Post by MJ Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Thierry Henry - Page 3 Zp_Training20_9269

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 pm

I always had soft spot for Arsenal but stop doing this pls !! I am starting to love them Very Happy ... Henry !!! I love that player
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:05 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I always had soft spot for Arsenal but stop doing this pls !! I am starting to love them Very Happy ... Henry !!! I love that player

The strange thing is, every time I see Devi say such nice things about Arsenal, it makes me like Juve a bit more and more Crying or Very sad

hahahaha I like 'em anyways. But this is a great time to love Arsenal Very Happy

...THE CHAMP IS HERE
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Oh yes, my gosh!

THE KING IS BACK. The best there ever was and ever will be is gonna return!

Henry will definately do a better job than Chamakh! It's Absolutely a great time to be a gooner right now. He's gonna add to his already magnificent goal tally for Arsenal, no doubt about that!

THANK YOU, GOD
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

MJGunner wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I always had soft spot for Arsenal but stop doing this pls !! I am starting to love them Very Happy ... Henry !!! I love that player

The strange thing is, every time I see Devi say such nice things about Arsenal, it makes me like Juve a bit more and more Crying or Very sad

hahahaha I like 'em anyways. But this is a great time to love Arsenal Very Happy

...THE CHAMP IS HERE

lol ty Very Happy ....
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Arsene Wenger confirms Thierry Henry loan return to Arsenal will 'certainly happen'

Only paperwork stands in the way of the deal being completed and manager is looking forward to seeing the striker combine with top scorer Robin van Persie once again

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal are close to a deal to bring Thierry Henry back to the club on loan from New York Red Bulls.

The French forward has been training with his former club during the MLS off-season and now looks set to contribute to the first team.

If Henry does return he will be available for Premier League games against Manchester United and Tottenham as well as Arsenal's Champions League clash with AC Milan.

Wenger told reporters: "For two months it certainly will happen. I don't take care of the agreement and the insurance and that is not completed.
"At the moment we cannot announce anything because all the paperwork is not done.

"To cover for two months is ideal. He has the experience and the quality. He knows the club and can help the players on and off the pitch.

"He has exceptional talent and is a very intelligent man, it can only be positive."

Wenger believes Henry still has enough quality to make an impact in the Premier League and is excited about the prospect of him and captain Robin van Persie playing together.

"He is still class and has quality. He still has pace," Wenger continued. "When Robin and Thierry play together we will do very well."Arsenal have brought former players back to the club in times of emergency in recent years with Sol Campbell and Jens Lehmann re-signing to play and Wenger suggested this trend may continue.

He said: "It shows that Arsenal is always special to players, such as Sol Campbell, Jens Lehmann and now Thierry.

"We are not looking for permanent players unless we lose players, as we have a big squad."

Wenger also confirmed that the deal was not pressured by Henry and that he was fully behind it.

He said: "It was my idea. He was happy about it, but it was my idea.

"No-one expects him to be what he was 10 years ago. There's no special pressure, Robin remains our main striker."

......THE CHAMP IS HERE

A return to the 4-4-2 perhaps with Henry and RVP upfront? Sounds exciting!
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:10 pm

sina90 wrote:

am gonna put that on the youtube thread
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Thierry Henry must not ‘hog the limelight’ or he will cause unrest at Arsenal, warns Stewart Robson

The 47-year-old has raised concerns that the New York Red Bulls striker's loan move may 'undermine' members of the current squad, insisting the Frenchman proved detrimental before

Former Arsenal prodigy Stewart Robson believes that bringing Thierry Henry back to his former club could backfire on Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.Henry, former captain and record goalscorer for the London based side, is set to rejoin the club that launched his footballing career on a two-month loan from New York Red Bulls.Robson has spoken out about how the Frenchman could cause unrest in the Arsenal camp and possibly affect the form of Robin van Persie, who is scoring goals for fun at the moment.“I can understand all the reasons why Arsene Wenger has taken him back - he has been training there and it will give the crowd a lift - but I’m not sure it’s a good move," told Paul Robson to TalkSport's DriveTime show."For the last two years that Thierry Henry was at the club his ego made him the biggest player there and other players fell by the wayside because of that."I’m just worried for the likes of van Persie, for the likes of [Theo] Walcott, for the likes of [Aaron] Ramsey, that Thierry Henry wants all the limelight, takes all the limelight, and it takes away from Arsenal getting back on a good run.“One of the reasons Robin van Persie didn’t progress as quickly as he should have done three or four years ago and why [Jose Antonio] Reyes didn’t become the player that he should have done at Arsenal, and why two or three other players fell by the wayside, was because of Thierry Henry.

There’s no question about it.This comes as rumours of Thierry Henry's return to London have solidified in recent days after several pictures and press statements have been spread around the globe.“I’ve spoken to one or two of the young players at Arsenal that were then when Thierry Henry was there and they said he undermined their confidence. He was a player that threatened them, that didn’t like being threatened himself.

“When Robin van Persie came into the side and looked as though he could be a better player than Thierry Henry and when Reyes came to the club, they were undermined by Thierry Henry. I hope that doesn’t happen again because Robin van Persie is now showing what a world class player he is.“I’m just hoping that Thierry Henry will realise he’s not the player he once was and won’t try to hog the limelight.”
With Thierry Henry set to seal a two-month loan return to Arsenal, former Gunners midfielder Stewart Robson has aired caution, suggesting the 34-year-old's arrival at the Emirates could prove less than beneficial.

Whilst the majority of the footballing world has hailed the Frenchman's return to north London, Robson has intimated the New York Red Bulls striker's presence may cause unrest in the Arsenal camp.

“I can understand all the reasons why Arsene Wenger has taken him back - he has been training there and it will give the crowd a lift - but I’m not sure it’s a good move," Robson told TalkSport.

"For the last two years that Thierry Henry was at the club his ego made him the biggest player there and other players fell by the wayside because of that.

"I’m just worried for the likes of [Robin Van Persie, for the likes of [Theo] Walcott, for the likes of [Aaron] Ramsey, that Thierry Henry wants all the limelight, takes all the limelight, and it takes away from Arsenal getting back on a good run.

“One of the reasons Robin van Persie didn’t progress as quickly as he should have done three or four years ago and why [Jose Antonio] Reyes didn’t become the player that he should have done at Arsenal, and why two or three other players fell by the wayside, was because of Thierry Henry. There’s no question about it."

The 47-year-old has also suggested that Henry's presence at the club first-time round "undermined" the confidence of a number of younger players.

“I’ve spoken to one or two of the young players at Arsenal that were then when Thierry Henry was there and they said he undermined their confidence.

"He was a player that threatened them, that didn’t like being threatened himself.

“When Robin van Persie came into the side and looked as though he could be a better player than Thierry Henry and when Reyes came to the club, they were undermined by Thierry Henry.

"I hope that doesn’t happen again because Robin van Persie is now showing what a world class player he is.

“I’m just hoping that Thierry Henry will realise he’s not the player he once was and won’t try to hog the limelight.”
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Why the f would henry hog limelight ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 pm

i also learn nothing from his talking tactics show on Arsenal TV meh :facepalm:
youngesters should be over the moon having a chance to train with king and learn from him and now his presence in dressing room
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Thierry Henry - Page 3 961-aww-yeah
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:26 am

while accept his status as a cult figure which will definetly lift spirits in the arsenal crowd im not sure he'll have the impact on the field we'll want.
his pace is gone afterall.
are we becoming like one of those south american teams which sell off their best players for lots of money then accepts them back when they're past their prime.

Last edited by timzink on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:33 am

i actually like stewart robinsons punditry and i think most of his observations are very accurate.
this time his claim is very grave and a bit sensational. rvp's progress was halted mainly through injuries. reyes has struggled to even after returning to his native spain.

i do however remember times when henry would shout at his team mates when a mistake was commited or when the ball wasnt passed to him. and there were times when he would look exasperated with his teammates.
i see rooney and ronaldo do it these days. even walcott does sometimes.
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 am

i will be content with 20 goals :shisha:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Wenger says Henry won't be signed in time to face Fulham on Monday but is on track to feature vs Leeds on 9 Jan
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Thierry Henry - Page 3 Gun__1325282418_Henry_510

Thumbs up

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 pm

You beat me to it Jay HAHA Laughing

Looks great!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Van Persie is confident that Henry will prove a positive influence on the younger members of the Arsenal squad.

"It will be good for everyone. It is a massive joy to play and train with him. I am excited too. It’s like, ‘oh yes, Thierry is back, let’s have fun’," he said.

"The younger guys are all looking up to him. Everyone is sharing that feeling. Before the [QPR] game I saw him speaking to Francis Coquelin with the ball, showing him how to run. He is doing a great job already."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:48 pm

AWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAHHHHHH

When will it be official?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 am

The Guardian and the Mirror say Henry will be on the bench at Fulham tonight. Is this possible when Arsenal have not even announced signing?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 am

probably a mistake.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:49 am

Is Robson possibly the biggest c**t to ever exist on the face of this earth? No idea how he's on Arsenal's payroll lol.

I suppose Henry and RVP can play in the same team in a 4-2-3-1 formation similar to what United play. That would require alot of defending from the wingers and RVP though.

Possible Gerv replacement?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 am

can't wait to see him vs leeds
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 am

Henry's last competitive goal:

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:58 am

Thierry Henry admits [in 2007] that his presence was detrimental to Arsenal at times

"Because of my seniority, the fact that I was captain and my habit of screaming for the ball, they would sometimes give it to me even when I was not in the best position. So in that sense it was good for the team that I moved on."-TH
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next