Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far???

+9
Ganso
Katy Perry
Soul
Blue
lszanto
fatman123
Kick
Red Alert
Chelsea786
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far??? Empty Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far???

Post by Chelsea786 Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi guys, im back after a break bounce

Well what can i say: AVB in charge, some disastrous results, some kickoffs/rumours, some good games and signings.

Well so far AVB has been decent and if give him time then he could be a great manager as long as he doesn't start moaning at everything, get to cocky with all players and managers and annoy the press because at the end of the day there's only one MOURINHO Laughing

So who will we sign and will leave in January??? Rolling Eyes AVB has said we will sign no one but I don't believe him as we will lose players to the AFCON plus Anelka and Alex leaving and maybe get few injuries here and there. We do need a few more creative players in mid or up front similar to Mata and Sturridge plus a CB (Cahill). And i hope he sorts Luiz out 🐰 Why cant we play him as RB or DM Playmaker???

Chelsea786
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far??? Empty Re: Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far???

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 am

Welcome back.

You guys need a finisher, CM and a CB (or RB depending on where Ivanovic plays) imo. Could go with another striker too with the likes of Anelka (gone), Torres (rumoured to go; but don't see it happening) and Drogba (out of contract)

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far??? Empty Re: Chelsea January signings & overall progress so far???

Post by Kick Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 am

I would rather we buy a versitle winger, and Isla.

Anelka and Alex to go, Josh on loan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 am

i think lukaku and josh need to go out on loan and alex needs to be sold ot the higest bidder so we can free up the wage bill a bit
then i think drogba needs to have a contract extension worked out and then we should try for another CB, maybe garry cahill whose english and apprently can be bought for 10ish mil, with alex gone and ivanovic moved to starting RB he should get good game time
if we were to buy a RB id like to see us go for van der wiel or Ansaldi (highly unlikely though)
also if a decent CM comes accross at the right price it couldnt hurt either
dont forget kakuta comes back in jan too
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 pm

fatman123 wrote:i think lukaku and josh need to go out on loan and alex needs to be sold ot the higest bidder so we can free up the wage bill a bit
then i think drogba needs to have a contract extension worked out and then we should try for another CB, maybe garry cahill whose english and apprently can be bought for 10ish mil, with alex gone and ivanovic moved to starting RB he should get good game time
if we were to buy a RB id like to see us go for van der wiel or Ansaldi (highly unlikely though)

Lukaku can't go on loan cause he's played for Chelsea + Anderlect and can't play for another this season, he's featuring more in the reserves which I think is good as he will still grow/accustom to england to some extent there. 100% agree for Joshie although AVB said we're not going after Cahill so hopefully we'll send Josh to Swansea so he can play some nice footie and link up with our ex-love Sinclair.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 pm

lszanto wrote:
fatman123 wrote:i think lukaku and josh need to go out on loan and alex needs to be sold ot the higest bidder so we can free up the wage bill a bit

Lukaku can't go on loan cause he's played for Chelsea + Anderlect and can't play for another this season, he's featuring more in the reserves which I think is good as he will still grow/accustom to england to some extent there. 100% agree for Joshie although AVB said we're not going after Cahill so hopefully we'll send Josh to Swansea so he can play some nice footie and link up with our ex-love Sinclair.

I think Lukaku can go on loan, he wasn't allowed to go in the summer but i think he can do that during January.

When Alex leaves, i rather recall Bruma then sign Cahill. Cahill is not good enough, and doesn't give us anything that our other CB's wouldn't provide.

We also don't need a another RB imo, because Ivanovic is superb at that position, and tbh i think he is much better as a RB then CB. I would even say he is the worst CB on the squad.

Moving Luiz to RB or DM doesn't make sense because first he is our best CB along with Terry, second there is much more to playing DM then just being good with the ball, also Romeu and Mikel are excellent DM's.

Imo we need some quality wide players, because beside Mata and Sturridge no one else in the squad is a viable option. If one of them get injured or need to be rested, then we will go back to being piss poor.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 am

Am I the only one who thinks we won't be signing a star striker this January?

The way I see it, we'll only get Vargas.

Torres to play in the middle while Sturridge and Mata on the flanks. Lukaku would be a backup striker while Vargas would sit on the bench or maybe pull off a Romeu and get some good game time until Drogba and Kalou returns from AFCON after which he'll go to the reserves for the remainder of the season.

I see Piazon making a sub appearance during this period too.

Here are the fixtures for January:

Away Wolverhampton Wanderers

Home Portsmouth FA Cup

Home Sunderland

Away Norwich City

Away Swansea City

Couldn't have asked for a better fixture list TBH, but you never know what the last 3 on the list might do
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am

@kick

I've read somewhere that Lukaku can't play for another club this season, even on loan. Plus with Anelka leaving and Drog and Kalou to AFCON we'll be taking a big risk in letting Lukaku go on loan
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Soul wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we won't be signing a star striker this January?

The way I see it, we'll only get Vargas.

Torres to play in the middle while Sturridge and Mata on the flanks. Lukaku would be a backup striker while Vargas would sit on the bench or maybe pull off a Romeu and get some good game time until Drogba and Kalou returns from AFCON after which he'll go to the reserves for the remainder of the season.

I see Piazon making a sub appearance during this period too.

You really understimate Vargas, he is at least better than any our striker outside our starting 3 Smile
and im not sure we'll get him

I don't see Piazon to get a spot as a sub this season, (even mceachran and lukaku didnt had so many chances) and I don't even know his role, is he an am, winger or cm?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Piazon is playing as a winger for Chelsea's youth,i think hell get a sub role if Anelka and Drogba leave.

If Vargas comes,i think he might even bench Sturridge,the guy is really something
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Bench Sturridge? Well in that case, can't wait to see what happens with this transfer Very Happy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Bench Sturridge, funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 pm

kick mars wrote:Bench Sturridge, funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
laugh all you want,vargas will outshine sturridge if he goes to chelsea....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Ganso wrote:

Will be interesting to see if it happens, if he does I won't be complaining. He's been one of our best players since coming back form his red at the start of the season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Ganso wrote:

Mata - Sturridge - Vargas
:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:00 pm

The way Sturridge has been playing, i doubt Vargas can bench him. Even if Vargas impresses AVB will find a way to play both of them at the same time. Anyway I think his transfer will happen in the summer.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Seriously though,you guys have to watch Vargas,hes a monster....

Mata-Sturridge-Vargas or Mata-Vargas-Sturridge would be great.Sturridge should stick to the wing imo,hes fast and tracks back a lot
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Romeu - Lampard
Mata
Sturridge - Drogba - Vargas

Another option.

Sturidge will not be benched.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I heard that he is very close to Napoli..if he comes he just cant bench sturridge or mata, but he definitely has some chance with torres and drogba

kick mars wrote:
Romeu - Lampard
Mata
Sturridge - Drogba - Vargas

Another option.

Sturidge will not be benched.

:facepalm: clearly not going to happen

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Forgot about Ramires!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:36 pm

lampard as a DM? hmm
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Lampard as a DLP, Romeu is the DM.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Ganso wrote:Piazon is playing as a winger for Chelsea's youth,i think hell get a sub role if Anelka and Drogba leave.

If Vargas comes,i think he might even bench Sturridge,the guy is really something

Ru high or something bro?? haha.. atm no one who is likely to come to Chelsea can bench Sturridge lol... I'm still sad on the match but thanx for making me laugh haha.. Even if he is better than Sturridge he will still prolly play in the other wing or somewhere else.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Ganso wrote:Piazon is playing as a winger for Chelsea's youth,i think hell get a sub role if Anelka and Drogba leave.

Ru high or something bro?? haha.. atm no one who is likely to come to Chelsea can bench Sturridge lol... I'm still sad on the match but thanx for making me laugh haha.. Even if he is better than Sturridge he will still prolly play in the other wing or somewhere else.

I think he was suggesting that Vargas would be better on the wings than Sturridge. Even if that is the case however, we can always move Sturridge elsewhere since there's no way he'll be benched again in this form.

And no, there's no way Piazon would get a role in the first team this season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am

That McCarthy looked class against you guys. I know it's only one game, but he's generally rated by a few. Could see him doing well in your system. Wouldn't be too bad.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next