Potential
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

midfield scorer - Page 2 Empty Re: midfield scorer

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Luca wrote:Over who though? ^^
I agree he is playing great but there is Marchisio who cannot be overlooked.
Pirlo who is needed.
De Rossi as well.

Then there are players like Aquilani, Motta, Montolivo and this is where Nocerino also fits.

He deserves to be there but show me a starting 11 with him, I expect a 4-3-1-2 to be used.

Is De Rossi actually playing well atm? Admittedly, I haven't seen many Roma games this season, but the table would suggest that both Marchisio and Nocerino should get a shot ahead of De Rossi. Also, 2 goals from 16 games this season is pretty mediocre in comparison, especially for a 'goal-scoring' mid. However, this doesn't mean that it's all De Rossi's fault. So can any Roma fans/watchers fill me in?

I don't think Motta or Montolivo deserve a starting place at all on their form this season. Aquilani has played well for Italy in the past and is worth considering to start, but Nocerino has outshone him at Milan recently.

Pirlo's starting place is assured, but he plays a different position to Nocerino.

From what I've seen, De Rossi has been great this season. Prandelli's starting three man mid will most likely consist of De Rossi, Pirlo, and Marchisio. Nocerino and Aquilani should be next in line if they keep this form and could possibly break their way into the starting eleven should one of the aforementioned mids drop in form. Tbh, the only player I could see being replaced by Noc or Aquaman is Marchisio (they're all pretty much on the same level IMO, though I'm sure Juve fans would disagree...) Motta shouldn't even be considered.

The largest dilemma is still the trequartista position. Montolivo has rarely, if ever, had a good performance in that position and his club form suggests that he should be dropped entirely. I don't really have an answer for who should be played there instead. Perhaps Giovinco could be given a chance. Or maybe try Aquilani in that advanced position, although when he played in that position early in the season for Milan he always had the tendency to drop deep and wasn't very effective in the advanced role.

Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:17 am

Cookie Monster wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Pirlo who is needed.
De Rossi as well.

Then there are players like Aquilani, Motta, Montolivo and this is where Nocerino also fits.

He deserves to be there but show me a starting 11 with him, I expect a 4-3-1-2 to be used.

Is De Rossi actually playing well atm? Admittedly, I haven't seen many Roma games this season, but the table would suggest that both Marchisio and Nocerino should get a shot ahead of De Rossi. Also, 2 goals from 16 games this season is pretty mediocre in comparison, especially for a 'goal-scoring' mid. However, this doesn't mean that it's all De Rossi's fault. So can any Roma fans/watchers fill me in?

I don't think Motta or Montolivo deserve a starting place at all on their form this season. Aquilani has played well for Italy in the past and is worth considering to start, but Nocerino has outshone him at Milan recently.

Pirlo's starting place is assured, but he plays a different position to Nocerino.

From what I've seen, De Rossi has been great this season. Prandelli's starting three man mid will most likely consist of De Rossi, Pirlo, and Marchisio. Nocerino and Aquilani should be next in line if they keep this form and could possibly break their way into the starting eleven should one of the aforementioned mids drop in form. Tbh, the only player I could see being replaced by Noc or Aquaman is Marchisio (they're all pretty much on the same level IMO, though I'm sure Juve fans would disagree...) Motta shouldn't even be considered.

The largest dilemma is still the trequartista position. Montolivo has rarely, if ever, had a good performance in that position and his club form suggests that he should be dropped entirely. I don't really have an answer for who should be played there instead. Perhaps Giovinco could be given a chance. Or maybe try Aquilani in that advanced position, although when he played in that position early in the season for Milan he always had the tendency to drop deep and wasn't very effective in the advanced role.

Time to make KPB an Italian national (even though he is probably more suited to a mid position, he is still pretty good as TQ). eco smile
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Pirlo who is needed.
De Rossi as well.

I agree with all of this pretty much.
De Rossi is not a goal scoring midfielder for one thing- he provides stability to the starting 11 and will allow Pirlo to operate (along with Marchisio.

Marchisio-Pirlo-De Rossi seems like a strong midfield.
For the trequartista position I am all for giving Giovinco an opportunity, Aquilani on his day might be able to. I do not like Montolivo in this position either.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Potential wrote:Marchisio Pirlo Nocerino Pepe Aquilani Montolivo De Rossi Motta

Bow to the midfield scoring masters, btw all of them are Italian :bow:

Those 8 players combined have scored 228 goals in their careers(excluding Serie B).

Lampard has scored 218 goals in his career.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Noonan22 wrote:
Potential wrote:Marchisio Pirlo Nocerino Pepe Aquilani Montolivo De Rossi Motta

Bow to the midfield scoring masters, btw all of them are Italian :bow:

Those 8 players combined have scored 228 goals in their careers(excluding Serie B).

Lampard has scored 218 goals in his career.

Mate, it's no use. They're too absorbed with Seria A that they don't watch or consider other players from foreign leagues. Seria A faces.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
kick mars wrote:Lampard ends this thread.

How many of them have scored over 20 goals a season in 5 seasons in a row?

how many get to take their teams penalty kicks???

"a goal is a goal"

was that not your excuse for why cr7 had more goals than messi last season? Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Ballack has a pretty damn good record when he played further up the pitch.

42 goals in 98 apps for Germany, 44 goals in 107 apps for Bayern. And a better overall player than Lampard.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2