years old (4,000,000)
Clarence Seedorf, Midfielder - 35 years old (3,000,000)
Mattheiu Flamini, Midfielder - 27 years old (4,500,000)
Massimo Ambrosini, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,000,000)

Pippo Inzaghi, Forward - 38 years old (800,000)

Alberto Aquilani, Midfielder - 27 years old (option of redemption for circa 7m euro's) (2,000,000)
Alexandar Merkel, Midfielder - 19 years old (co-owned)

I have already heard whispers that Flavio Roma will be released and replaced by either Donnarumma (out on loan at Gubbio) or Piscitelli (in the Primavera). Abbiati as starter and Amelia as second choice is fine.

This will most likely be the season in which Nesta retires and I would agree with his choice, perhaps it is even a season late. He has been a liability against teams which play on the counter and makes it hard for Allegri to play the high line of defense he has tried recently. We already have a capable replacement in Mexes.

I would also let Yepes go simply to reduce our wage bill and next season have Thiago Silva and Mexes starting at CB with Bonera and promote Rodrigo Ely to have as cover. I would keep Zambrotta just because of his brilliance as a tactical defender and underreliance on physicality which leads me to believe he would continue to be the great rotation option he is. Didac simply must be recalled. I watched Espanyol vs Barcelona and he was great. Must be intergrated and become the number one choice.

We all know Galliani's reluctance to huge chances or revolutions over a short space of time which leads me to believe only two of Seedorf, van Bommel, Flamini and Gattuso will be let free and the most likely are van Bommel, who has already spoken about doubts of a renewal, speaking about a desire to return to PSV and Seedorf, who seems incapable of playing even the 20 minutes he is occasionally called upon to perform. Ambrosini and especially Gattuso's wages should be reduced, but they would be good to keep at the club, especially in terms of dressing room order. One of Merkel, Strasser, Valoti, Fossati or Calvano should be brought back / promoted and the other should be a purchase, the world class midfielder we have wanted. Aquilani should definitely be bought outright.

Pippo is leaving, that is a definite. He is unhappy, unfit and incapable of top flight football any longer. With Cassano coming back, should we bring back Paloschi or loan him out again? I don't know. I am 50/50 on that one.

Milan 2012-13

Abbiati (Amelia)
Abate (Zambrotta) - Silva (Ely) - Mexes (Bonera) - Didac (Taiwo)
Boateng (Gattuso) - Aquilani (Ambrosini) - Mr X (Nocerino)
Robinho (El Shaarawy)
Pato (Cassano) - Ibra (Paloschi)

And just for fun:

Milan 2013-14

Amelia
Abate - Silva - Mexes - Didac
Boateng - Calvano - Martinez
El Shaarawy
Pato - Paloschi
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread Empty Re: The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I would like to keep yepes,seedorf,mvb and nesta.Mexes will have to prove himself before we let nesta retire IMO
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread Empty Re: The Inevitable "Who Should We Renew" Thread

Post by celikmilan Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Nesta, Gattuso and Aquilani.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Flavio Roma, Goalkeeper - 37 years old (500,000 euro's per annum) CUT

Alessandro Nesta, Defender - 35 years old (2,500,000) RENEW
Gianluca Zambrotta, Defender 34 years old (3,500,000) CUT
Mario Yepes, Defender - 36 years old (1,000,000) CUT

Mark van Bommel, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,500,000) CUT
Gennaro Gattuso, Midfielder - 34 years old (4,000,000) RENEW (this was a close decision, will probably depend on his form when he gets back from injury)
Clarence Seedorf, Midfielder - 35 years old (3,000,000) CUT
Mattheiu Flamini, Midfielder - 27 years old (4,500,000) CUT
Massimo Ambrosini, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,000,000) CUT

Pippo Inzaghi, Forward - 38 years old (800,000) CUT

Alberto Aquilani, Midfielder - 27 years old (option of redemption for circa 7m euro's) (2,000,000) REDEEM
Alexandar Merke - 19 years old (co-owned) BUY OTHER HALF
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Keep Nesta and Seedorf from our 30+ years old players. Gattuso and Ambrosini are the hard decision,but nevertheless should go.I mean they should have been gone last leason not Pirlo.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:47 am

I could see Nesta, Gattuso, Zambrotta and Flamini being renewed.

Guys, you need to remember its cheaper and easier to renew a contract than sign a new player. If Milan really don't have the money to buy a new RB or LB then we could renew Zambrotta. Same goes for finding a new combative midfielder and just sticking with Flamini or Gattuso
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 am

But look at those wages.gattuso,zambrotta and flamini earn more than ozil and di maria for example,we are overpaying our older players....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 pm

actually all are supposed to leave especially those who are 34 or over 34. i always wished we have found someone like seedorf, van bommel. seedorf techniques, skiills is so hard to find these days, so is van bommel. so i would see them being kept, while gattuso should also probably renew. yepes has never really complained and performs upto our expectation when played, frankly he deserves so much. but we have mexes, nesta contract renewal is mandatory. maybe galliani should let yepes leave with special bonuses.would be good if rodigo ely is promoted in his stead.

so i choose nesta, van bommel gattuso seedorf contract to be renewed for a year. for seedorf especially we should be looking for someone like his talent, someone like afellay or wijnaldum or even van der vaart would be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Flavio Roma, Goalkeeper - 37 years old (500,000 euro's per annum)

Alessandro Nesta, Defender - 35 years old (2,500,000)
Gianluca Zambrotta, Defender 34 years old (3,500,000)
Mario Yepes, Defender - 36 years old (1,000,000)

Mark van Bommel, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,500,000)
Gennaro Gattuso, Midfielder - 34 years old (4,000,000)
Clarence Seedorf, Midfielder - 35 years old (3,000,000)
Mattheiu Flamini, Midfielder - 27 years old (4,500,000)
Massimo Ambrosini, Midfielder - 34 years old (3,000,000)

Pippo Inzaghi, Forward - 38 years old (800,000)

Alberto Aquilani, Midfielder - 27 years old (option of redemption for circa 7m euro's) (2,000,000)
Alexandar Merkel, Midfielder - 19 years old (co-owned)

The struck out ones are the ones I don't want to keep. Inzaghi is very tough, but if he doesn't retire at the end of the season, I don't see why we should renew him Sad.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

I'd keep Seedorf, Nesta, Ambrosini (lower wages) Yepes,Zambrotta (yes, but lower his wages a great deal) and Gattuso. Then I'd purchase Aquilani and Merkel outright. Then start looking on the market/youth system to replace Inzaghi, Van Bommel, and Flamini
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum