Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Ramsey  Empty Re: Ramsey

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:01 am

Not being half as good as Cesc is hardly a shameful thing. Cesc is an outstanding player, after all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 am

Honestly, I have no idea what the problem is.

Anyone got an idea?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 am

To me, it seems he's trying too hard and overcomplicating his play with the tricks, flicks, and unnecessary extra touches on the ball. He seems hesitant to do the simple things.

In today's game alone, he managed to flick the ball over the heads of two defenders, but then cocked up the whole thing with a poor touch and knocked it out for a goalkick. And at other times, he got on the ball, dallied with it, got pressured and either lost it or played a poor pass.

The expectation on him is huge, and it's probably gotten to him a bit. His eargerness to fulfill those expectations is hindering his game, in my opinion. He works hard, covers a lot of ground, and has obvious talent. But he just needs to keep it simple. His best performances have always been when he's kept it simple; used the ball sensibly, picked his moments to dribble, pass and shoot.

I think time on the bench would be good for him, just to get him out of the limelight.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 am

I really dont blame him at all, he is 20 years old and Captain of hims NT and he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I blame Wenger for putting too much pressure on him, and putting him in the starting line up, even though he has been playing poorly.

Playing along side Arteta will help him out and today showed how much we missed Arteta.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:28 am

Meh Wilshere would cope. Wilshere would've grabbed this game by the throat and stolen its lunch money. Wilshere wouldn't have tried all these flicks and roulettes and pannas and whatever, he'd just pass the ball from A to B
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 am

Lex wrote:Meh Wilshere would cope. Wilshere would've grabbed this game by the throat and stolen its lunch money. Wilshere wouldn't have tried all these flicks and roulettes and pannas and whatever, he'd just pass the ball from A to B

Yes that all we want from him and Arteta does that like no other. I dont know why he wants to be flashy instead just get ball to next player.

I just hope Wilshere has not changed and the injure did not change his play.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 am

Hes only JUST turned 21....How many 21 year olds do you know starting at center midfield for CL-quality teams? Not many
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 am

Doubt why Wilshere's injury would change his game. Those are all mental aspects, and Wilshere would only suffer from usual rustyness and maybe some physical trouble from being out so long.

Ramsey obviously isn't made out of the same stuff, even though he has been slowly introduced into the team since his injury and has had time to adapt. It must be the pressure, because he was never playing this shitty. I think he's much better playing deeper and not being the focal point of attacks.

In any case, he definitely needs some bench time because the flicks straight to the opposition are a recurring thing now and it's worrying. Rosicky has been miles better even though I'm not sure he can handle 90 min games anymore. Now is when we're really missing that AM.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 am

I don't know anymore, apart from Song & Arteta, our other midfielders lack consistency. Tomas usually sucked when playing as starter, I agree Rambo could use some rotation.

Also agree with Jay & Lex, his great games this season has been during our difficult time when we were mostly underdog, played with caution, with less possession, the kind of games requires quick thinking and simple playing. Jack mentality is exceptional, not all young players are.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 am

Starting alongside Benayoun (who is not a natural CM) wasnt gonna help Ramsey either.

Wenger should start making half time changes.

His second half performance was just suicidal.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

I still have faith in Ramsey and i still think he has future at arsenal.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't understand you lot. Why are people going on at Ramsey when he was the only player trying to engineer something. Yet no mention of one of the most bland and abject players ever to wear the Arsenal shirt in Yossi Benayoun. He did nothing of consequence, complete waste of a transfer.

Alex Song was poor yesterday, but an off day is expected World class players always have an off day somewhere.

As for Ramsey, he is massively underrated, if he buried a few of his chances the fickle lot wouldn't say sh*t. One thing you are all ignoring is that Ramsey is serving his apprenticship without a master Ramsey has never played significantly with Cesc. Case in point look at Jack Wilshere, a player that I rate as the talent of his generation, without a season playing alongside Cesc he would not be as good, and his development would have not been as great

Furthermore, this Arsenal side lacks vision on and off the ball, people accuse Ramsey of taking too long fair enough, however first Arsenal's collective movement is awful, second the runs are all too predictable.

Watch the games against Norwich, Fulham and Wigan just as basic examples of this Arsenal's side lack of Vision, Ramsey could have scored a brace if the players around him looked up and picked him out unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Also his engine and work ethic is the best in this Arsenal team. Take that out and Arsenal will lose far more. His contribution statistically has been reduced due to poor reffereeing and poor play from his team-mates around him.

In regards to his flicks, they can be annoying but if there were intelligent and willing footballers bar RVP, around him those flicks would be assists. Teams are far more intelligent than they were 5 years ago, unless you have pace and amazing dribbling ability you will struggle to breakdown defences. Again Arsenal are far too predictable.

Now look at his age, 21, and he came back from a leg break. He has also lost a manager and friend who had the courage to make him the Welsh Captain. What he is doing right now is exceptional considering the situation he has been forced into.

What angers me is the lack of commaradery towards Ramsey from the players, they could see he struggled yet no-one went to help, Coquelin struggled and RVP gave him advice. Maybe they see him as an elder head but at 21 the players around him have to step up.

The mention of Cesc is ridiculous. First and foremost Fabregas's best season was 07/08, 09-11 were bogged by injury and aided by the ability to score more goals, thus impact seen as greater. In the period of where he played AM he was less of player than he was in the deep lying role. Simply put the age of Ramsey means that he will be as good as Cesc if not better, this season he has shown more than enough character and quality to surpass the former captain. The space he creates off the ball and the reverse passes he plays are Fabregas-esque.

Writing off or even questioning Aaron Ramsey, when others coast through is simply laughable.

Find a better scape goat Arsenal fans.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Benry wrote:I don't understand you lot. Why are people going on at Ramsey when he was the only player trying to engineer something. Yet no mention of one of the most bland and abject players ever to wear the Arsenal shirt in Yossi Benayoun. He did nothing of consequence, complete waste of a transfer.

Alex Song was poor yesterday, but an off day is expected World class players always have an off day somewhere.

As for Ramsey, he is massively underrated, if he buried a few of his chances the fickle lot wouldn't say sh*t. One thing you are all ignoring is that Ramsey is serving his apprenticship without a master Ramsey has never played significantly with Cesc. Case in point look at Jack Wilshere, a player that I rate as the talent of his generation, without a season playing alongside Cesc he would not be as good, and his development would have not been as great

Furthermore, this Arsenal side lacks vision on and off the ball, people accuse Ramsey of taking too long fair enough, however first Arsenal's collective movement is awful, second the runs are all too predictable.

Watch the games against Norwich, Fulham and Wigan just as basic examples of this Arsenal's side lack of Vision, Ramsey could have scored a brace if the players around him looked up and picked him out unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Also his engine and work ethic is the best in this Arsenal team. Take that out and Arsenal will lose far more. His contribution statistically has been reduced due to poor reffereeing and poor play from his team-mates around him.

In regards to his flicks, they can be annoying but if there were intelligent and willing footballers bar RVP, around him those flicks would be assists. Teams are far more intelligent than they were 5 years ago, unless you have pace and amazing dribbling ability you will struggle to breakdown defences. Again Arsenal are far too predictable.

Now look at his age, 21, and he came back from a leg break. He has also lost a manager and friend who had the courage to make him the Welsh Captain. What he is doing right now is exceptional considering the situation he has been forced into.

What angers me is the lack of commaradery towards Ramsey from the players, they could see he struggled yet no-one went to help, Coquelin struggled and RVP gave him advice. Maybe they see him as an elder head but at 21 the players around him have to step up.

The mention of Cesc is ridiculous. First and foremost Fabregas's best season was 07/08, 09-11 were bogged by injury and aided by the ability to score more goals, thus impact seen as greater. In the period of where he played AM he was less of player than he was in the deep lying role. Simply put the age of Ramsey means that he will be as good as Cesc if not better, this season he has shown more than enough character and quality to surpass the former captain. The space he creates off the ball and the reverse passes he plays are Fabregas-esque.

Writing off or even questioning Aaron Ramsey, when others coast through is simply laughable.

yup i totally agree i love it when players try and work hard, and thats what he is doing.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:08 pm

This is kinda his first season too so i dont expect him to as good as cesc or wilshere. He also had horrible injury which shouldnt be a problem now but the injury hindered his progression.

He will get better and will be one of best at arsenal. Mark my words.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 pm

highburied wrote:Starting alongside Benayoun (who is not a natural CM) wasnt gonna help Ramsey either.

Wenger should start making half time changes.

His second half performance was just suicidal.

This pissed me off ......Yossi should not be starting for us
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I think he is actually being expected to do more that he should. I think that both him and Wilshere are exceptional box to box mids. He is just being played out of position and everyone is expecting him to be creative like Cesc when they are 2 completely different players.

Jack 2010 -2011 49 Apps 2 goals 9 assists
Ramsey 2011 - 2012 27 Apps 2 goals 6 assists

Cesc 2010 -2011 36 Apps 9 goals 17 assists

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Give him more time !...we should give a more time also @Chamakh,Arshavin,Rosicky,Squillaci,Diaby,Djourou, "Bendtner" ! etc etc ..do u understand me !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:06 pm

ramsey will be fine he just shouldnt start every game.

but ffs he needs to stop trying skills every time he's on the ball. especially because he doesnt have the greatest awareness of where defenders are
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Benry wrote:I don't understand you lot. Why are people going on at Ramsey when he was the only player trying to engineer something. Yet no mention of one of the most bland and abject players ever to wear the Arsenal shirt in Yossi Benayoun. He did nothing of consequence, complete waste of a transfer.

You make some decent points, although i never thought ramsey was a world class talent of cesc type quality even before his injury. He doesnt have the technical quality of fabregas, agility, and nor does he have that game awareness despite some nice passes.

I woudnt question him or write him off becoming an excellent player, however he has been putting in some awful performances and naturally fans will be frustrated and critisise him.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Have to disagree, Fabregas is not agile at all Ramsey is far more mobile, which can be seen by the fouls that have been committed on him given or not, he can get past players fat easier than Fabregas.

Technically he is pathetically underrated, no two ways about. The technique Ramsey demonstrated on the pass to Carlos Vela was unreal, Bergkamp esque. Another example of his technical ability was shown in the Bulgaria simpsly outstanding. I am not surprised by the lack of goals he has scores, Fabregas had the same problem round 20-21.

Fabregas's off the ball intelligence is outstanding no arguments there. Fact is Ramsey has been put in a position that should not have occured, and the players around him are not helping.

If fans actually watched his performances they are far from awful, fans would then recognise his contirbution, Swansea he was poor but he did not hide. I could understand if he played like Arshavin but he doesn't, and again the players are culpabe. For exampele if Walcott buries that chance against QPR or Gervinho against Dortmund then this lark of his lack of techincal ability is not even in question or the level of his performances.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down