van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca

4 posters

Go down

van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca Empty van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca

Post by la bestia negra Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am

Last month, Philipp Lahm said that there are similarities between Barcelona, and the current FC Bayern team. This statement was not without basis, and we can see how Bayern are currently developing in the same way as Barcelona did a decade ago.
Unsurprisingly, the situation in both clubs began thanks to the same man. This is, of course, Louis Van Gaal. His sporting success with both Barcelona and Bayern is questionable, but he laid the foundations of the offensive, possession-minded football at the heart of both teams’ style. His contribution in the promotion of young talents was also very important, and Barcelona have kept this up even after his departure. For Bayern, it is too early to tell, but it seems likely that they too will continue to look after their own.

After Van Gaal left Barcelona, they appointed Rijkaard. He developed Van Gaal’s system, and eventually brought about European success in 2006. Rijkaard’s system is still in effect today, to a certain extent, although of course Guardiola has influenced it. Heynckes is doing something similar at Bayern. This Bayern, and the one we saw these last two seasons under Van Gaal, are not without similarities. However, this season Bayern have found balance in their play, which automatically has brought better results. The pressing system which Bayern have adopted this season, with all the players helping out to win the ball back as soon as possible, is also similar to that of Barcelona, as Lahm pointed out. Both teams are seeking some sort of balance, and this has led to both clubs giving huge importance to the midfield, more than any other position on the field. The offense of both teams is formidable, in my opinion the best two in the world, and both continue to invest in that area. This has led to the defense being a little neglected. While their is balance in the style of play, their isn’t balance between defense and offense in the squad itself. Bayern haven’t had a world class defense in years, and while Barcelona have Pique and Puyol, their squad depth in this area of the game is non-existent.

Eventually, it was Guardiola who created the Barcelona legacy. Since Guardiola took over many people have described the current Barcelona squad as the best team in history. Jupp Heynckes’ age makes it unlikely that he stay at Munich long. It seems like he is merely the stepping stone, between the beginning and the end, just like Rijkaard was at Barcelona. What has allowed Barcelona to be so successful, and what Bayern seem to be trying to do, is the continuity in the squad. This was helped a lot by giving importance to players from their own youth academy, who know the system inside out and can be introduced at the right pace. It is about time that Bayern stop rebuilding the team every two years. We already have our future, which will allow for this continuity, and we are seeing flashes of it. We have successors for almost every position:

■Lahm -> Contento (he is no Lahm yet, but he is one of the most talented full-backs of his age)
■Centre-backs -> If they do manage to live up to their potential, Badstuber, Boateng and Breno are all very young, and we wouldn’t need to worry about this positions for a long time. If they don’t, well then we still have to build this position up at present.
■Central midfield -> Toni Kroos, possibly Emre Can
■Wings/Attacking midfield -> Alaba, Muller, Kroos, Usami
Many of these players, especially the ones in midfield and offensive positions, which as already said, are the most important for us, are already very important players for Bayern. They are all far from their peak. The best is yet to come. Of course Bayern should not depend entirely on its youngsters, but rather follow Barcelona in the transfer approach as well. Not counting the last transfer window, Barcelona have been making roughly one big name signing per year, thus changing just one position every season. This has allowed the system to survive despite the change of players. By the time you have changed all 11 players, most of them would already have been there for a long time. Patience is the key. Bayern must not lose faith in their project.

Already this season, as Bayern have moved on from the Van Gaal stage to the Heynckes stage, Barcelona are on the decline. They have a better squad than last year, but their results haven’t been anywhere near as impressive. Nothing lasts forever, and Barcelona’s time could also be coming to an end. Real Madrid this season have risen to the challenge, trying to outrun Barcelona in three different competitions. But I do not think that Real will create an era like Barcelona did. They have what is probably the most complete squad in history, but it is not possible to keep together a squad like that for a long time. Players who are not playing enough will want to leave, and it is likely that the team will go through a major dip in form once Jose Mourinho inevitably leaves, as has happened with every one of his previous teams. Real’s frequent squad overhauls are not going to stop anytime soon. But if Bayern keep faith in this project they have undertaken… they have so far developed in a similar way to Barcelona, why shouldn’t a similar end be possible? Barcelona’s era of domination is nearing an end, and it seems to me that Bayern is the club which is closest to replacing them at present.
written by fcbayernmunchen
www+bayernforum+com
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca Empty Re: van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:27 am

Well, Van Gaal implemented possession based football at Bayern and due to him the players are very good in passing. Now with improved defense and Gomez firing on all cylinders, Bayern have become a force to be reckoned with. They just need Schweinsteiger to return from injury in full health ASAP.

BTW, I'm not so convinced about Contento. Especially against ManCity he didn't look convincing at all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca Empty Re: van gaal helpd us the way he helped barca

Post by la bestia negra Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 am

rwo power wrote:Well, Van Gaal implemented possession based football at Bayern and due to him the players are very good in passing. Now with improved defense and Gomez firing on all cylinders, Bayern have become a force to be reckoned with. They just need Schweinsteiger to return from injury in full health ASAP.

its a little bit eird since last year evrey body wanted him out knowing this just made me realise that van gaal is that bitch nany who comes in changes evreything stays for a while and then leaves and when she leaves BAM you adapt to her system
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 am

Van Gaal is a pretty successful coach, but it seems that his personality is a bit difficult so that this leads to clashes with the club big wigs and players with and ego, too. IMO this can be glossed over for a short time, but when the tensions get too big, Van Gaal is booted out, as the coach is normally the weakest link to resolve such problems.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I agree: van Gaal did plenty of great things while at Bayern. You can't forget a near triple on your very first season, either.

He had faith in Mueller so I love him just for that. And mighty Badstuber Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I think Jonker can complete what Van Gaal started, I like the Ideal of how he's coaching the junior team so he can understand them in an out.

Barcelona might have Poyul but then we've Lahm, Badstuber needs to raise his game to a higher ground and compete with likes of Pique otherwise the Board could bring in Hummels(Developed in Bayern).

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Idrisozet wrote:I think Jonker can complete what Van Gaal started, I like the Ideal of how he's coaching the junior team so he can understand them in an out.
Right now, Heynckes is a pretty good choice as he seems to know perfectly what he can do tactically with the team (at least when all are healthy - the clean sheet record from the beginning of the season was pretty amazing!). I'm curious who will come after Heynckes, though. Quite a lot of people seem to want to see Kloppo at Bayern, too. But indeed, Jonker did a good job the last matches of the last season, so he might not be a bad choice either.

Idrisozet wrote:Barcelona might have Poyul but then we've Lahm, Badstuber needs to raise his game to a higher ground and compete with likes of Pique otherwise the Board could bring in Hummels(Developed in Bayern).
I doubt that Bayern will get Hummels, as it is questionable whether he wants to move back to Bayern. But then, one probably needs to wait and see how things look in a year or two.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 pm

It's too much of a risk putting Jonker as the main manager. It's very rare giving assistants the main manager job unless they show extreme talent, even less in a big club like Bayern with massive pressure.

Another candidate IMO should be Markus Babbel. Sure, he's inexperienced but he's young, hungry and loves Bayern. If not, there are plenty of talented managers in Germany that would do a lot with the resources Bayern has.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I've faith in Jonker and I'll like to say he has been coaching since 1987 and that is a long time. I believe Jonker will be the ideal man to take over from Jupp when he retires, he should be able to complete the transformation by promoting our youngstars to the senior team.

He did very well after Van Gaal was sacked and he's not as arrogant as Van Gaal.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Idrisozet wrote:I've faith in Jonker and I'll like to say he has been coaching since 1987 and that is a long time. I believe Jonker will be the ideal man to take over from Jupp when he retires, he should be able to complete the transformation by promoting our youngstars to the senior team.

He did very well after Van Gaal was sacked and he's not as arrogant as Van Gaal.

jonker :bow:

but you have to bow for this

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I can see it being Klinsmann yet again. Jonker looked half decent because he actually bothered having a defense, unlike van Gaal who was turning Badstuber into a playmaker or something.

Too much pressure for such an inexperienced guy. He's not even the assistant anymore, but a team coach.

There are many good German managers out there who wouldn't be as risky.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I can see it being Klinsmann yet again. Jonker looked half decent because he actually bothered having a defense, unlike van Gaal who was turning Badstuber into a play-maker or something.

Too much pressure for such an inexperienced guy. He's not even the assistant anymore, but a team coach.

There are many good German managers out there who wouldn't be as risky.

I have faith in him, because he has been in coaching business for a long time, since 1987(25 years I think). He was once Barcelona assistant, Hoeness and the board have their reasons for making him manager of our youth team, I think that is because the youth team played badly last season and needed someone to rebuild the youth team and develop our youngstars.

Results...
FC St.Pauli 1:8 Bayern Munich
Bayern 2:1 Stuttgart
Bayern 4:1 Schalke (we lost to schalke with Van Gaal)
Frankfurt 1:1 Bayern
Bayern 5:1 Bayer

Defensively he did well, taking into consideration that we had Butt as our goalkeeper, Contento & Pranjic as left back, then Gustavo, Breno, DVB, Badstuber as CB.

We conceded just 1 goal in every match, making it 5 goals and scored 20, amazing record bearing in mind Badstuber scored an own goal and gave away about two additional goals, you can not blame him for dropping Badstuber and playing DVB & Gustavo(midfielder), he had good reason to to that.

Also When Van Gaal started coaching Bayern he had very bad results and needed time to adjust, you can't compare Klinsman to Jonker, when Klinsman was still playing in Tottenham, Jonker was already learning his trade.

Andries Jonker did a brilliant­ job when he took over from Van Gaal, steering us from the Europa spots to the CL­ qualifiers, considering how Van Gaal managed to destroyed the players Moral, also he played Klose as an attacking midfielder and that was so effective, he promoted N. Jüllich to the first team as a back-up.

Markus Babel is not the best of coach if Bayern wants to achieve great things

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

It was just an option. He's young, played for Bayern and is half decent considering the resources he has. Most German managers would look like gods in Bayern, considering the gulf in power Bayern has from the other Bundesliga clubs.

Obviously my first choices would be Loew and Klopp who I doubt would leave Dortmund anytime soon.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down