Juventude
Lynx100
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conte requests Giovinco return Empty Conte requests Giovinco return

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte will reportedly ask his club to re-sign Sebastian Giovinco at the end of the season.

The Turin giants sold a 50 per cent share in the player to Parma over the summer for €3.5m after his successful loan at the Stadio Tardini in 2010-11.

However, according to Tuttosport, Bianconeri tactician Conte would like the player at his disposal for next season.

Giovinco has impressed this term, scoring seven goals in 15 Serie A games and becoming a regular in the Italian national squad.

Nevertheless, there are two obstacles that will need to be hurdled in order for Giovinco to return to his hometown club.

The first is convincing the player to move back to the Old Lady given his difficulties in winning regular first team football there in the past.

The second revolves around the cost of the operation as Parma now value their share in Giovinco at around €10m.

If no fee is agreed between the two clubs then the player’s future could be decided by a blind auction.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte requests Giovinco return Empty Re: Conte requests Giovinco return

Post by Lynx100 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Marotta MUST do this.
Even for 10m he should do this.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:04 pm

That would put Giovinco's overall market value at €20m. I'm not sure that I trust that valuation. I've said it before, Juve should call Parma's bluff and force this to go to a blind auction. Unless Parma has some club agreeing to immediately buy Gio for about 15-20 million, there is no way that they will put up 10 million in a blind auction.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Juventude wrote:That would put Giovinco's overall market value at €20m. I'm not sure that I trust that valuation. I've said it before, Juve should call Parma's bluff and force this to go to a blind auction. Unless Parma has some club agreeing to immediately buy Gio for about 15-20 million, there is no way that they will put up 10 million in a blind auction.

Thumbs up

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:52 pm

GET HIM HOME!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 am

Lynx100 wrote:Marotta MUST do this.

Great job for him though eh? Gain 3m, and spend more just to get him back.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:02 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:Marotta MUST do this.

It sucks and if people really want him back, then Marotta will have to put his pride aside and make the deal. No matter what he does, I don't value Giovinco at 20 million. Blind auction all the way. I still have a bad feeling that he won't succeed at Juve and he's built to succeed with middle table teams.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:04 am

If Conte wants him back, then surely Giovinco will be an important asset to the squad... so his sucess will hopefully turn out great with us, as in the past previous coaches never had faith in him... but anyways... let's face reality here.. Giovinco over Giaccherini over any day of my life
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:If Conte wants him back, then surely Giovinco will be an important asset to the squad... so his sucess will hopefully turn out great with us, as in the past previous coaches never had faith in him... but anyways... let's face reality here.. Giovinco over Giaccherini over any day of my life

I'll take just about anyone over Giaccherini on the pitch.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 am

let this go to blind auction and call parma's bluff...no way that gio is rated as 20mil...lets hope another team does not give them the money to put up for him for the auction as 'part payment'

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 am

Juventude wrote:That would put Giovinco's overall market value at €20m. I'm not sure that I trust that valuation. I've said it before, Juve should call Parma's bluff and force this to go to a blind auction. Unless Parma has some club agreeing to immediately buy Gio for about 15-20 million, there is no way that they will put up 10 million in a blind auction.

Regardless of what they think his market price is, at the end of the day, if we will be out of pocket 10m to get Giovinco, thats just fine by me. So as far are were concered; is Giovinco is worth 10m to us because thats what its going to cost to get him?? Hell yes.

Now, if he were to cost 40m, thatd be a different story... but if 10m = Giovinco then go for it.

Agree. Stupid way to lose money but if Delneri wasnt using him, then its hardly Marottas fault for selling him. Even Ferrara and Zach used him sparingly.

I dont blame Giovinco for wanting to leave or Marotta for selling him when he wasnt part of the coaches plan, I blame the former JUVE COACHES for not seeing his potential and playing him regularly in the first place!!

Last edited by Lynx100 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 am

Juventude wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:If Conte wants him back, then surely Giovinco will be an important asset to the squad... so his sucess will hopefully turn out great with us, as in the past previous coaches never had faith in him... but anyways... let's face reality here.. Giovinco over Giaccherini over any day of my life

I'll take just about anyone over Giaccherini on the pitch.

Thank god for a post like this, I still see hope
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 pm

when will ppl understand that Gio wanted to leave and Del Neri not marotta ffs
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:31 pm

i dont want giovinco as a first team player. his just not big team material!!!
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:45 pm

pasquale22 wrote:i dont want giovinco as a first team player. his just not big team material!!!

I think you're probably right about this, but I think that the team will probably bring him back if Conte asks for him and the majority opinion on this board is to bring him back.

Like I said before, if we have to bring him back, let it go to a blind auction. There is no way that a team like Milan, Inter, Roma or a top EPL team is willing to play 15-20 million for him. I don't even think a top team wants him despite rumors. If Marotta pays anything close to 10 million to bring back a player we valued at 7 million (because of the 3.5 million 50% purchase by Parma), I will be very disappointed with his bargaining skills.

I disagree with all of the posts saying to meet Parma's price. Do people really think Parma will match us in a blind auction or get another buyer to post 10 million for 50% of Giovinco? I don't buy it at all. It doesn't sound like it will be a January transfer, so what's the harm in going to a blind auction? If Parma pays ten million and we lose the auction, I'll be happy with 13.5 million total received for Giovinco.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

agree completely. we should be the one's demanding not them. giovinco is a good player dont get me wrong but even when he was with us you could see against the top teams he found it easy to get muscled off the ball and get beaten by his opponent. i'd like to see him back because it would be great to see his return but i honestly dont think he will be the superstar people paint him out to be. i think he could be a solid contributor. not a star.

the way i see it though. if we paid 12mil for martinez and are just going to blow 4mil on lunatic's like motta. why not 10 mil on giovinco. btw that martinez deal was by far marotta's worst piece of business.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

pasquale22 wrote:agree completely. we should be the one's demanding not them. giovinco is a good player dont get me wrong but even when he was with us you could see against the top teams he found it easy to get muscled off the ball and get beaten by his opponent. i'd like to see him back because it would be great to see his return but i honestly dont think he will be the superstar people paint him out to be. i think he could be a solid contributor. not a star.

the way i see it though. if we paid 12mil for martinez and are just going to blow 4mil on lunatic's like motta. why not 10 mil on giovinco. btw that martinez deal was by far marotta's worst piece of business.

I agree, but we shouldn't judge future purchases by bad past purchases. Martinez and Motta were poor purchases. I guess I'm just willing to take the gamble on bidding 5-7 million on Giovinco in a blind auction and running the risk of losing him. If Parma outbids us, then we can invest that money in a younger player.

I completely agree on your assessment with Giovinco. I just don't see him being able to overcome his size issues to become a superstar. He could add depth. But if he is going to have issues with being a role player or coming off the bench, as he did in the past, then why should we waste having him at Juve? I would hate to repeat the past.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NavJuve Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Let it go to blind auction, and I say we offer in the regions of 6-9m, that way, if we don't get him, we get 10m+ for him atleast (3.5m for the first 50% and Parma's increased bid on our 6-9m bid).

Getting 12m on Giovinco isn't bad, although I'd rather have him back. People are doubting whether he is a big game performer and that's fair, but hasn't he done well with Italy? If so, I think he will easily fit into ItalJuve.
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 am

DeviAngel wrote:when will ppl understand that Gio wanted to leave and Del Neri not marotta ffs

With Marotta giving away 50%, that I wont ever understand
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:13 am

I dont blame Marotta at all giving away 50% - if anything, he made the best of a bad situation.

Coach doesnt play the player, player doesnt want to stay, player has bucketloads of talent, so 50% rights mean we still have a chance to redeem the player.

Making a small bit of money on an unwanted but talented player without losing the option of getting him back = not bad at all Marotta
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah congradulations, get 3m... pay 10m back just to get him. Give me a break lol.

If he was smarter, the bid should of been higher, or else just loan him out.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 am

Before you all go dissing Giovinco - Can any of you suggest a better player in his position currently in the market for 10m??

And giovinco is good enough to play on an international stage and do it well - hes certainly good enough to play in Juve and in the Italian league which is one of the less physical, high impact leagues around.

All this bs about his short physique is rubbish.

Plenty of fantastic skilled players and legends of football who were short..
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 am

I agree. To me, it ranks as one of Marotta's worst moves. It was completely unnecessary to sell 50% of his contract. Just keep him on loan.

If there was even a remote chance that Gio would improve and that Marotta would want to buy him back, Marotta never should have sold 50% of their rights for a mere 3m. Marotta had to have valued him at more than 6m even at the time he left Juve. I'm not a huge Gio fan, but he's easily worth more than 6 million. If 50% of Giaccherini was worth 3m last summer, then 50% of Gio's contract was easily worth 5m at least.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 am

How do you know that Parma did not reject a loan move? or insisted ONLY on a 50% option? How do you know that Giovinco HIMSELF did not force a 50% option move?

Theres a lot of details we dont know here...Calm down on gunning for Marotta. Now ill be the first to admit that his work at times has been unbelieveably terrible but I dont think Gio is part of that.

Ill ask you - What would you do with a player who is never played by the coaches and refuses to stay at Juventus any more?
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 am

I'm not gunning for Marotta. I've actually defended Marotta for most of the summer during this forum's beginning, but this ranks as a worse move than Martinez for me if we buy him back at anything close to 10m.

You're right, I don't know the details, but we didn't have to meet any demands of Parma or Giovinco because he was still under contract with Juve.

But to answer your question, what would I have done? I would have sold him outright or continued to keep him on loan. If you sold him outright, we're not having this debate because Juve wouldn't still have a 50% vested interest. As long as we hold that 50% option and Gio performs well at Parma, there is going to be the temptation to spend the money and just bring him back. If we sold him outright to another team, there would be less of a debate and temptation to bring him back because we would have to pay full market value to bring back a player we sold, which rarely happens.

If Juve wanted to send him on loan, but Gio or Parma refused a loan without a 50% sale, Juve could have kept him on the roster as we are currently doing to many players that rarely see the pitch (Krasic, Iaquinta, Amauri, Toni, Grosso, etc.). If we felt some sympathy for Gio, that's fine, but this is a real mess Marotta got himself into.

It's just a move I'll never understand by Marotta. And it will confuse me much more if he decides to spend three times as much on the interest he sold just a year ago.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: